Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

Evra is always missing in defence, and his positional play is not good. He always leaves the LB side open for attackers to punish. Also, pls look at his passing rate at the byline. To me, a fullback who attacks need to be able to finish job by sending in gd balls for the attackers to shoot. Its a basic game play in the epl play book, but he just cant do it

weiht: why dont u sign for man u then?

i hope liverpools lost will get them down to earth on their faces. they've been lifting their heads up too high already. hope they crumble from now onwards.

thank you guus hiddink

weiht: why dont u sign for man u then?

i hope liverpools lost will get them down to earth on their faces. they've been lifting their heads up too high already. hope they crumble from now onwards.

thank you guus hiddink

1st analogy is downright stupid. If so, critics would be the people they critic.

2nd comment seems a little sore, don't you think? :D

1st analogy is downright stupid. If so, critics would be the people they critic.

2nd comment seems a little sore, don't you think? :D

hah.. do u think i was serious?

and liverpool are way too confident before they lost to chelsea. i dont fault them. man u suffered this since they conceded the clean sheet record. they had their heads up too high. like SAF said, u need to keep ur feet on the ground no matter what.

It's always easy to blame over confidence, but seriously, would teams with so much at stake be ' over-confident '?

Joke or not, it's still a redundant rebut.

he should be ah.. last i heard is that he is injured, i think it was a hamstring or something. it seems that the brazilian twins are very injury-prone.

This is what happens when you play someone very young at the highest level.The same happened when Messi started out at Barca.

It's always easy to blame over confidence, but seriously, would teams with so much at stake be ' over-confident '?

That was what happened to Newcastle back when they were 12 points clear of United.Over-confidence can make you crumble and they had lots at stake that time.

plastic, beating real madrid 4-0 and beating man u at OT 4-1 is one hell of an achievement. and destroying villa 5-0? play like that, liverpool probably can beat anyone. even with so much at stake, its natural to feel over confident.

i'm going to stick by my statement that liverpool needed that reality check from chelsea. if u're sore with the liverpool result and u just want to argue with everything i say and take everything so seriously i can understand.

if my statement abt liverpool seemed harsh to you, then why dont u go take a look at what ppl say abt man u at the liverpool thread. i hardly even dissed liverpool.

plastic, beating real madrid 4-0 and beating man u at OT 4-1 is one hell of an achievement. and destroying villa 5-0? play like that, liverpool probably can beat anyone. even with so much at stake, its natural to feel over confident.

i'm going to stick by my statement that liverpool needed that reality check from chelsea. if u're sore with the liverpool result and u just want to argue with everything i say and take everything so seriously i can understand.

if my statement abt liverpool seemed harsh to you, then why dont u go take a look at what ppl say abt man u at the liverpool thread. i hardly even dissed liverpool.

Nope, it is an achievement, and no I do not blame over confidence. It's these little things that people point out to just make themselves feel better. Why not use a little reverse psychology, after all the results, wouldn't you be more and more determined to win Chelsea? Wouldn't you try your very best to keep going on, to keep the record going? I'm sure big teams would have that mentality instead of, yeah, I'm gonna beat them.

I'm not arguing with everything you say, neither do I take it so seriously. If you're pointing out your previous rebut, which you said was a joke, I don't find it funny. Like the saying goes, you don't need to know how to make chicken rice to know where is the best chicken rice store. I'm just tired of people throwing like, oh can you do better rebuts around.

Nope, don't find that statement harsh, just pointing out some things. It's one game, one game won't lose it. It's the dissing of teams that make the games more enjoyable to watch anyway. People write teams off all the time, but then again, what do people have to say when their team loses?

Dime: Yeah, the Keegan thing. Was it over confidence? From what I remember, it was a rant against Alex Ferguson. I don't see how that would affect the team that much, really? I find it stupid how you think oh, Ferguson is god, you go against him, your team loses. Everyone was ahaha, Keegan all over, but Liverpool managed to pick up the pace, once they lose another game, everyone goes back to the same reason, OH YOU DISSED FERGUSON, NOW THATS WHY YOU LOSE. All in all, I still respect him as a great manager.

PS: No hard feelings, I'm not targeting anyone's post, or anything. I'm just posting a comment which I feel is my opinion which has to be said out.

dudelove - Why not, i mean if they were willing to buy dong, then i guess i stand a chance!!!! Maybe not tho

I didnt say all these abt evra just because of last nite, but its always been my view. I think fabio looked much more confident n confortable on the ball, its like he is a natural and i hope he GROWS UP FASTER!!! But i dont think evra can head well, and its not just cuz he is short. Scholes is short too, but he packs a strong header. Ronaldo has got strong header too, but i think vidic's header is the best in the squad.

As for liverpool's game, i think its like man utd who got an early lead agst them but threw it away. The build up for the first goal was nice, but chelsea never gave up.

Dime: Yeah, the Keegan thing. Was it over confidence? From what I remember, it was a rant against Alex Ferguson. I don't see how that would affect the team that much, really? I find it stupid how you think oh, Ferguson is god, you go against him, your team loses. Everyone was ahaha, Keegan all over, but Liverpool managed to pick up the pace, once they lose another game, everyone goes back to the same reason, OH YOU DISSED FERGUSON, NOW THATS WHY YOU LOSE. All in all, I still respect him as a great manager.

Well bro take nothing away from Liverpool when Rafa made comment or attack on Fergie.But its just how the press like to do it.Thats the kind of treatment you get for not winning the League in a very long time and not to forget that United are hot on Pool's back for equaling the record.

All in all this is what the press do and lets just let the football do the talking and not listen to all these rants and crap.May the best team win.

Yeah, may the best team win.

Tell you what Dime, if Man utd wins the league, I buy you a prata at Simpang, if Liverpool win, you buy me prata. On? :D

Rio unlikely to face Black Cats

Rio Ferdinand is back in training, but Sir Alex Ferguson is already planning for the England international to miss United's visit to Sunderland.

The influential centre-back has missed the Reds' last two games, but he is more likely to return in next Wednesday's clash with Porto than on Saturday.

With Jonny Evans also struggling with an ankle injury, Sir Alex told his pre-match press conference that John O'Shea could partner Nemanja Vidic in the centre of defence against the Black Cats.

The potential for more defensive re-shuffles is tempered by the availability of Wayne Rooney for the trip to Wearside, with Sir Alex laughing off suggestions that he would miss the match with a rib injury.

There are also comebacks looming for Rafael and Wes Brown which, along with the impending returns of Ferdinand and Dimitar Berbatov, gives the Reds' squad a healthier appearance.

"Rio started running today," said Sir Alex. "Rafael started training on Tuesday - he will be available for next weekend, and Wes will start football training next week."

Music to my ears.Players returning from injury towards the run-in.Very pivotal to our chances of retaining.

GET IN THERE BOYS!

i would be lying if i say i'm confident abt getting 3 points tonight..

my prediction? a 2-1 win. after going 1 nil down.. hopefully.

Latest posts

Back