Pedalboard Pictures!

200407_10150198738112640_505107639_8047869_6481201_n.jpg

Been bringing this to my first few jams in 2 years ever since I... ORD LOH!
It works but I'm just not satisfied. Should never have sold the blueSky. Or PT-2. Or Arion Octaver. Sigh... always want new gear, but always thinking of old ones.

Both EB VP Jr 25k are used as exp pedals for the M9. Usually I have one set up to control a delay or mod and the other for loop volume. Thinking of replacing one with a mini volume knob pedal cos they're damn heavy!

hmm i think i wanna post a pic soon of my board. its nothing big though and im kinda shy:p

Last edited:
206688_10150217087305336_507160335_8860093_457059_n.jpg

For the first time in YEARS, the lovepedal handwired roadhouse E has been kicked off the board in favour of the T1M pearl! haven't got space for the EB VP on board, time for a PT2.

The pearl has been really cool so far! I've only managed to play it for 30 minutes or so, but JM strat > Pearl > Vox AC4TV was some seriously good tone!

Isn't the Pearl a Menatone Fish Factory clone? Or did Dan change the circuit since the last time I read about it.

i read somewhere that it's kinda in that territory, but ive never played the menatone FF so i can't comment.

Its the best compressor I've ever played man. I don't know about the signa comp, never tried that but Goose ended up playing the FGC for more than an hour when I brought it to his house. The "sweetening" effect it adds is really addictive. The most unique thing about this comp is the sustain mode - where your attack isn't altered at all- so your initial attack and dynamics come through, and only evens out at the final stage. Dudelove also commented on how quiet it was even on higher gain settings - and it can go all out dynacomp-esque squish if you need but still retains its quietness, without that annoying darkening of tone...thanks to its subtle yet effective tone knob that can add or reduce high end roll off if needed. And thanks to the sweetening effect(this is something that has to be experienced to believe) you'll miss it when its off. Think Bjorn tweaked the FGC perfect to taste.

I very much prefer it to the boutique optocomps I've tried so far - Citrus, Maxon and Diamond included - and I've always been pretty much an optocomp guy cos I hate dynacomp style compressors. Goose said that the FGC is jfet based though if I remember correctly - the first of its kind I've ever tried although I know Menatone makes a jfet style compressor pedal too!

Cool, I was considering the FGC and deluxe signa comp some time back but I wasn't keen on getting something I couldn't try. Plus the signa sounded great, maybe I'll reconsider haha. There aren't any Singaporean distributors right?

The most unique thing about this comp is the sustain mode - where your attack isn't altered at all- so your initial attack and dynamics come through, and only evens out at the final stage.
Hmm? Very interested about this. So it raises the compression as notes decay, but there's no initial pop/punch? I'm looking for this -- sustain without changing the attack. Not too concerned about dynamic range as I can run it parallel if need be, but what annoys me is the punchiness or popping attack of all comps.

I don't like or use typical compressed sounds in my music at all, but I've got a Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone (parallel opto comp) with the blend set low and comp set pretty high for that "infinite sustain".

Hmm? Very interested about this. So it raises the compression as notes decay, but there's no initial pop/punch? I'm looking for this -- sustain without changing the attack.

The lovely thing about the FGC is that you can get extra long sustain and compression without the initial quick attack, which is the pop/punch. But it also CAN get the typical Dynacomp snap and pop which is really sweet for chicken pickers and country players. It's incredibly versatile and propably the quietest compressor I've played through, even more than compressors with a blend. It's quite amazing really.

I think dudelove will get the FGC if he wanted to go back to using a compressor in his rig....

Hmm? Very interested about this. So it raises the compression as notes decay, but there's no initial pop/punch? I'm looking for this -- sustain without changing the attack. Not too concerned about dynamic range as I can run it parallel if need be, but what annoys me is the punchiness or popping attack of all comps.

I don't like or use typical compressed sounds in my music at all, but I've got a Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone (parallel opto comp) with the blend set low and comp set pretty high for that "infinite sustain".

Yup....I never knew such a compressor existed until I read a review of the FGC in TGP....and I bought it blind without trying cos I've never came across a compressor like that before. Thank goodness I wasn't disappointed.

I did try out the Pigtronix, but i remember it added noise at higher compression settings, but i remembered it more for its unique low gain sound if you crank it up- its like an natural tube amp kind of breakup. Very unique pedal just not what I wanted in a compressor. Didn't get a chance to A/B them but I did A/B the FGC with my Goose modded Maxon CP101..which was already the quietest compresssor I own and the FGC could do all that, and more. So far it has been a really sweet musical addition to my rig- and a real versatile one for that. I can do the dynacomp sag and squish without noise AND use the tone knob to tame my strat's high end at the same time- so its like having your cake and eating it too, literally. And that is just the icing on the cake. I feel the real special thing about the FGC is the sustain mode - which lives up to the hype.

Back