Suggestions and Comments on the new site

I agree with superkicky. James doesn't owe us anything. It might feel like this is a public site, but it's not. Ultimately, James running and hosting this site for us is like inviting us into his house.

Just remember that we are all guests here.

While you're making your suggestions for improvements and voicing your concerns it doesn't hurt to throw in some respect for the owner of the house you're partying in.

It's useless to just say "XXXX sucks". Make your feedback useful by saying WHY you think XXXX sucks, and HOW you think XXXX can be improved.

haha signatures are gone , but the navigation is better . the message storage is also a little screwy

Obviously, the "New Posts" button will be the most used.

However, I realised that at any one time, more than 30% of the new posts are about buying/selling gears (last time I clicked - 31 out of 60 new posts are about buying/selling gears). For those who want to engage in forum discussions, it is a distraction to have to sieve through all these posts.

I'm wondering whether the buy/sell section can be separate.

However, I also realise that sometimes, I may not be actively looking for somebody but may come across somebody selling something that I would like to get, or vice versa. It hasn't happened to me yet, but maybe others.

So...I would like to see these in a separate section. But if not, it's OK (for the above reason).

It will be nice to be able to send pm on the actual pm page. The pm page only lets us see the folder contents. Only way I can send pm is going into user CP.

Oh, by the way, the sigs are up. Thanks for that!

Last edited:
Clicked on the "Member List". Noticed the first member on the list goes by the user name "-". I wonder if there's anyway to ensure people use at least 3 alphanumeric letters as their usernames.

Don't worry James. Don't have to solve everything. I'm a little free now and trying to click every button there is to see which works and which doesn't. You can slowly go through each post here at your own pace! :D This particular problem is probably the lowest on the priority list... but then I can't find too many bugs at the moment. Everything seems to work quite well so far!

Oh, another thing. Click a thread will always display the time taken to search (eg search took 0.03 seconds). I thought this is not necessary. Little things like this may help to reduce clutter.

How do I get to show my image in my signature?
I uploaded an image from my comp..but it's not appearing.

man i swear he should had tested it first and than transfered it here. and to the guy that said that he is hosting it thats what you think he pays for hosting.

cheez: thks e login is alright

but the pictures and uploading images is still a problem. I saw a few ads having more than 4images, but im limited to only 4, but even if 4, it stil nids me to reduce to 3, can i know wats going on with my posting? yeah ahhas.

cheez: thks e login is alright

but the pictures and uploading images is still a problem. I saw a few ads having more than 4images, but im limited to only 4, but even if 4, it stil nids me to reduce to 3, can i know wats going on with my posting? yeah ahhas.

from what i know...with regards to posting pictures on posts..

theres a limit of 4 to 3.
stomp uses V bulletin as well...erm...i used to hang out there..but no longer..haha
thats how i know =x
im not really sure bout the rest but im pretty used to vbulletins now...its pretty common among forums....

Thanks James for the hard work!

I do find the vB interface easier to use, except the PM thingy Cheez mentioned. That'll be really handy (we're so used to it already). Oh! Now that the PMs can be exported in various formats, it'll save us a lot of trouble. Heh..heh..

As with all things, it won't be perfect. So be patient peeps!

Cheers!

Thanks James for the hard work!

I do find the vB interface easier to use, except the PM thingy Cheez mentioned. That'll be really handy (we're so used to it already). Oh! Now that the PMs can be exported in various formats, it'll save us a lot of trouble. Heh..heh..

As with all things, it won't be perfect. So be patient peeps!

Cheers!

lol? hard work?

Something very minor. When Replying to Thread, The bottom bar (ie the "post icons" bar) is missing one icon - the "angry" icon.

I realised that the Site Navigation box on the left has appeared. One suggestion. One the main page, having both number of threads and number of posts columns in the forum menu compesses the table and add to clutter. Those stats may be interesting, but usually ignored by forumers anyway. Suggestion is to cut down to one column - perhaps remove "number of posts" and just have the column for number of threads. That will widen the columns a little and give a sense of a cleaner page with less clutter (the words in the "last post" column won't be so squashed).

Oh, by the way, I'm now using 800X600 to view. On higher resolutions, it may appear better. But with smaller notebooks nowadays, I believe more people will be using 800X600.

But with smaller notebooks nowadays, I believe more people will be using 800X600.

Hmm, I've noticed otherwise. Most of the smaller notebooks nowadays seem to sport higher resolutions. I'm on a 13" at 1280x768. Same for my friends with a 12".

Oops. You're right. My 12" is at 1280X768. I'm so used to my high-resolution desktop that I'm forgetting what lower res is. Anyway, that means it's even more important to reduce clutter.

Latest posts

Back