Pedalboard Pictures!

ciel21 said:
wats the toneworks pedal in the corner?

ooo boss keyboard volume?

It's a korg od105.

As ShredCow says, it's very warm. I actually like the crunchy sound, and it does have a fuller tone than the TS9.

ShredCow said:
Juno, you need proper patch cables! :)

thats the old korg distortion/od pedal aye? One of my students have that... very warm, middy but compressed tones coming from it. I think in your a/b with your modded TS, you might find the Korg having a thicker/fuller kind of tone?

Yar... need some decent patch leads... I'm told that GeorgeLs are the best, but I can't buy them for $1 each...

I'm also thinking of keeping both the TS and the Korg in my board... if I can find space...

I like the TS into the Rat, and I like the Korg on its own. Seems like an expensive way of getting a clean boost for the Rat...

But the TS is pretty cool. I haven't actually tried the TS and the Korg together. Maybe TS into Korg... or Korg into TS...

jono: you can consider MrMisse custom angled cables, Neutrik heads and Canare cables. I have had a fairly good experience with these cables.

The caveat like most people have mentioned - the heads are rather big.

* Mistake, it's Neutrik, not Klotz.

thor666 said:
jono: you can consider MrMisse custom angled cables, Klotz heads and Canare cables. I have had a fairly good experience with these cables.

The caveat like most people have mentioned - the heads are rather big.

yeah i have a few of those Klotz angled heads.. huge. hoping to score some of those George L patch cables from G77 soon

jono007 said:
I like the TS into the Rat, and I like the Korg on its own. Seems like an expensive way of getting a clean boost for the Rat...

Believe me, you ain't quite near "expensive"... yet. We bid you to come to the dark side. Have you heard of the Xotic RC Booster?

That Korg has 2 channels and a digital save function aye? Its pretty nifty... good for the sustain thing. RATs are nice.. I had a 14 year old Vintage RAT before... should have kept it but some guy offered $140 for it. So you better keep yours! :wink:

and I have a Hot Cake coming... so either way, I've got something to boost the Rat...

I know the cables are messy... but are the Misse cables cut to length? My problem is that the Rat has the jacks at the top, as does the Korg, so I dunno... maybe I'll head down to Guit 77 next week when the GeorgeLs are in.

What;s the price diff between George L and Mr Misse?

ShredCow said:
jono007 said:

Believe me, you ain't quite near "expensive"... yet. We bid you to come to the dark side. Have you heard of the Xotic RC Booster?

That Korg has 2 channels and a digital save function aye? Its pretty nifty... good for the sustain thing. RATs are nice.. I had a 14 year old Vintage RAT before... should have kept it but some guy offered $140 for it. So you better keep yours! :wink:

Actually, I have heard of it. One is for sale on eBay for US$100 - prob sell around US$150.

Yep, the Korg has 2 channels. It's actually really useful for ... clean boost... I program the channel to the sound I like, then I copy it to the other channel and add the boost.

I like the Rat too... I'm actually planning on sending it across to keeley to get it modded. The filter knob is almost unusable except between 8o'clock and 10 o'clock. Everything else sounds muddy or tinny.

Any experience with modded Rats?

MrMisse has become a brand name on these forums haha :D

Bring your board to him, buy him Kopi, a giant cheesecake and a beer. Then he'll wire your whole pedalboard up to custom cut lengths according to the placement of your pedals. Or you can just pay him.

jono007 said:
I like the Rat too... I'm actually planning on sending it across to keeley to get it modded. The filter knob is almost unusable except between 8o'clock and 10 o'clock. Everything else sounds muddy or tinny.

Any experience with modded Rats?

RATs are similiar to DS-1s... sweet spot of tone is really a sweet spot. :) You should check with Randolf. For 1 thing, its really just 1 knob, don't expect awesome tweaky-ness from it, unless that knob affects something other than EQ... like drive character as in the Skreddy Screwdriver.

so around $150US is even a bit on the high side.

Mr Misse has really good prices... his Crowther HotCake is probably cheapest outside NZ...

clarencey said:
hi ben,

how's your toadwork's pedal tone?

Hi Clarence,

the tweed mode is fantastic for the slightly overdriven Fender Deluxe kinda sound, like Keith Richard's rhythm tone. Killer with single coils. cuts like a knife.

the plexi side is rather like a RAT, but a bit more honky. it's fatter but not as punchy. i don't really like this for rhythm, its more for creamy leads. i use it with the tone knob maxed out and still wish for more high mids to cut tru better.

the boost is not a true clean boost, it is more like a fat boost. it is placed before the 2 drive modes, which is a pity, as when it is used in conjunction with the drive modes it doesnt not really cut it as a solo boost, just fattens things up. however it makes a killer fat boost after other drive pedals, which is what i use it for.

this is the 2nd generation death rattle, there is a newer 3rd gen one that is available now.. so it should have been updated.

i got this pedal as a birthday present 2 weeks ago from my sweetheart, so i ain't complaining 8)

hope this helps.

jono007 said:
Yar... need some decent patch leads... I'm told that GeorgeLs are the best, but I can't buy them for $1 each...

i think george l's are definitely worth it..about half of my obnoxiously complex board (it's a few pages back on this thread) is wired up with a couple of the effects cable kits. the other half is set up with those neutrik head patch cables from luther. it -is- expensive though, but once you get past 6 or 7 pedals, i think that the cables make a big enough difference that it's worth it. i always found that the davis/sweelee/whatever cables sucked my high end and muddied up the sound alot, and i don't seem to have that problem with the george l's/luther cables.

just gt backfrom mrmisse palce for some new cables. Finally wired up tp my liking.

pedalboard.jpg

bypass box on load from blueark hehehehe.

Left space on the right for future wah expansion.

Back