Suggestions and Comments on the new site

The Quick Reply option requires us to hit a button then reply... Is there a way to have the Quick Reply always on?

There's a reason to having to click the "quick reply". If you click "display modes", you'll get a drop down menu asking for linear, hybrid or threaded mode. The hybrid is between linear and threaded.

The point of the quick reply is that you need to click it if you are responding to a particular post (not thread). Notice each post has it's own quick reply button. When you click the quick reply button to a post (for example, to this post by me), in the threaded/hybrid mode, you'll see your reply being cascaded from this post.

So the quick reply is for responding to a post. If not responding to a post but generally to the thread, you should use the "post reply" button or quick reply to the first post. I realised not many realised this, and so the threaded mode appeared rojak.

i know technical problems gotta be sorted out first... but i like the old GUI. this one looks to generic..

avatars, smilies? ooh and i hope this time around the quote button will show the original poster's name rather than simply "Quote:"

small matter, but might i suggest a slightly more prominent "forum" link at the nav bar on the main page..it seems to get abit lost

some guys mentioned the quick reply thing... i'm actually used to this kind of quick reply, same as the hardwarezone.com forums. nothing too difficult, all you have to do is click the quick reply on ANY post and ta-da... the quick reply will open

aenimic i'm guessing you are a huge MJK fan :)

why is it i seem to subscribe to threads that i reply to?

ok..so if I were to click the quick reply button on any post,it won't mess up with the different views in the thread?

cause I just read from what Cheez wrote that if you clicked the quick reply of a poster,the thread view or something like that will be jumbled up.

right now,I'll always click on the "Post Reply" whenever I wanna reply to the thread. Am I doing the right thing?

Shinobi: Hell yeah,I'm a fan of MJK. but more particularly of Tool. That guy's just amazing. Such a sad thing that his solo album won't reach our shores.

Aenimic, clicking it on any post just make the threaded view confusing. But then, I doubt many will use the threaded view. The threaded view is helpful for extremely long threads with sub-threads/sub-topics within it. Then it helps the reader sort out who is replying to which post.

But clicking on reply thread only takes a few milliseconds longer than clicking the quick reply. And it takes a little more scrolling to see the other posts. That's all.

Shinobi, the GUI will change. That will be the last thing to change - once everything else is stable. James said it will appear very similar to the old one - with advertisements and all.

For those who did not realise, the main page has been slowly changing. If you are like me who saved the forum page in the favorite folder, it's time to change it.

Click on "homepage" on the left "Site Navigation" panel, or alternative just click here: http://www.soft.com.sg/cmps_index.php?pageid=home

One small bug - clicking on the SOFT logo (top left) does not bring us to the homepage but the main forum page. Just need to update link.

Also noticed that the max PM has been increased to 100.

Hi cheez

Best to bookmark www.soft.com.sg . This one sure remains the same.

The extra PM is for moderator only.

Hi shaneypants

Ya, this new system is supposed to be more powerful. Slowly lah, I am sure you will discover the 'forum of possibilities'.

But it's one extra click to get into the website. When something goes wrong, I would go there just in case the link changed. But if not, I usually bookmark the other main page. :)

One suggestion - Since HTML has been turned off in posts, perhaps we could look at making a custom vB code to enable people to embed youtube videos in their posts without using html.

You can use the embed code on YouTube's site to make a BB code:

Admin CP -> Custom BB Codes -> Add New BB Code

Title - YouTube
Tag - youtube
Replacement:

Code:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/{param}"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/{param}" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Example - [youtube]JFwCCL0Vh6U[/youtube]

Description - Use the movie code from the YouTube URL in your browser. For example, http://youtube.com/watch?v=JFwCCL0Vh6U

From: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195897

Another suggestion that might help make some users feel more at home would be to move the display of user information to the left of the post.

Go Options, then Style & Language Settings. Change the last option (Use Legacy (Vertical) Postbit Template) to Yes.

search function

hi,

i suggest to hv at least a minimum of 3 letters in a each word.
this will help to find more boss pedals like ds1, bd2, and MIJ... HSS config.. amp.. etc etc...

regards

Maybe it would be better if there was an automatic redirection to soft forums. Right now I have to click on "Click here to new site", which is quite troublesome for me (heh :p)

Back