Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

If ronaldo plays like that still, then i will rather have him sold.. He loses the ball, and doesnt chase it back but always thinks its a foul and looks at ref with hands on his hips. He thinks he have a divine right to dribble past defenders, and he plays like he has arrived. He should look at tevez or rooney who always fight back the ball when they lose it. I would anyday take ribery.

Ronaldo is just very fast, but notice defenders now dont fear him anymore. Whereas messi can make anyone look like an idiot with his intelligence and skill.

At this juncture, we need players who want to win and have the hunger to play 110% and play ugly if needed.

Van Der Sar has been abit sloppy of late after his record, maybe foster should be given more chances to build on his confidence after winning the carling cup.

I wouldn't say VDS played badly last night. He made quite a few good saves actually. If the defenders actually did their jobs, the two goals could have been avoided.

If ronaldo plays like that still, then i will rather have him sold.. He loses the ball, and doesnt chase it back but always thinks its a foul and looks at ref with hands on his hips. He thinks he have a divine right to dribble past defenders, and he plays like he has arrived. He should look at tevez or rooney who always fight back the ball when they lose it. I would anyday take ribery.

Ronaldo is just very fast, but notice defenders now dont fear him anymore. Whereas messi can make anyone look like an idiot with his intelligence and skill.

At this juncture, we need players who want to win and have the hunger to play 110% and play ugly if needed.

Van Der Sar has been abit sloppy of late after his record, maybe foster should be given more chances to build on his confidence after winning the carling cup.

i am a man u fan.. but i do agree the part abt ronaldo.. and lately man u defence has been crap!!.. too crap... The LB and RB are attackg but they dun have time to go back and regrp for defence.....

Im a man utd fan too. I think the defence is facing some issues on the injury part. Vidic n vds have been excellent all season and is the reason why we are where we are now. But they do get tired which is normal. Ferdinand hasnt been outstanding, and rafael is injured. I have never liked evra who cant defend and even tho he is gd going forward, HE NEVER SENDS IN A DECENT CROSS!!!!! He alway runs to the line n pass a lousy ball either to the opponent or its cleared out for corner... I mean, irwin at 33 was better and more effective, and i still upset heinze left. But if evra gets injured, we have a very weak back 4 line up.

We seriously look tired, and the number of games left is just crazy. Chelsea seems to be refreshed under a new manager, and liverpool are really motivated to win their first title in years. I'd expect the last league game to wake us up and be the game take changed everything, but then haiz.

i am a man u fan.. but i do agree the part abt ronaldo.. and lately man u defence has been crap!!.. too crap... The LB and RB are attackg but they dun have time to go back and regrp for defence.....

exactly. porto had so many chances on the counter attack last night it was scary! seriously, during this last 6 weeks (or so) of the season, defensive problems should not be so blatant.:mad:

Im a man utd fan too. I think the defence is facing some issues on the injury part. Vidic n vds have been excellent all season and is the reason why we are where we are now. But they do get tired which is normal. Ferdinand hasnt been outstanding, and rafael is injured. I have never liked evra who cant defend and even tho he is gd going forward, HE NEVER SENDS IN A DECENT CROSS!!!!! He alway runs to the line n pass a lousy ball either to the opponent or its cleared out for corner... I mean, irwin at 33 was better and more effective, and i still upset heinze left. But if evra gets injured, we have a very weak back 4 line up.

are you sure?my view is totally different. i think he is better than heinze or silvestre mainly because of his speed. no doubt his crosses aren't up to par, he is very good at chasing down opponents.

and can't really compare with irwin lah, he is more of a workhorse and okay, obviously a better crosser.

and i still think evra is the best left-back we have since irwin's departure, not counting fabio who is still young.

Weiht

I think you are either biased in some way or simply watched all of Evra's bad games, which IMO are few and far between.

Every single opposition player and commentator who has seen Evra or played against him admit he is the among the best wing-backs around. He attacks with pace, and can ACTUALLY DEFEND! Have you seen him defend before? Very unorthodox but effective. People are saying Evra and Vidic are Manu's best bargain buys in recent times.

And for people who are saying his crosses aren't up to par, maybe you should go look up at how many assists he has from crosses.

i tink evra is good... but honestly he is getting old.. but he is still good... bu man utd defence simi to be in a lost frenzy... maybe its the liverpool game onwards tt made them lose their confidence...

Yea losing by such a huge margin at Old Trafford is almost inconceivable. Must have shaken their confidence quite a bit. Plus Vidic and Scholes and Rooney all flaring up one by one, Ronaldo playing decently but nowhere near his best and the defence facing injuries, must be really frustrating for the whole team.

I only hope they don't crumble here, not after they've come so far doing so well.

the only person in man u better in the air than evra will probably be ronaldo. evra might be short, but he's really agile and has lots of air in his jumps.

u're just saying this abt him just because he had a bad game this morning.

I have to say the worse player on the pitch was Scholes and Evans.They were left stranded through out the game.The first time I didnt see Scholes doing cross-field passing.Totally sums up his performance.

Evans,for letting the opponent have time to turn and shoot.Horrific defending.

Ever since VDS lost his clean sheet record,he seems lost everytime he picks up a back pass.

Ronaldo has gotta be more mature in his game.He's not the best yet in my books.Gave away the ball too cheaply at times.

At this rate I cant see United reaching the final of CL seriously.Somehow they arent themselves after VDS lost the record.

Fully agree with Dime. Ever since that amazing defensive record was broken in spectacular style, Manchester United have been all over the bloody place.

And is Rafael allowed to play in the CL? I think he is a hundred times than O Shea would ever be.

And is Rafael allowed to play in the CL? I think he is a hundred times than O Shea would ever be.

he should be ah.. last i heard is that he is injured, i think it was a hamstring or something. it seems that the brazilian twins are very injury-prone.

Back