Pedalboard Pictures!

mulyadi: so far it's working great for me man. it definitely covers more ground than the crunchbox i was using previously. the great part is it really saturates with little compromise to articulation.

34qodqx.jpg

Hmm. Wonder if the uploading of my picture worked.
Anyways im using:
Artec BIG DOTS tuner, Atrec vintage chorus, Boss Acoustic Simulater(thx Zax, sounds really sexy), Ibanez DE-7 delay/echo, Boss GE-7 Equalizer, Digitech Hot Rod and lastly Artec vintage WAH! K. haha. :-D

I see a tele there?

Thanks drick!

Might just get that once I get rid of a few stuff. (or when I get back to Singapore...)

haha..

the gold boss pedal at the top left is the RT-20, leslie simulation effects etc...It's really good for hendrix stuff etc, and does a great job at filling up sonic spaces in a band setting (think astral chords/arpeggios..) hmmm...

yup2..

as for the wireless...well..I'm still FOR cables, but sometimes, the wireless does help a great deal, to check how the band sounds from a distance during soundchecks and still being able to play together as well...

yeah wireless is really helpful. The AKG one i just picked up is hella big man (Thanks dric btw).. Ive got a samson one and thats going to my other guitarist.. heh.

The wireless units have improved heaps compared to 20 years ago.
But i still have doubts ....you know !?:???:

Maybe i should pick one up for test drive...:cool:

phzz phzz... weee wwe.... you're listeni..zzz.. 98..zz.zz.. fm~....

haha.. no i doubt that will happen as they runs on diff frequency.. even still, i'm also quite skeptical about wireless though they give the best freedom on stage(like as if our stages in Singapore is big to run around)

I don like those wireless units......will rather use long cables than a wireless cos i find those tend to compromise tones....no matter how high quality or bootek those units.

Used one at a gig in TP, while i found i gave me more freedom of movement (like being able to jump off the stage and walk in front of the crowd while doing a solo) i also noticed that my tone was a little thinner, negligibly so but it still bugged me.

And for ppl with a lotsa pedals and need to tap dance, a wireless unit aint also gonna help much anyways. Unless you get your friend to tap dance for you :p

haha. mine seems to be fine (the samson one).. havent gotten the time to try the AKG one. i was watching soccer on the first floor and brought my guit + wireless down. could still hear the sound coming out from my room on the third floor. The range is decent i guess.

You're bound to lose some stuff with a wireless. its a compromise i guess.

About the large pedalboard.... opps.. hahaha.

haha. mine seems to be fine (the samson one).. havent gotten the time to try the AKG one. i was watching soccer on the first floor and brought my guit + wireless down. could still hear the sound coming out from my room on the third floor. The range is decent i guess.

You're bound to lose some stuff with a wireless. its a compromise i guess.

About the large pedalboard.... opps.. hahaha.

with long cable runs, you get signal degradation as well!

As for the tone being thinner, I'd reckon that with the older wireless (not that mine is very new...but bo lui lah..) there's tone sucking to a fair bit.

The only complaint I have is that with certain guitars, the signal does seem a tad brighter with my Nady..but that might just be because more frequencies pass through a wireless...or it's just my brains..and ears..

I've tried the new X2 wireless units, they're amazing stuff.. REally amazing.

Back in Singapore, yeah..my gigs were small; or I play at church/ church outreach events...so cables did more than enough..but now that there's bigger stages or more room..rather..in Melbourne, I'm roaming more freely now! Lol...guess it's a give or take thing!

Cheers
Robin

I tried using the Samson AG1 with my band. As I moved further away (ie. 50m) from the base unit, my band members started complaining that there was a delay effect... all my chops were coming in about half a second too late.

After a few months of use at home, the mini transmitter died.

hey guys sorry to hijack. LOL.
i'm rather new to this pedals thingy..so i'm thinking; what pedals do i need?
i'm influenced by bands like A7x, MCR, Lifehouse..etc etc..
and also, is there any threads or website stating the functions of different types of pedals? (compressors, equalisers etc)..
and omg how much does does ur x2 cost mulyadi?
can specifically tell me the model of ur wireless and where u bought it?

Last edited:
hey guys sorry to hijack. LOL.
i'm rather new to this pedals thingy..so i'm thinking; what pedals do i need?
i'm influenced by bands like A7x, MCR, Lifehouse..etc etc..
and also, is there any threads or website stating the functions of different types of pedals? (compressors, equalisers etc)..
and omg how much does does ur x2 cost mulyadi?
can specifically tell me the model of ur wireless and where u bought it?

haha, hey, just start a new thread under gear-guitars, this thread is for pictures mainly:) faster build ur pedalboard then post ur picture here.. :D

I tried using the Samson AG1 with my band. As I moved further away (ie. 50m) from the base unit, my band members started complaining that there was a delay effect... all my chops were coming in about half a second too late.

After a few months of use at home, the mini transmitter died.

That one then is to be avoided!

Recently someone was selling the Shure PGX. That one is based off the microphone receivers so I would imagine it isnt too bad.

with long cable runs, you get signal degradation as well!

As for the tone being thinner, I'd reckon that with the older wireless (not that mine is very new...but bo lui lah..) there's tone sucking to a fair bit.

The only complaint I have is that with certain guitars, the signal does seem a tad brighter with my Nady..but that might just be because more frequencies pass through a wireless...or it's just my brains..and ears..

I've tried the new X2 wireless units, they're amazing stuff.. REally amazing.

Back in Singapore, yeah..my gigs were small; or I play at church/ church outreach events...so cables did more than enough..but now that there's bigger stages or more room..rather..in Melbourne, I'm roaming more freely now! Lol...guess it's a give or take thing!

Cheers
Robin

well btw how much does ur wireless cost? and the exact model? thnx! =P

i just read and realised that X2 wireless got taken over.bought over by line 6.

does that mean city music would have them in stock?

x2 used to be so hard to find but now line 6 has taken over,i wonder whether it would be easier to find them.

would the quality of x2 be compromise since its been taken over?

haha, im finding the AKG pretty dang big. Id love the X2, but we dont have it here and it runs on 9Vs(EXPENSIVE)

Back