Pedalboard Pictures!

Greetings all,

I just got an Electric Mistress, and am looking to install a on/off LED light, as well as reducing the volume drop. At the moment, I'm using a booster pedal after it to reduce the difference when switched on.

Anybody else here has got the mods done?

Here's a shameless picture of my pedalboard, rearranged after some research.

Have a good weekend!

WP_000150.jpg

Hi there!

The Truetone's pretty useful. I used it previously to give a boost to the Sansamp as the Sansamp's mid drive boost wasn't as natural as the Truetone. Now the Truetone is used to push the Electric Mistress because of the mid and volume drop when the pedal switched on. Overall, the Truetone is soildly built. It has a nice stomp switch without the loud CLACK of the EHX range, just a gentle push and it switches on/off without any mechanical noise. Hope this helps, otherwise this video would do much better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZMXbNscf_A

Cheers!

Good news for all , when my friend ordered the 3 flash back and 1 flanger for our group. there was no gst even though we exceeded 400 sgd. because PGS did a good job , they did not paste the value of the goods on the parcel , and u all just hope the customs don't open it to check!

Thanks Channie, that's good news. Btw my order is still ongoing, I have already PMed 4 people who expressed interest here and cannot host too big an order but anyone else can still PM me if interested. Will be ordering in 1-2 weeks time since I don't think anyone wants stuff from this week's PGS coupon codes.

Good news for all , when my friend ordered the 3 flash back and 1 flanger for our group. there was no gst even though we exceeded 400 sgd. because PGS did a good job , they did not paste the value of the goods on the parcel , and u all just hope the customs don't open it to check!

I sure hope this doesn't happen to our order..

Hi all,

@mockingbird: This is a Modtone pedalboard with the inbuilt power supply. Comes with a carrying bag, a bunch of power cables and a length of velcro also. This is my first pedalboard, so I can't compare with anything else. The power supply system is noiseless, which is great, and the board is pretty robust. No complains!

@Channie: I've only had the Compressor for about a week or so, still working out the subtle effects. However, the main difference is that the compressed tone still sounds like the normal signal but just more "even", i.e, during strumming I get a balanced sound of all the strings instead of perhaps more of the A- or D-strings. You can adjust the amount of compression with the "Blend" knob, to change the amount of cheating. Hehe!

During single note pluckings, there is this "Attack" knob which gives a more pronounced 'puck puck' sound of your pick hitting the string. It makes a solo run sound more defined, I feel. Besides the Tone and Volume knob, there's a "Sustain" knob also, which adjusts the length of the compressed tone. Still trying to figure out this feature!

Overall, I like this pedal. Nicely built, cool colour and works as advertised. Its the first pedal in the chain and it can be used as a booster pedal as well, which is great for me as I've used the Truetone to boost the Electric Mistress and so the Wampler Compressor is now conveniently the booster/buffer for the signal after the guitar.

I don't know how accurate my observations are, but that's what I can say for now. Pai-say if you find otherwise!

Cheers!

=MrBukka

Thanks bro! I tried the analogman at ebenex that day too...its sick! But i prefer my FGC...

So how do you find the Zvex Mastotrion? Are you using it on its own or stacking it with the 7th? Interesting setup you got there....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yoz ized bro! Long time no see, actually I was also thinking of getting the FGC (handwired ver.)but couldn't get myself to pay one brand new, then I stumbled upon the bi-comp at a great price (2 kickass comp in one, just can't resist!). Sad to say the pcb FGC came out not long after I bought the bi-comp dang! Anyway great for u to get the FGC, a really nice pedal on it's own and a different animal compared to the bi-comp.

As for the mastotron, I use it mostly as a stand alone cause it has so much gain already and adding it with the 7th will be OVERKILL! I will occasionally push it with my keeley katana to get the "in your face" muse tone hahaha. Two featuresof the mastotron that I love is the 3 level "bass sub switch" and the "push/relax knob" to push it over the top or give it a nice relax tone that is close to an OD. Oh and it is able to handle any type of guitars (humbucker, single coil, actives etc) and basses as well!

Last edited:
5 different flavors of dirt.. gotta love it. or in another perspective... 5 stages of gain! hah! good to see nice pt-jr boards. dampens my want for a pt-2 lol.

Cool, so many different combinations to stack with man. Haha, the Jr too small alr eh. What are you gona put on the pt-2 thats not on your board now?

Back