spectator

Had nth better 2 do... so juz felt like showing off my clean fretboard ^^
hope no 1 takes this the wrong way...

2.jpg

The b4

5.jpg

The after...

A lil lemon oil goes a long way...

hey ! how you do that ? please mind my dumbness but i tried lemon oil and i rub with cloth but dosent come out lol

btw , nice job there . the fretboard does look a lot better and looks more rich , not as in money rich but .. ah nvm

heh, human mind is a complex building. Since you already mentioned the word showing off, automatically, most wont associate the pics with showing off, its more to sharing..

anyway, the pic rocks! Coz it shows the sweat and effort into playing it and making some magic instead of showroom quality gear picture. The essense of the guitar, aka being played as an instrument as show on the condition of the fretboard is the biggest compliment it can ever received. For its life to be a guitar, its existance has been justified!

Bravo!
icon10.gif

Nicholasim: thx haha... I used the sponge u noe the 1 ur mum uses 2 wash the dishes? I used a new one the green side to scrub... loL i read some1 there it wun harm ur fretboard so i gave it a try... n i think my fretboard is fine... But do note that my lemon oil says dun use on maple fretboard...

HarrisonYeo: haha i tot so too... Juz tot i'll give my cheap suzuki acoustic a lil tender loving care... haha...

PatheinRaindropMoe: erm thx haha... I love my guitar haha...

Now thats rejuvenation! That took off years of muck man!! excellent use of the scrub pad.

and yes...

The best life that can be given to a guitar is the honour of being played to death.

wah..when was the last time u actually clean the fretboard? you should clean it frequently eh. Its nice to see it clean again :D

chanmin: hey thx i'll play it TILL IT DIES... my previous acoustic broke its neck thx 2 my mother loL...

PinkSpId3r: 1st time i cleaned it... i got this bout 3years... n i have nv even wiped it down b4... haha... yea its good 2 see it clean... but u have 2 have all those sutff 2 compare den more sense of satisfaction haha...

edder: mojojojo

gsonique: thx bro...

chanmin: hey thx i'll play it TILL IT DIES... my previous acoustic broke its neck thx 2 my mother loL...

wahh what on earth did you do to make your mother break your guitar's neck?!

must've been a baaaaad boyyyy ;)

wah..

IF MY MOTHER BROKE MY GUITAR'S NECK I WOULD.........

cry

:D

haha... he never say it was accidental or intentional marh :D

btw, got a question... does WD40 Oil harm the fretboard/frets?

OH SHIT.
blame my stupidity but sometimes i use wd40 to wipe the tarnish on my frets away and lots of the oil gets in contact with the fretboard.

I'm Doomed =X

(actually my father was the one who wiped the frets with it)

feNdeRbeN: haha i didn't do anything bad la... i dun usually open the window n my curtains are usually closed... den i learn my guitar against the window there... den my mum decided 2 use the com n open the window without drawing the curtains... the wind blows, pushes the curtains, guitar falls n break its neck...

haha i have no idea bout wad lemon oil does... but i use the Dunlop fretboard 65 ultimate lemon oil i bought at davis guitars... quite easy 2 use... juz wipe the head of the bottle onto the neck parallel to the frets... den scrub like crazy..

ANY1 ELSE WHO CLEANED THEIR FRETBOARD RECENTLY N TOOK PHOTOS ARE WELCOMED TO POST THEIR PICS TOO!! I think it really gives u a sense of satisfaction seeing a clean fretboard haha... Mojo-less or not ^^

haha... he never say it was accidental or intentional marh :D

btw, got a question... does WD40 Oil harm the fretboard/frets?

lol ? it wont really actully man . i used it on my old guitar rosewood fretboard for like 3years now no problems at all . and it cleans very well lol .

STAY AWAY FROM ANY KINDS OF OIL WHATSOEVER,

COCONUT OIL, LAMBOIL, BRAIN OILD, TURKEY OIL (you get the idea)

what do u need it for anyway!

LOLLLLL
if anyone quotes this, ur an idiot :]

Back