Pedalboard Pictures!

Nice board, Cavett. Just wondering, do you get a hum out of your rig? I'm asking because I noticed your M9 power supply is sitting below your buffer and near your cables. These things produce some kind of electromagnetic field or smth, had a problem with mine until I realised what was causing it.

Thanks man.

Initially when I just got the buffer, I did have some ground hum but only when I engage the drive pedals. But after I switch to Lava ELC patch cables, my setup now is dead silent and free of any ground hum even at the higher gain settings.

Hi all,Would you guys know where to get good quality "Pedaltrain size" velcro? I bought some velcro from SV but it doesn't stick well to my diy wooden pedalboard. I've tried the velcro from homefix at Marina Square, sticks much better but the width is small and i'd need to put 2 or 3 strips together on the pedalboard to get the width i need, and that's just for one row, so it'll end up being quite costly. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Just sharing my humble blues/rock n roll set up. :)

P1020176s.jpg

Managed to downsize from a PT-2 to a Mini while keeping most of my pedals, gonna connect a volume pedal off the board when I need it

6213382425_0262a0d624_z.jpg

Wow, Impressive. I take my hat off. hahah. What's that grey box between the el cap and riot, on top of the analogman chorus?

Last edited:
It's a patch bay, I used it to put a send/receive after the riot and before the chorus to connect to a volume pedal off the board. It's a bit troublesome now though, if I don't want to connect it to a volume pedal I've got to complete the loop. Might get the patch bay modded so that I can just toggle a switch to change the signal path

I usually get my patch cables from TYMC, either Canare or Mogami with the flat heads. Well, depends on how 'good' you want your instrument cables to be, I just use the planet waves cables with the kill switches, have been using them for the past 2-3 years now

you can get george L cables n heads at guitar77 at excelsior hotel basement shopping arcade. great sounding cables - solderless design you can cut n attach yr own cables to length. they have right angled and straight heads too.

the reviews of GLs have been mixed though.. I didn't have a good time with them even though i followed all the instructions. Bad connections, crapping out in the middle of gigs and shows so my advice would be to stay off them. if you want the solderless design, lavacables is the top, no question about that!

you can always head down, or call to check for prices. I believe a short 15cm one is $5, but i'm not entirely sure, pretty reasonable if you ask me.

Back