Pedalboard Pictures!

6109922056_5df4392b2c.jpg

Just got myself a Chameleon:D No tonal diff from a Onespot tho, and its just as quiet as a Onespot.

@tyzjames: Heya dude, nice Chameleon, never really realized how small it is. Don't think you'll notice much difference in sound/hum running a 5 pedal chain and they are relatively low current suckers. The hum/noise from power supply really kicks in when you either have too long a signal chain (too many pedals) or are power high current sucking pedals.

The OTHER, imo more important reason to get a power supply like this, really is the protection for your pedals in case of a power surge/regulated power supply, ie the frying stops at ur isolated power supply port and doesn't reach your pedal. In the long run I think that is a reason big enough to invest in a good power supply.

How do you guys keep the Velcro from falling off your pedals that have a rubber base? For example the TCE SCF, MXR EVH Phaser, Eventide etc?

The Velcro on mine just kept peeling itself off the base of these pedals...

How do you guys keep the Velcro from falling off your pedals that have a rubber base? For example the TCE SCF, MXR EVH Phaser, Eventide etc?

The Velcro on mine just kept peeling itself off the base of these pedals...

Hey dude, if you're careful enough u can peel off the rubber base in one piece and then velcro the bottom. I've kept the rubber base from my TF just in case I ever have to sell it to keep one of my kidneys. Very easily put-back-able.

Oh about my Volume pedal, I think I'm holding on to it for the time being! Sorry mate!

Ah! So that's it... But the Velcro on my Boss pedal is still pretty sturdy, and the Velcro on the MXR is ok too, it's just keeps peeling of the TCE SCF and Eventide, freaking annoying...

One more thing, how about the elevated pedals? Like wahs and the MXR EVH Chorus? I tried taking off the rubber stoppers, but the screw won't go in all the way... Sigh...

No prob on the VP! I call dibs on it! Wanted the stereo VP coz of switching quickly between my piezo/electric signal on my JP... It's a really neat function!
Didn't want to waste money on getting a VP Jr first, as I know I would surely switch to the stereo when it's available...

@tyzjames: Heya dude, nice Chameleon, never really realized how small it is. Don't think you'll notice much difference in sound/hum running a 5 pedal chain and they are relatively low current suckers. The hum/noise from power supply really kicks in when you either have too long a signal chain (too many pedals) or are power high current sucking pedals.

The OTHER, imo more important reason to get a power supply like this, really is the protection for your pedals in case of a power surge/regulated power supply, ie the frying stops at ur isolated power supply port and doesn't reach your pedal. In the long run I think that is a reason big enough to invest in a good power supply.

Played a gig today, sadly my board was humming with the gain pedals on. Worked fine in the studio tho:/ Hopefully its just the patch cables. The chameleon is pretty versatile at its price point, just slightly more expensive than a Cioks Schitzo. And yes, its relatively small!

Ah! So that's it... But the Velcro on my Boss pedal is still pretty sturdy, and the Velcro on the MXR is ok too, it's just keeps peeling of the TCE SCF and Eventide, freaking annoying...

One more thing, how about the elevated pedals? Like wahs and the MXR EVH Chorus? I tried taking off the rubber stoppers, but the screw won't go in all the way... Sigh...
Buy shorter screws for pedals like that. Be careful you don't force it if the screw is already touching a circuit board or similar.

I still think it's better to carefully remove the original rubber base and velcro directly. It's easy to clean up any adhesive stain on the metal enclosure and glue the rubber base back on if you ever need to restore it to original condition. Adhesive on rubber, on the other hand, is sometimes impossible to touch up.

Totally saw that one coming ;)
LOL!
Buy shorter screws for pedals like that. Be careful you don't force it if the screw is already touching a circuit board or similar.

I still think it's better to carefully remove the original rubber base and velcro directly. It's easy to clean up any adhesive stain on the metal enclosure and glue the rubber base back on if you ever need to restore it to original condition. Adhesive on rubber, on the other hand, is sometimes impossible to touch up.
Thanks for the suggestion! Will try it out!

@skipper: sell it to me bro. I think, u don't like it. Haha. Or trade me, I'm sure I have something that interest u.

This is what happens when u can't slp at night. I know I know, too much.. But so pretty.....

0a5ebdc8.jpg

Well...... No ....... Then I'll buy it.... Haha .... I am gonna have another clearance .... Need to clear out

The WET? I say buy 2! lol.. maybe it's flaw is that it isn't stereo, growing to like it lar. finally getting it work with everything else on the board to get that haunting space that it creates.. at LOUD volumes really quite a marvellous thing..

LOL!

Thanks for the suggestion! Will try it out!

one method that have been going around for putting velcro on boss style pedals, is to flip the back panel so that the rubber side faces the circuit, leaving the bare metal side for velcro. And when is time to sell, just flip it back. :)

The WET? I say buy 2! lol.. maybe it's flaw is that it isn't stereo, growing to like it lar. finally getting it work with everything else on the board to get that haunting space that it creates.. at LOUD volumes really quite a marvellous thing..

isn't there a stereo one in the works?

Finally got around wiring up my board for a gig!
Still have some issues with power though, need three external wall warts just for the TCEs and Eventide pedals...
946b2278.jpg

Back