Pedalboard Pictures!

That one knob pedal in SanXP's board is a Demeter mid boost.

Suckasucks, eh, all tuners tune to 440hz - not the Petersons. The good thing about the peterson is its ACCURACY.

Btw, I played with a violinist who carefully tuned her violin to 438hz unwittingly. It was actually quite obvious, a 440hz tuned guitar and a 438hz violin.

i dont think most audiences will think you're tuning is less accurate with any other tuner though.. and besides, petersons cost a BOMB. even john mayer uses a TU-2. and.... 2hz makes a big diff?? haha never really knew that.

2hz does make a big difference...

Some orchestra tunes all its instruments to A = 441hz, there is a difference...
I've played with an orchestra before, the conductor will ask us to play an A = 440hz, then an A = 441hz, he'll then choose either one that suits the environment of playing... Never knew why, but the difference is quite obvious to us...

played wif some musicians who hv perfect pitch n most of em r playin for orchestra or classically-trained since young...n yepp i got to say they r a bit fussy on accuracy of tunings...not that its bad to hv perfect pitch or perfectly-tuned instrument, but sometimes it bugs me when in e middle of e song or performance n they go somethin like 'eh ur D note is 0.25% flat/sharp'...hehhe...but when i check it on a tuner its still a D note wif not that obvious of sharp/flatness...agreed that 2hz does make a big diff though...but in my opinion, for a guitarist sometimes its that 'bit flat or sharp' bent-notes that makes it unique n sounds great especially during e solos...somethin like mayb jeff beck or marty friedman etc...hehehe \m/

dude seroiusly ...i cant hear the guitar on his songs !! :evil:

gimme one good guitar band nowadays and please dont tell me *snow patrol* :roll:

John Mayall is great. Had good fortune to watch him live at DBS Auditorium many years back. Guitarist then was Coco Montoya. He's got a knack for using killer guitar players. Eric Clapton was one of them. That was one of my favourite album too, the "Beano" cover.

John Mayall is not much of a guitarist lah. More of a blues singer and plays a MEAN harmonica.

Goose ah, the even songs on Try! album cannot hear the guit?

:oops:

Mayer is good, don't think anyone said John Mayall isn't =)

heh heh.... maybe the John MAYALL fans are just pissed that John MAYER is getting all the attention while John MAYALL had been at it for YEARS before most of us were even born. :lol:

IMHO, John Mayer's music doesn't do much for me. Thats just me and I still rove Modern Talking.

true la, some amazing musicians just don't get enough credit. Mayer gets way lots more attention than some la..it's the whole package I guess. Looks, marketing, ability, songs..

I'll go listen to some Mayall =)

damn! i thought my post would inspire you to check out Modern Talking!!!

bradaaaah looweee looweee looooweeeee!

i dont think most audiences will think you're tuning is less accurate with any other tuner though.. and besides, petersons cost a BOMB. even john mayer uses a TU-2. and.... 2hz makes a big diff?? haha never really knew that.

I can name some other famous guitarists who use the Peterson and slam your tu-2. Please, when has it been what others use matter?

Again, you got it wrong. The 2hz isn't anything to do with tuning accuracy. Set whatever tuner you have to 438hz or 442hz, the tune up - tell me it doesn't bother you.

The petersons are never a necessity. You can afford one or you can hear the difference - go ahead and get it. Else, just make sure you got a -+1 cent accurate tuner at least, like a Boss TU12, that will do fine.

Can you turn your tuning peg 0.1cents?

I can't, especially not on stage.

Ark bro, why u think i got a floyd? For whammy? Nay! The fine tuners! ;)

Hehehe.

Either way, the trick on the Peterson isn't to tune to 100% - we probably can't unless you got fine tuners. Just tune close to whatever the peterson reads - you will be more than adequetly in tune.

Infidels!! 8O I used to scoff at John Mayer until my friend made me sit down and listen to his playing properly...Check out his Hendrix renditions man!I don't care about his other bubblegum stuff but when this dude plays the blues, he really brings it lah!And this is coming from a Blues-Addict-semi-purist-hendrix-is-the-only-number-1-geek like me!John Mayer is truly an all-rounded musician.He can sing (LIKE HIMSELF)and play superbly (not your simple 4 chord -2 finger riffing ah, im talking about groovy fills whilst singing)...how many musicians can do that man?(Ya before you start telling me who can and who can't , my point is that theres not many)

Seriously, check out his Live performances for Axis Bold as Love(why don't you guys try to play and sing this song at the same time?And to be able to sing in time with emotion and also play with so much feeling?), Wind Cries Mary, Wait Till tomolo, he is bringing back the guitar to the mainstream.read Mainstream.Isnt that what music is all about?A message for everyone? Not only limited to pre pubecent nerds stuck in their bedroom debating between themselves on how fast or how technically astute a guitarist is? :D- Music is for the masses!!!

Flame me la!!!!!!!!!!

John Mayall?My band covers some of his songs, and his songs are classic staples to all you wanabe Blues maestros out there...I am in no position to comment about him as I have alot of respect for him.

(I edited the above not because I have no conviction, but because I felt the original post was not flammable enough)

Is he really bringing the guitar back into the mainstream? I don't think so leh... Radio still got Riahana's Umbrella song, and loads of RnB stuff...

Did Mayer's original fans, those who like his pop hits, flow with his blues stuff? I'm curious if they did...

Latest posts

Back