Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

nope..me don't think so..nani's place is probably being taken over by the new Serb youngster..

although i am a hardcore Red Devil..i do not like that no.7 fella at all...he is a mercenary..nuff said...what a disgrace for being no.7 in a Utd shirt...imho

you look at the past no.7s...Robbo,King Eric and Becks...all wore that no. 7 with pride and honor..yup..you may argue that Becks went to Real but it was a matter of being pushed out by Sir Alex for not toeing the line...it's a matter of the gaffer at work vs the gaffer at home (his posh spice)..

for his portugese peacock...i really really have a personal disliking for him...

Ronaldo is not loyal to Man Utd. He is the last name I want on my United jersey. Keep thinking of his "dream" move to Real Madrid. I'm getting tired of his never ending on-off move speculations. I rather United get Ribery.

for nani there is that serbian who is already in the squad.. zoran tosic.. he's just not match fit i guess..

Yeah, Tosic scored for us last night..we won 1-0...yes, but i'm thinking that fergie knows it will take some time before Tosic is ready to play & take on the big boys on the field...so in the meantime, he's getting ribery...that's just in my opinion lah...

so RYAN, what do you predict the score will be tonight at JJB?

as much as i'm looking forward to ribbery's arrival, i fear that man utd might have problems scoring goals with the departure of ronaldo and tevez

I used not to like ribery, cuz i felt he was overated when being mentioned as the next zidane. However, of late he really improved alot and his play is classy. Ronaldo is very good but he is more of a explosive player which over the yrs age will make u lose the sharpness. But with ribery, its like he still has alot of potential to improve, and the only thing thats missing is the right coach.

Man Utd will be a great place for him, and hopefully he walks in the same cult status as the other french man

DUDELOVE - hey, what do you make of Utd bidding in for Ribery?

ribery is good. i like his style alot. like the previous posts, ronaldo is a mercenary. a very good one though.

if rooney and berbatov score freely like ronaldo or van nistlerooy or like thierry henry at his prime, then i'd very much like a more loyal player than ronaldo.

if i had my way, i'd pick lionel messi.

DUDELOVE : Heya....Yeah I'd pick Messi too...plus he's still sooo young! Only 21! So can you just imagine how good he's going to be when he's in his prime at say aged 27 or 28? I'm also sad coz Van Der Sar is not young anymore. We'll need to find a new keeper coz I really think Utd, just like me, have not that much faith in our 2nd choice keeper...I'd love to get Lehmann...actually, how nice it would be if we could turn back the hands of time & keep Peter Schumi through all our seasons!! He was the best to me lah! Roy Carroll was a disaster. Massimo Taibi was a catastrophe!! Fabian Barthez was a mistake. Howard was mistake number 2.

lovehurts: but ben foster good what. just a little nervy sometimes but he has that potential. can't say much bout kuszczak, i personally don't really like him.

Foster is the best to succeed VDS only down side is that he is injury prone.Gets injured too easily.

In actual fact i dont think bidding for a talent for the already fierce attack of United is a need right now.They should get someone more stable to play a role in the defence.I cant see Ferdinand having the ability to play games week in week out with his back problem.

Evans is good and young,yes.But he gives some uncertainty to the defence.Remember Porto at OT?We need another LB cause i dont think there's a quality back-up for Patrice Evra.

If Ribery comes to OT and Ronny goes to Madrid then Fergie should give Ribery the no.7 while Nike should make a collared jersey for next season so Ribery can look like King Eric on the pitch.

I think Cantona will be the first few to congratulate his fellow frenchman on the move if it does happen.

Fashion disaster?

Rumoured new jerseys. Start the discussion !

Home

2009manchesterunitedhome.jpg

Away
manchester-united-09-10-away-nike-shirt.jpg

In honour of a player who helped them win their first major trophy, Manchester United will play in remake of the historic kit from 1909 next 09/10 season.

Players from United will wear home shirts, which feature a large white V-shape sash down the front.

The kit is based upon a 100-year-old design supplied by one of the club's own players, Billy Meredith, before the 1909 FA Cup Final. (As a sideline Meredith ran a sports shop and became the club's kit supplier. For the Wembley final with Bristol City, both sides had to change from their usual red shirts.)

Billy Meredith's trademark was a toothpick he chewed while playing; he believed it assisted his concentration. He originally used chewing tobacco, however the cleaners refused to wash the spit off his shirts!

United's kit manufacturer Nike have been asked to rework Meredith's shirt - using high-tech materials rather than heavyweight cotton and with a white sash on a red shirt instead of 1909's red-on-white.

Last edited:
Back