Pedalboard Pictures!

I wouldn't call it tight cuz I'm very afraid of Edwin's inclinations... He gets a little touchy after a few beers... :lol:

If you really wanna see boards, go through our web-zine. We've taken quite a bit of pictures of the boards of the guitarists we interview. However, most of them are rather obslete... Kah Wye from Lunarin has upgraded most of his pedals, the entire Observatory gang gotten new toys since the 1st album.

http://www.agingyouth.com/archive.htm

Have fun...

electrico_gear_3.jpg

Electrico's Daniel Sasson's rig... though I think he changed a couple of stuff here and there...

p_5.jpg

Phorous and IF's Fuzz's rig

Loads more...

i qould like to ask about daniel's rig.that ehx synth.
what kind of synth is that?the sliders are lighting up?
i could only find the normal slider ones.

care to shine some light?

fehlupkid: finally i'm seeing some rocketride pedals! If i didnt already have my pedalboard needs settled, i'd definitely go for the delay! Its crazy stuff, grab it while you can guys!

jordan: Yes the RRR is great, however, its afterall jsut a digital reverb which i'm pretty sure a boss rv-2 can cover (besides the other sounds that the rrr can produce). Moreover, how many types of reverb do you actually use?! Well, i'm using my Chieftain's reverb now as well, a 3-d type of reverb, really really crazy stuff.. I see you're looking at a Matchless Independence as well? Matchless is really incredible.. Its hard to believe that the Samson era ones actually better than the current ones (how great can they actually get!)

I'm really fortunate to own a samson era one.. Really crazy stuff.. Takes my pedals like no other amp.

i qould like to ask about daniel's rig.that ehx synth.
what kind of synth is that?the sliders are lighting up?
i could only find the normal slider ones.

care to shine some light?

wow...that pic of his rig you quoted is really damn outdated...

fehlupkid: finally i'm seeing some rocketride pedals! If i didnt already have my pedalboard needs settled, i'd definitely go for the delay! Its crazy stuff, grab it while you can guys!

FEOTM is quite a gem... but i think i'll pass for now.. since it's a mod of the DMM XO to make it sound more tape echoish... for me, i'm quite happy with my normal DMM and the SD... but it's sure a keeper...

Bob: Yeah I've tried out the Independence, and LOVE IT. Guess what's holding me back from purchasing it right now? Hint: It starts with s and ends with ix thousand dollars. Yeah I was actually thinking about the Digitech Hardwire RV-7 for a reverb, read nothing but good things about it. But our dear dealer has priced it so unreasonably high that I'd have to buy it from overseas so having second thoughts. Did you get your Chieftain from an individual seller or a shop?

Dinky: Yes that is a stock Micro Synth (don't know about the innards, but the exterior is normal). I've owned one, looks exactly the same, save the colourful stickers.

fehlupkid: Yes its a dmm mod - a more distinct reverb and of course, the more sought after vintage dmms (1970s). Ahh well, too many delays.. the pedals are only as good as how well you can actually use it though.. Thats what i've realised after going through so many boutique efx.. Right now, i'm just concentrating on what i have to bring out the potential..

Jordan: I got it from my friend who rarely uses it, he bought it from the states way back.. Well, i don't think blackwood gets the Samson era ones though.. Probably all thats left are 2nd hand and quite impossible to find in Singapore.. Definitely staying with me for a long long time.. :)

If you're going for the hardwire, i suggest just getting a boss rv-5.. I got the nova reverb just for some fun with the verb and well, it has offered me a huge variety on what specific reverb settings i actually like.. You should try it as well!

Haha Johnathan, i know you don't mean it! I bet you can't resist tube-like subtle reverbs that just add to the ambients and crisp of your playing!!

Anyways, i just love the warm analog reverbed sounding delays like the vintage dmms!

Not sure if anyone here has the a vintage 1970s dmm though.. Right now, i think probably the rarest dmm i've seen here is a antelope and analogman modded dmm - currently with my friend.. I believe its triple modded with more delay time, no external noise issues etc.. Crazy stuff..

i was quoting gearmandude! :mrgreen:

nah. i use very very very little reverb. its like seasoning on food for me. i prefer the raw taste of my tone.

though i do crank it up alot for van halen stuff though! trying to play van halen without reverb sounds extremely strange

Dinky: I sold mine to Blackwood a while back, perhaps it's still there?

Bob: Hmm I'll keep the RV-5 in mind. Yeah the Matchless-es in Blackwood are brand new if I'm not wrong, definitely not Samson-era ones. Anyway if I get my hands on a Matchless I'd want one with built-in reverb, so I might not even need to buy a pedal for that.

Johnathan: Haha i know what you mean, usually if i dial in an external reverb, i'd set the mix extremely low.. Afterall, all i'm after for a external reverb is a great hall verb.
Btw, i actually dealt with gearmandude before! Haha, great guy.. small world..

Jordan: Yes the matchless reverbs i believe are unique on its own: 3-dimensional! Hard to explain, but you'll know the minute you tweak and hit it in!

hhhahaha naww not small world. u just buy alot from the nice peeps of the usa.. i made my first purchase on tgp a few days ago. hahahah the guy was so nice to ship internationally.

haha there's no H in the jon of my name.

fehlupkid: haha well, i think most of the peeps there already have hbods.. Well, if you're really interested, i'm actually letting mine go!

jonathan: my bad, haha yes people i've worked with on tgp so far have been really great!

Back