Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

Although Man Utd lost on penalties, I am proud of the Man Utd kids. They didn't play fantastically well, but considering most of their ages, they held Everton's first team (excluding Arteta) to a draw. And most of the better chances were from Man Utd.

The future looks bright. :D

i very much agree with you here. fabio and rafael played together, though fabio limped out. lol

but i just gotta say that foster looks very shaky. but in my opinion still much better than kuszczak.

Ronaldo shld just go home to his mommy n cry like a baby!!! Its one thing to be the best player in the world, but then again its extremely degrading n shameful for one to behave like that.

Rooney was v hardworking and thats gd, now he need to work on his finishing n 1 on 1 to be more clinical like RVN

Ronaldo just needs to wake up to see that he isnt the best player in the world with such performances and neither will his arrogance help him.

Ando and Fletch were the best players against Pompey and I hope to see them start against Spurs.Having not seen Tevez and Berba feature in the midweek game,seeing Rooney on the bench tonight might be on the cards.Well just things to make sure United freshen up.

Not to forget we need Rooney next week against Arsenal.So seeing him on the bench might be an advantage for the CL.

The Best performance of Man united thus far in the 2nd half.

Rooney and ronaldo as wingers with berbatov and tevez as strikers which i think is the best formation.

What an amazing comeback! A repeat of 2001 when United came back from 3-0 at White Hart Lane to win 5-3. They made my day,

Brilliantly sick second-half performance. It was the Man Utd I once knew.

Fantastic result, especially with the UCL semi-final first leg against Arsenal next week.

an amazing comeback indeed. i was about to write them off when a penalty (which didn't really look like one) came our way.
just simply amazing....

beware asernal!:twisted:

why the hell isnt rooney on the PFA awards nominees!?!??!

thats ridiculous.. his performance today was out of this world. amazing. if he and the whole team plays like the second half, i reckon man u to win arsenal by 5 goals to nil.

Rooney playing on the wing is way better than any of the other Man Utd players (exception of Ronaldo etc) and Nani is simply ineffective.

I'm disappointed with Tevez as well, he definitely does not contribute as much as Berbatov does, just that he makes up for that with work rate. His first touch is way worse. I don't know how many of you share my view though.

Hoping that Anderson prove to be more consistent than his current drop-in-concentration-towards-end-of-match and eventually replace Scholes in the AM position. Fletcher, though very much improved, just doesn't make the cut.

That said, 2nd half performance was brilliant :D

Losaris I don't agree with you on Tevez/Berbatov. Tevez may not be as technically gifted as Berbatov but he is by no means someone as skill-denied as say, Fletcher. And his work rate is amazing, without him Manchester United would MOST DEFINITELY not won this game the way they did, if win at all. Even Ferguson himself said that during the post match interview.

I thought Fletcher was the worst player on the field today, with Nani close behind for 2nd worst.

But felt damn SHIOK when Manu scored the equaliser and the third goal. Gotta love the red devils!

IMO in overall performance Tevez is better den Berbatov, he is always consistently chasing for the ball every game. Tevez drops off to collect the ball and holds possesion while the wingers attack, while Berbatov only does link up plays when he is switched on, when he is switched off he dissapears off in the game usually and how many times have we seen him miss clear cut chances. However both players are excellent when they are on form.

^ I agree. Tevez is hardworking. Always chasing lost causes. I strongly believe he made the difference in this morning's match, bringing more energy to the side.

IMO in overall performance Tevez is better den Berbatov, he is always consistently chasing for the ball every game. Tevez drops off to collect the ball and holds possesion while the wingers attack, while Berbatov only does link up plays when he is switched on, when he is switched off he dissapears off in the game usually and how many times have we seen him miss clear cut chances. However both players are excellent when they are on form.

I don't see how consistently chasing for every ball = better performance. Berbatov has always been dropping off to hold possesion as well, but comparing both players doing that, Berbatov definitely produces more than Tevez in terms of creating chances and initiating attacks.

One thing about Berba is that when the ball goes to him he controls it damn well, and you seldom see him holding it for too long and losing possession. Distributes well too. However Tevez, his first touch usually lets him down, if not, he'll just run with the ball and lose possession. Yesterday's match saw Berba holding the ball at times but there's no one to even support him up collect the ball when he's under pressure. Fletch was just running all over trying to chase everything down, which in the end resulted in off positioning and an empty midfield other than Carrick. You don't see that with Scholes or Anderson in midfield.

How many times have we seen Berbatov spraying crazy passes to initiate attacks? Many times, and even if it were to be only when he's switched on, definitely still far more than Tevez in terms of productivity on the ball.

We see him 'switched off' because he is stranded alone up front. Man Utd bought him as an out and out striker. But he is starved of the ball when he does that, so nowadays he drops of to help as well. Did anyone say Ronaldo 'switched off' against Porto when he played up front alone and didn't track back at all? He was practically non-existent other than the wonder goal and possibly a few meaningless runs.

Oh don't talk about missing clear cut chances. Tevez is guilty of it as well. I felt that the introduction of Tevez was overated, just because Nani whom he replaced was... quite rubbish.

Oh wells just my personal opinion, no offence to anyone here, fellow Man Utd fans. Lets see how they play Arsenal on tuesday!

congrats manurites ..

I believe this hud seal the blp for U

see U guys in CL semis midweek ...

What an amazing comeback! A repeat of 2001 when United came back from 3-0 at White Hart Lane to win 5-3. They made my day,

my exact thoughts.

On Berbatov/Tevez topic,

1. Work rate doesn't equat to better performance. though, tevez's running around did cause the spurs players to gabra, which helped ah.

2. I thought the match was berba's best performance (which i've seen) in a ManUtd shirt. He ran! and his linking-up play was superb.

3. i still prefer tevez over berba. but berba is still slowly warming up to his best, imo.

ryan giggs is PFA's player or the year!!

i'm very very surprised. i thought gerrard or vidic would win it for sure.

Yeah. Gerrard and Vidic still have the next season and next next season and next next next season................errrrr u got my point. Giggs, for such a talented and celebrated professional, hasn't won it even once in his career. I guess it was more of sentiment, to complete his trophy cupboard. I think he deserves it, not for his performances this season, but for his hard work and attitude throughout his career.

ryan giggs is PFA's player or the year!!

i'm very very surprised. i thought gerrard or vidic would win it for sure.

You should have read the review in the newpaper when they featured Gerrard.It was rubbish and biased in the eyes of a neutral.

Giggs deserved it.Well take the award as PFA's player of the century.

I expect nothing less from a manures fans :rolleyes:.
Let's face it Giggs should have won the trophy a couple of years ago but this season .. hell no!!

There are other quality players in BPL than can kick his arse this season but they gave it to him cos not for his performance this season but for his performance for the pass 10 years or so.

It's like giving this season title to the team that lost less games instead of the team that wins more points!

Latest posts

Back