Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

well after the first half, i'd have to say it's gonna be a man utd win.
2-0 is my bet. my instincts tell me its gonna be another ronaldo goal.

A very close game. Rio Ferdinand has sure tightened the defence for man united. He was what man united was missing.

Arsenal sure has a hectic schedule with the big 4.

Last edited:
thank goodness porto didnt dominate and attack during the last 10mins or so. that would have been gut wrenching...

cant get anymore dynamic than anderson.. i was disappointed he got subbed. i thought he was superb.

glad to have rio back. he seems to have this calming aura when he plays. yay for our first clean sheet in games

i think vds had a gd game. Altho he did not really had to perform extremely well to save our ass, but i felt he was v sharp n v involve and was taking charge. Much better than he last few games

That was a great goal by ronnie. evra abit suay, kana blood n still yellow carded.

missed this clash. alarm was on silent mode... but saw the replay of Ronaldo's SUBLIME goal...
prostern.gif

I was a good game.They could have killed the game with a few half chances.But its this kind of performance that brings back the confidence along with the returns of various players.

United still look vulnerable in defence with O'shea playing as full back.

United still look vulnerable in defence with O'shea playing as full back.

Vulnerable to SAY THE LEAST! I think Rafael brings so much more assurance. I am an avid hater of O'Shea, even though I remember many years back when he was very young he was touted as a potential star defender, which I agreed to then.

I say he is an extremely weak link in an otherwise indomitable Manchester United side, and I only hope, if Fergie continues playing him, that this weak link doesn't prove detrimental to our dream of Manu making a clean sweep.

All along i have always felt John O Shea had a lack of pace and was easily passed by pacey wingers, and he does commit useless fouls.

However he has days where he defends well and sometimes poking in some vital goals.

He is just a double-edged sword.

FA Cup night at Wembley.What do you guys reckon?

I think its gonna be a tight one.2-1 to United.Ronaldo and Rooney in the thick of things.

Latest posts

Back