The 2nd Soft Drummer Meet-Up - 21/4/2007

Really? Hmmm. I'm pretty satisfied with the chains (using the red cam) so far. Think I'll need to explore using it in more situations first.

One day must try out your belt version shred5. I've never played on a belt pedal before. Come for the gathering lah. Then everyone can compare and contrast the pedals :D

Belt or Chain - price variance not much - I understand that some people prefer Belt-Driven and some Chain-Driven...very personal one.

As regards to Cams - I don't really know what colour is best for me - But I use all the Black-Cam which I supposed is the Standard ones. This is because I do not know very much about how to practice Double-Pedal most importantly I never practice that (my own fault as I focus a lot on hands nowadays).........My own thinking is - since I'm not good in Double Pedal - Using Black-Cams or Standard ones would be good for a Learner like me....maybe if I bery good already next time - I might know how to fiddle with the colour ones.

Cheers !

RD,

Ok..I cancel the drum Circle people from coming for our this meet up. Actually there is a 2 lady drummer (a professional from Philippines, flying back soon - my friend told me) but she only play together with her band members - but she plays the Drum-Kit (like the ones we does...I heard she is very good in her Samba/Brazilian/Latina kind of stuffs on the Kit- no hard feelings - just a suggestion to add in the excitement of the 2nd meet up - They told me just - If they come it will only be around 3pm and play only half an hour (only with their own band - of drummers - so it becomes something like a show to us) - can only come at 3pm cause they need a few cars to bring their stuffs though on their own.

What is their band's name? Any other pro drummers coming? Not that I just want to see pro's, I was just curious...

Wish I could come and see you guys play..... Better get some sleep and stop surfing till 2am....

Committee Members: - James (Soft), RD, rla, drum_hobbist, Reuben, Weckl, caijunlong, jimmyplaydrums.

(0) James
(1) RD ( Pearl Reference Series & 1969 Ludwig SuperSEnsitive Snare)
(2) rla
(3) drum_hobbyist
(4) Reuben
(5) Weckl
(5) caijunlong
(6) jimmyplaydrums
(7) rengaw
(8') smildrumez
(9) QWEbie
(10) danial (Tama Artwood Snare)
(11) DullTheater
(12) Frummer
(13) mel80 ( Omar Hakim snare )
(14) Marcdadrummer
(15) drummar-buah
(16) rong

For those who have just bumped into this thread, you may like to check out the first post in this thread which explains this Drum Meet-Up.
Follow the link http://soft.com.sg/web/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=29858&start=0

Feel free to add your name into the list should you be interested.

Bros who didn't come or have missed the first meet-up, you are encourage to come too. Don't be shy. :wink:

hey wow wow wow :lol: :lol: :lol: hi guys whats up!

(sorry I never log in to SOFT so a long time)

RD if you need any helpers PM me i will be there to help out ok

Anymore Bros Bringing "Nice Snares" to share share with us or not - It's too little snare lah - just 4 only meh....

Hello.ooooooooo ! please join in lah - where is that Bro Bliss har and his DW

Lol my school now occupying the former RJC campus, only 5 min walk from the ulu pandan cc. Haha. Damn I would like to go, but my saturdays are never free...Oh well. Have fun, guys!

Just a friendly note after hearing some feedback....there are female drummers who are interested in such events....however, some have feedback to me about how "offended" they felt after reading about the "focus" put on girls in the last "meet-up" thread.

Guys, if you want to open this up to all gender, please tone yourself down a little...otherwise, you'll start seeing the girls organising an all-girls only meet-up....

Also, sing-drum-circle used to have an idiot who would make sexual references in 80% of his posts....in the end, you see no female forum vistors....and you know what, I have a few female students...and frankly, 2 of them are my best students! They can kick some male drumming butt easily!! So keep this cleaner and you may have the honour of seeing and LEARNING from these girls!

Hi Alvin,

I agree with what you've said. Seems like much attention is given to them.
But we do know the existence many female drummers who are much more serious and better than us. RLA was telling me that a girl who initially volunteered to demostrate triple ramatacue. Playing it is one tough thing. To be willing to demostrate it in front of crowd is another. Unfortunately, she had to leave early for a jam session.

Don't worry bro Alvin, no guys here despise girls.

The turn up rate for the previous drum-meetup was more than 90% guys. Hence, we tried to give the ladies some attention because we don't want them to feel left out. Female drummers or male drummers doesn't make a difference. We're still drummers after all.

Hey Jimmy,

Did you catch DS second set that day?

Just a friendly note after hearing some feedback....there are female drummers who are interested in such events....however, some have feedback to me about how "offended" they felt after reading about the "focus" put on girls in the last "meet-up" thread.

Thanks very much for this timely post, Al. I personally felt that would happen, but I felt it was useless to bring it up at that time. I think most of it was just teasing and joking between friends, but my guess is they just forgot to be sensitive to who else might be reading this forum, and ended up looking like they'd never met someone from the opposite gender before.

But I'm sure that wasn't their intention - but just got too caught up in the excitement about the first meet.

Definitely not the way to go to set the tone for an inviting environment without discrimination, in this case, gender discrimination.

Let's take this feedback to heed and ensure that it doesn't happen again. Tease and joke, but not at the expense of others, who might feel disrespected.

Bottom line: Let's all learn to be RESPECTFUL :)

Alternatively, those interested (or desperate) can set-up their own MGTD* meetings. ;) Even then, you don't want to disgust/offend the very people you want to attract. Respect goes a long way, Brothers :)

*Meeting Girls Through Drumming

Glad some agree with me....some of them feel that the posts are a little "creepy"....the guys are too "chee hong"....haha....man, if a girl can use that term...then she must definitely be offended.

I would really love for our drumming community grow.....so...lets make an effort!

Yup....true..

Hehehehe ok lah ... and yes I know some of these female drummers are very good ( Alvin's students) ..... so I have to be very careful mah ( we all have to be careful not to overdo/said things here - though it was a joke) - if not wait har complain to Alvin...how? ... I die. :lol:

Back