Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

if i were to judge the book by its cover, yes, by his outward expressions and appearance, i'd think he's arrogant.

the media...... bleahh.. heh..

if i were to judge the book by its cover, yes, by his outward expressions and appearance, i'd think he's arrogant.

the media...... bleahh.. heh..

His close friends,past and present coaches describe him as a down-to-earth person.

I dun think he behaves arrogant, its just he has that italian look, kinda like totti which cant be help. Ronaldo behaves arrogantly, and thats the obvious difference.

Tevez, well at least he was doing some running deep to collect the ball. N i guess for him, its not just running like headless chicken, but it does confuse the defender and draws them out of position just to mark you. I think it was useful when they play with 3 striker cuz it open the defence for the other striker, just that they did not utilise it well.

Was good to see scholes making some runs into the area in this match, kinda like down memory lane for a while. Over all the play was again sloppy but we still won it ugly, hopefully it helps

I think Macheda can become the next Zola. He's got the technique and the instincts, and has a more physical presence. He really reminds me of Totti. Under Solskjaer's tutelage, he can become really great.

United's domination of the domestic season so far is further underlined by the PFA's shortlists for the Player and Young Player of the Year awards.

The Barclays Premier League leaders, Carling Cup winners and FA Cup semi-finalists occupy all but one of the nominations for the PFA Players' Player of the Year. There are five Reds in the running - goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar, defenders Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic and attacking midfielders Ryan Giggs and Cristiano Ronaldo. The only opposition player on the six-strong shortlist is Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard.

One third of the PFA Players' Young Player of the Year nominees play for United - namely right-back Rafael and centre-back Jonny Evans. The other four contenders are Aston Villa's Gabriel Agbonlahor and Ashley Young, Manchester City midfielder Stephen Ireland or Tottenham Hotspur's Aaron Lennon.

- manutd.com

i think its going to be a very close fight between vidic and gerrard. i will not be surprised at all if gerrard wins it. if he does, he truly deserves it.

I really believe its either VDS or Vidic.Gerrard can win the accolade but just not enough of him from the season to prove his worthy.Injury has hindered his chances.

if the votes were really counted in february/march, then vidic hands down. VDS? despite the clean sheet record, i can't remember a stand out performance from him.

i gotta agree with iverson763. VDS's clean sheet was very much a team effort. forwards coming down to provide defensive support, hardwork by the defensive line and lots of luck.

and i agree with dudelove that it'll be tightly contested between Vidic and Gerrard. and i somehow think they wasted a spot on Ronaldo. imo, Rooney or some other player would have been better deserving of that spot.

I would say Carrick would be one who should have been nominated alongside Rooney.He's been the unsung hero since United's title triumph in 06/07 season till now.

Latest posts

Back