Suggestions and Comments on the new site

loving the clean look of the forum.

just a minor nitpick, the forum time is 12 minutes late from the actual time, say 7:40pm now when its actually 7:52pm (referenced from the official worldtime gmt thing)

i think thread title changing by all users would be good as well. if that isn't possible then perhaps delete the whole soccer thread and let FGL start a new one with a proper title, would probably save abit of forum resources given the size of that monster..

hi sub, got the poll enabled.

unsane, glad you like the clean look. you might wanna check if you have enabled Daylight Saving in your Control Panel. Will discuss with fgl about his thread.

Thanks for everything thus far, working smooth and looking great. :)

Request for Multi-quote function?

It allows users to select a multiple posts to reply to.

Example:

It allows users to tag multiple posts that they wish to respond to by clicking a small button on each post. Once the user clicks the reply button, each tagged post is quoted.

To increase usability, by default, only posts within the current thread are automatically quoted. If you wish to quote posts in other threads with multi-quote, you simply need to click a link on the reply page, and the text of those posts will be added without a reload.

multiquote-k.png

From: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186803

I dont like the idea of using Quote at all. It is easily abused and the whole forum will end up with quote all over the place.

We can refer to the other person we want to address, for example - Hi weckl-x!

Let me take this opportunity to once again highlight, use the Quote function carefully. Anyone who abuse the Quote button will get demerit points.

RE the buy/sell section- would be nice to have the ability to edit your post titles... would prevent a lot of extra threads from being created because people couldn't add or take away from what they were selling.

also, it would be great if we could lock our threads after selling whatever it is we have :)

Hi, agreed totally, now can't edit the titles, it still show the titles we first typed....please make this possible to prevent repeated posts..

The thread's title cannot be edited due to the software. I will find out more.

Any suggestion to work with the current system? 1 thread per item?

The thread's title cannot be edited due to the software. I will find out more.

Any suggestion to work with the current system? 1 thread per item?

SG cafe uses vBulletin as well but thread starters can change the title. Any news on this?

Otherwise everyone will just keep creating new threads, especially for the Buy/Sell section.

well currently the only unsatisfactory thing i have is the PM thing. In the box it shows how many unread and how many in total. It would be better if they just showed the unread and the amt in the inbox right? quite misleading..

hey can increase the lines for sigs?
I mean like 5 or 6.

cause considering the fact that you can't bump your "selling" thread. I bet alot of people will find it useful to place it under their sig so that people will take notice.

hey james i like the subtle changes u've made to the look progressively. those grey bars on the left are cool :)

Glad you like it. Once I get the functional stuff going, I will try to make the site alittle more sexy.:cool:

Personally, I would love to see more colours here man.

Seems like it's only orange, grey and white.

Perhaps to spice things up a little bit, can add small 15 x 15px icons to accompany the threads?

Like the cutesie icons in Facebook?

Hee...

:-D

Back