Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

It's like giving this season title to the team that lost less games instead of the team that wins more points!

I don't get what you're saying.

Taken from Soccernet:

Man Utd: Played 33, Won 24, Draw 5, Loss 4
Liverpool: Played 34, Won 21, Draw 11, Loss 2

Man Utd actually won 3 more games having played 1 game less, and actually lost more games than Liverpool. So the title should be given to the team that won more or lost less?

Edit: or is this just an analogy for Giggs winning the PFA? Then that will be the question of the criteria for winning the award. Just purely by how many goals scored? or how many games a player single handedly won for his club? or how did a player adapt to the modern game by reinventing himself (in the case for Giggs)?

Well since this is an award voted by fellow players in the BPL I don't think the results can be doubted.

Last edited:
Losing less games not winning more games like F1 next season.

The trophy is for Player of the year and not player of the decade. If it was for player of the decade than giggs will have to fight it out with scholes and I would not have any qualm about that.

There are other players that deserve to win the trophy this season, even a couple of his manures teammates should be ahead of him, but it seems they give it to him cos of sentimental crappy reason :cry:.

Well, i agree that sentimentality won it for Giggs.
Gerrard, Torres, Lampard & Rooney have had a much better season than him.
They should have created a special award for him instead of depriving the other hot players of their chance.

argh.. just 1-0..

what a disappointment considering man u's performance. especially during the first half. credit must be given to almunia. arsenal, you guys are still in this thanks to mighty fine keeping.

1-nil, could have been more but,

VIVA LA RED DEVILS!:mrgreen:

and, personally i think arsenal played well especially almunia and kieran gibbs in the first half.

plus i hope ferdinand doesn't suffer another long lay-off.

Stop whinning about Ryan Giggs winning the accolade just because your favourite player from your favourite team didnt win it.

Just look at the nominees for the prize.Obviously its gonna come to OT anyway.So just shut up and move on.There's still another million more years for other great players to win it.

Those criticising Giggs, imagine having to turn from someone who used to play EXACTLY the way Cristiano Ronaldo plays, to the way Giggs has played this season. It isn't that easy for a player to reinvent his entire playing style, let alone doing it so successfully. Plus this is a PFA Award, meaning other players voted him.

Sentimental reasons? So be it then, it was still voted by the majority of FELLOW players. Who are we to judge?

He's reinvent himself.
He's been a good servant to the club.
It's sentimental vote.
bla bla bla bla.

That's what people tends to add when they try to justify why giggs deserve the pfa trophy instead of "he's been excellent this season. scoring 30+ goals. he certainly deserve it ahead of the others. brilliant season he had." cos we all know, 12 games 1 goal and pfa award?! No wonder ronaldo looks sulkier nowadays :mrgreen:!

He is the most decorated footballer in history.I really think he can do without the PFA award cause he already has such a bulging cabinet.

Well sentimental or whatever he is still the greatest with or without the award.Not even the Gerrards or Lampards or Fabregas can do what he's done in a long mile.

I believe he truly deserves the award.Not even Ronny can beat him.

Geeezz you sound like a fangirl of those boyband group!

Relax no one say bad thing about giggs. Everyone agrees that he has done alot for his club and country that no one can touch him. Won't be surprise if the Queen decide to knight him. Afterall many manures ex-players are knighted! :rolleyes:

If you think that he deserve the PFA award this season even though he only start 12 games and score 1 goal, well you are not alone!! Majority of footballers in England share the same view as yours that's why giggs are the winner of this season PFA.

Ofcos it doesn't mean that everyone have to agree with it afterall PFA is to be awarded to the best player/player that score more goals in a season ... well that was before this season winner was announce.

The fact that a player (not taking into account his past achievements) who start 12 games and score 1 goal are the winner of this season PFA award are just ... :rolleyes:.

Geeezz you sound like a fangirl of those boyband group!
Well at least i wont be a wussy cause United is gonna lift the title and match Liverpile's record.

All in all we all can say that United players are the best regardless the performance they have shown.

Eh I think I can play the game as well.
FGL always tekan LFC but it's OK cos this is what's its all about.
You tekan other club they tekan yours but if you can't take it than you shouldn't tekan and keep to yourself.

It's part and parcel of supporting your club and "hating" the opposition. :twisted:

Latest posts

Back