Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

I think its gonna be a tough game for United. Everton is cup hungry. The FA Cup is the only chance that they can win a cup. But, I still see United going to the Final. Come on, United!!! :twisted::twisted::twisted:

what the hell was berbatov thinking?!

i kinda was mentally-prepared for the loss. last night i dreamt that it was an all-blue fa cup final. it came true, sh!t.

it was realli a boring match... but man u field their sub players... actually everton was giving man u alot of space to push up front.. lettg man u play ball ard... but... i tink given the subs.. they didnt know how to penerate... oh man... i was shock when i saw fie taking penatly... and vdic as well!!.. and... welbeck cant play!! oh my tian

but the defence frm man u was not bad... rafel was cool!!

AND... THERE SHLD BE A PENALTY awarded... oh my gosh

Last edited:
The starting line up was interesting and got a chance to see the youngsters in action. They did well. But wth happened with the penalty line up? I think its pretty obvious they were willing to sacrifice the fa cup for the league n cl. I mean with tevez scholes in the team, why did the 2 centre backs take the kicks? Will Fergie field those penalty takers if it was the cl finals???

Think they disappointed the fans

lets face it - manu now only concerned about acing ARSENAL in CL semis .... this will be the true judge of character for both our teams ...

fa cup has become like league cup - 2nd rate competition liao

True abt the fa cup being 2nd class alr. In the past there was still the prestige there, now its just unnecessary fixtures

fa cup has become like league cup - 2nd rate competition liao

HAHA. funny thing here is that man utd won the league cup already. lol

and i very much agree that the penalty shootout lineup is very much intriguing. if i play FM, my defenders don't take the penalties man.

The starting line shocked me.Watching Welbeck and Macheda play was really frustrating.Welbeck cant even get a meal out of a good chance.Macheda was followed tightly hence putting him out of the game for a good part of the game.

Berbatov's kick was horrible.Too casual and had no purpose when he came up to take it.Foster was lucky in 2 occasions.

Although Man Utd lost on penalties, I am proud of the Man Utd kids. They didn't play fantastically well, but considering most of their ages, they held Everton's first team (excluding Arteta) to a draw. And most of the better chances were from Man Utd.

The future looks bright. :D

funny it's always the losers who say the Cup is a 2nd rate competition.
But before being dumped out, they were so up for it!!
Just a general observation.

i wouldn't say that man u treats the fa cup like a 2nd-rate competition. fergie HAD to do something about the lineup or else his senior players would be too fatigued considering the upcoming schedules.

that said, i enjoyed watching the kids play. welbeck impressed me although he didn't take chances very well. the passing upfront was more exciting than what i've seen from the senior team in recent matches! it was a good, closely fought game and i can just say we were unlucky to bow out on penalties.

ferdinand should not have taken the penalty. and berbatov's was pathetic. i was actually hoping that fergie would select players who hadn't played with howard before, because howard knows united inside out aye.

Latest posts

Back