Pedalboard Pictures!

The TBD is a tough one to use, every time i turn it on it seems to go into this never-ending spiral of feedback. But I guess that's the point of an oscillating fuzz eh? There are loads of sounds available in the 4 knobs and 1 switch, and the manual really helps you along. I've gotten synth-y sounds out of it as well the standard chunky Muse fuzz. Of course, disaster fuzz staples like velcro and glitchy fuzzes are present. I was torn between this and a Fuzz Factory, and after trying out both extensively I feel the TBD offers a much larger array of "disaster fuzz" tones, and the Feedback loop + photo eye just spews experimental capability. You know you want one, Greg :D

James, the Wah Probe, in case you don't know, uses the same circuit as the Seek Wah. It offers a huge sweep, but isn't exactly vocal. I can't draw comparisons to other wahs since my experience with them is rather limited, but the SHO circuit inside gives the wah a nice kick when you step on it (of course you can set the volume to equal or less than the un-effected level).

I can't really place my finger on an adjective that accurately describes the sound of the wah, so I'll pick abstract terms out of the sky. It's "indie" and "wah-riffic". It's very suitable for funk and Morello-esque stuff, don't expect Hendrix-style wahs, nor Metallica solo wahs. Also, it's a lot more solid than it appears to be in the pictures, and seriously, the coolness level goes to 11. Only 2 small complaints: it picks up things like electronic signals sometimes, so you might occasionally hear a computer "bleep", and also it requires a separate power plate, which is really expensive!!

/endminireviews

Nice board Jordan!

hows the cosmichorus? I'm looking to pick up a Radical Red Reverberator as well.

Where did you get that pedalboard from?

Bob

Greg, it's not a fight lah! A board is a board is a board.

Bob: Thanks! I just took delivery of the Cosmichorus this morning, so I haven't fully explored its sounds yet, but from the few hours of playing, it has a huge lush chorus and also the very nice shimmering chorus that I love. A bit on the expensive side (shipped it in from Australia) but I had my mind set on this after hearing the clips and reviews, and it was well worth the wait! By the way, this is the v2, which was launched just this year in February, so this is only #29.

I've heard nothing but good things about the RRR, and would definitely look into it if I required a reverb pedal (I use in-built tube reverb on my amp at the moment).

The pedalboard is a second-hand custom job, I bought it from the guy from Caracal, whose name I cannot, for the life of me, recall. (Sorry!) A bit bigger than I needed but I like the 2-tier design, you should see the mess in the space in the middle.

cool, thanks for the review. yup, have been reading up abit. haha. looking for a new wah now. Just can't decide! But it has to wait though, got other priorities for now.

If you need more information just drop me a PM :) I'd love to provide clips but all my recording stuff has mysteriously vanished. The price is rather steep but it's a real quality pedal IMO.

3774573368_1e0d2811a9.jpg

Korg Pitchblack>>MXR 74 RI scripted phase 90>>Gworx Fatman OD>>AM KOT V.4>>Rocketride Asteroid Chorus/Vibrato>>Empress Superdelay

here's an update. will be using this for a coming show...
i also have the mad professor sky blue overdrive. i'll see what works better.. the KOT and the Rocketride just came in this morning. and been having fun with it. despite all that's been said about the KOT, it does really sound amazing. And having the Gworx fatman od before it... does gives me a really wide range of gain stages... I also took out a skreddy lunar module as i don't need the fuzz for the coming show... thus, ODs are enough.

i did considered the Cosmic Chorus as well, but yeah, chanced upon a rocketride, thus i guess i didn't regret it. it's vibrato is very sweet. and there's no like big jump in volume and speed when swtiched between chorus and vibrato.

edited : shifted the SD to the right side... and yes, all powersupply angled.

Last edited:
you left such a great impact, can't help it.

I've been doing it since I started guitaring in 2006....so looks like all of you guys ripped me off heh heh :evil:

Just never had the oppotunity to post pics and of course, I was clueless about soft's existance....So I bucked the trend before it started....

That Rocketride looks really interesting, how is it? And Superdelay FTW! :)
It's a mod on the small clone done by bjf. he also added a vibrato that's like the boss VB2. it's tune in a way that it's seamless when switching between chorus and vibrato.

Gworx fatman OD!!! Can u kindly do a basic intro for it bro?
this one, i can only say it's a transparent OD pedal. goose would have a better description of it.

Back