Pedalboard Pictures!

charles55: cool DIY board, I recently did mine too. Spot a pair of Ikea handles. Can I ask what did you use for the board, and how did you get the carpet on?

Hi there..thanks for the comment.

I used a 3/4" thick plywood (i think, its a scrap one hehe..)
the handles I bought from a local hardware store. 4$ each..
then for the carpet I used Rugby..spread it all over the top then placed the carpet. :)
holds the carpet very well..hehe

Just thought i'd share my pedalboard.. Wired with canares, powered with a mounted pp2+ on a PT2 SC.

This should be here for a while..

Pedalboard2.jpg

What's that pedal on the left of the Turbo Tuner?

And Klon + Openhaus?? zomg!

Thats a Skinpimp Custom, basically it houses 2 individual circuits - the MKII and the FuzzFace, with of course the extremely rare trannies! Skinpimp fuzzes are definitely on par with D*A*M ones.. Definitely killer! Its probably the only 2-in-1 Circuit he ever made, the graphics are in memory of my late dad.

Haha and yes, Klon + Openhaus but the Openhaus is rarely stacked with other pedals except the delay, my usual drive needs are settled with the DAM RR, Klon & BJFe HBOD.

I can safely say my gas for pedals have been curbed for now (although i may want more BJFe Custom Shop stuff in the future), guitars here i come!

tubescreamer said:
Hope you aren't running the openhaus at 9V!

Haha i'm using a split Y-cable which runs the openhaus at 18v!

Skinpimp fuzzes are definitely on par with D*A*M ones.. Definitely killer! Its probably the only 2-in-1 Circuit he ever made, the graphics are in memory of my late dad.

haha not to mention, how many builders use turret boards for their pedals man.. i think i've seen quite a few 2 in 1 circuits alrdy.

i actually considered a skinpimp skinbender but that would set me back too much.. haha

haha not to mention, how many builders use turret boards for their pedals man.. i think i've seen quite a few 2 in 1 circuits alrdy.

i actually considered a skinpimp skinbender but that would set me back too much.. haha

Actually, those 2-in-1 circuits are different, the ones you see out there are actually much like the skinbender or even the DAM Drag'nfly, they house on a single turret board, biased together with all the trannies.

For mine, i have 5 trannies, 3 OC81Ds on the MKII, 2 CV7003s on my fuzz face side, if you open my pedal up, you'd see 2 turret boards instead on one, its amazing how he did it, both are great, really killer stuff.

Jon: As a huge jimmy page fan, you should try the MKII!

Actually, those 2-in-1 circuits are different, the ones you see out there are actually much like the skinbender or even the DAM Drag'nfly, they house on a single turret board, biased together with all the trannies.

For mine, i have 5 trannies, 3 OC81Ds on the MKII, 2 CV7003s on my fuzz face side, if you open my pedal up, you'd see 2 turret boards instead on one, its amazing how he did it, both are great, really killer stuff.

Jon: As a huge jimmy page fan, you should try the MKII!

yeah i know what u mean by 2 turret boards. i'm quite sure i've seen a few.

i'm still waiting a tonebender mkII built by a tgp member. i cant afford the OC81Ds so i settled with the vintage correct mullard OC75s. its taking damn long to come man. waited abt 8weeks alrdy. the guts look soo much like a D*A*M so i just had to give it a shot.

img0518e.jpg

further more they are affordable. i just have too many things coming in at once so money's really really tight.. haha i try to get the best for the cash i have.

yeah i know what u mean by 2 turret boards. i'm quite sure i've seen a few.

i'm still waiting a tonebender mkII built by a tgp member. i cant afford the OC81Ds so i settled with the vintage correct mullard OC75s. its taking damn long to come man. waited abt 8weeks alrdy. the guts look soo much like a D*A*M so i just had to give it a shot.

img0518e.jpg

further more they are affordable. i just have too many things coming in at once so money's really really tight.. haha i try to get the best for the cash i have.

I see, well with fuzzes, as Ryan has shared with me his vast fuzz knowledge, the difference between trannies are really subtle, it actually bores down to the maker actually knowing how to fine tune and bias them together, to create the unbelievable fuzzes that we hear today.

Basically, the makers we get our fuzzes from need to have excellent ears besides great technical workmanship!

Let me know when we're going to have our pedalboard shootout bro!

heh, the reason why not many people use turret board for pedals proll coz the components count for fuzz pedal is way less then other form of pedal circuit.

and there aint any majik in it anyway. Its just a board like perfboard that prolly easier for small timer builder to build and manage the amount of pedals circulating, then to mass print pcb which incurred another cost towards the final product.

of course, doing the turret way prolly can make it look nicer, on pictures, for those, easily attracted by pictures..

the majik in those fuzz are still the selected transistors. Other than that, the rest are actually basic components. Of course, not forgetting his effort to push it out as a product.

haha i trust the guy building my tonebender, and i asked for an external bias knob anyway. and i'm quite sure, he's probably the most hardcore die hard led zeppelin fan in the world.

he wrote the whole of this:
Jimmy Page: The Gear

Sounds good to me, although i'm pretty certain the bias knob that is featured externally is in no way a direct substitute for the maker's magic touch of internal biasing of the trannies before setting them up!

Can't to hear how it sounds though! I love my MKII right now and its probably my main fuzz unit!

Can't to hear how it sounds though! I love my MKII right now and its probably my main fuzz unit!

i asked for it so i can play around with it when i change guitars from humbucker to single coil.

yeah i cant wait to hear how it sounds too.. my favourite mkII i've heard is that JMI clip on youtube. i hope i can nail that.. haha

Back