Pedalboard Pictures!

fgl said:
fuuh class work man - will ctc the dudde next week ... 8)

HOWEVER ... the stuff in DAT forum ...better left unsaid....

Nothing like good old soft forum..

Now stick this forum threads.

Yo folks,

my humble Boss BCB-6, with Keeley Custom Looper with self-customed patch wiring.

s3j290.jpg

ah... that reminds me of my old BCB-6G which i sold after getting my first non-Boss pedal :)

Seeing as your BCB-6 is full already, guess you'll be looking for a bigger pedal case soon... GAS never ends. heh

E: yup, i remember seeing your bcb previously, flanking your mini-stack. no GAS la. even if i wanna GAS, it will be my skill.

Kank: Its a PSM-5 power supply & looper. with this setup, i get 3 settings.

Amp (clean/driven)->PSM-5->Main Loop (AW-2, Keeley-loop, CE-5, DD-3) ->Guitar

Keeley-loop (MT-2, GE-7)

one more pics here, for fun sake.. :smt047

s3mudl.jpg

Never knew Boss made a power supply in a stompbox. BTW Nice setups but no overdrive or boost? Or do you use the GE7 for that purpose.

you are right dude.

i did seek MrE advice on boosting the sound further, like placing another GE7 b4 the MT2. mayb i can use an overdrive instead? wat do u think? :roll:

I used to jam with the MT2 but an overdrive pedal (tried a TS9 and BD2) in front of it (between the guitar and MT2) doesn't seem to help much with the tone. Maybe it's because of the buzziness of the MT2. I've tried to place the overdrive after the MT2 but it just alters the tone entirely.

So i ended up getting a GT2 and the BD2, which is placed before it, although not a boost, does add a bit of gritty excitment to the sometimes flat tubey distortion of the GT2.

But that's my opinion, the best way to find out is to try and experiment it yourself. I have pretty wierd tastes for tones at times. ;)

For me, I use a RAT2 as my main overdrive and MT2 as a boost/solo (my distortion knob usually around 12 o'clock or less). It changes the tone almost completely (in a good way to me), so I can do smooth/long sustain solos pretty easily. This way, I can have my light twangy overdriven sound to choose from or heavy chugging distortion.

Ripper said:
you are right dude.

i did seek MrE advice on boosting the sound further, like placing another GE7 b4 the MT2. mayb i can use an overdrive instead? wat do u think? :roll:

hey elias n kank,

thanx for all the recomendation. i just don understand why we must always "boost" our MT2 pedal. another dist to push a dist? my GE7 is to shape my dist sound anyway. maybe its time Boss do something to the MT2 - Get rid of the hissing/noise, beef up the distortion function!

another way - work real hard, get more money, buy a Keeley MT2. End of question.

elias - does your rat2 do the above? if yes, I may consider gettin one. if not, may as well trade away the MT-2, and buy one mod MT-2 :smt102

Ripper, consider Randolf. He can mod your mt2 to soudn much sweeter and yes, NO FIZZ. :)

In anycase, do note, 2 types of boosting...

1 is a volume boost (A)

1 is an extra gain stage boost (B)

As in... (A) you really just boost the volume.. (B) its like you running a dirt pedal into another dirt pedal to get more dirt!

Strange, why do you put your mt2 & GE7 in the looper? Its a weird chain...

shred:

oic.. guess its more dirt I want!!

ok, the GE7 n MT2 are in the loop becos at one point I can play clean rhythm with chorus plus delay, and when I happy, can funk a bit with the wah. :supz: Then when the mood comes, activate the loop for some good thrashing :rock: you got recommend?

u tried randolf mt2? shiok? read the review though..

After reading your loop desc, I realised your GE7 is NOT for boosting at all. Its just tone shaping.

You have no booster...

Seriously, I don't see a need to boost the MT2. It got truckloads of gain. One problem of the mt2 is that it sounds good when you are playing alone, it craps out TOTALLY when playing in a band or mixing down.. it can't cut.

I have not tried the modded MT2 but Randolf is an honest man, he doesn't do stuff that would sound like crap. ;) contact him, you can prob drop by his place and try out all the pedals he has.

thats golden words shred..

booster i dont have, really. since i dont perform much n play more in the bedrm, guess i don really need a booster.

when the times come, will contact randolf la. contact mal tan for my js6 too. :roll:

That's quite similar to my setup...I have a channel for clean sounds and another for distortion (which I chained my RAT2 and MT2 together) :p I think the main difference is that you're using MT2 as your main distortion and you wanna boost more gain...while for me, I'm using RAT2 as my main 'distortion' and using MT2 as a boost for solos (in terms of adding gain and volume at the same time). I believe if you're looking for a gain boost, maybe you wanna go for another overdrive pedal instead of using GE7? This way, you can control how much extra gain you wanna add...also, there's volume control for the overdrive which can add as a volume boost at the same time (if you want it that way). For me, I only add a bit of gain and volume increase from MT2 to my RAT2 for solo boosts during live performances. I use the eq from the MT2 to shape my tone for the solos.

Yeah, I heard about Randolf's cool mods to the RAT2 and MT2 too...maybe you wanna check them out ;)

Ripper said:
shred:

oic.. guess its more dirt I want!!

ok, the GE7 n MT2 are in the loop becos at one point I can play clean rhythm with chorus plus delay, and when I happy, can funk a bit with the wah. :supz: Then when the mood comes, activate the loop for some good thrashing :rock: you got recommend?

u tried randolf mt2? shiok? read the review though..

yo elias, think we kinda have some similarity in our setup :smt023

say if i wanna keep my setup simple with my boss case, what should i do to the pedals inside? i add a od-3 after the MT2, or OD-3 after MT2+GE7?

i love simple setup that gives great sound. less mayb more. too much effects = blur = bloke

snuffleupagus said:
rig.jpg

I swapped by GT2 with a newly purchased Double Drive.

Guitar ->>> Jim Dunlop Wah ->>>>Ernie ball volume( i use it to control gain)->>>>>Tech 21 Double Drive->>>>Digitech Bad monkey->>>>>Boss Eq 20->>>>>Me-50(with proel switch for tone modify option)->>>>Ac-2->>>>Amp

Pedal Board bought from the ever friendly Mr Misse, patch cables from him too.

Time to update my pedal board picture.

Sorry Ian.

Hahahah

Photo_0005.jpg

Photo_0006.jpg

Guitar >>Jim dunlop Wah >> BB preamp >> Vintage Rat >> Double Drive >>Bad Monkey >>EQ 20 >>ME 50 >> AC2

Alas, my identity is revealed

Cheers,

Zorro :wink: [/img]

Back