Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

Muahahahahahhahahaaahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhhahahahahahahaaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahhhahahahaaahahahahahahhaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we are crumbling under pressure
3 red cards in 2 games?
errr.
BAD!
i fear that man u could lose the title ;/

utter disappointment.

no doubt that this match has generated a lot of talking points, from the moment paul scholes got sent off.

rooney's sending off was, i felt, too harsh though fulham deserved the win.
and speaking as a man utd fan, ronaldo should really learn to GET ON WITH THE GAME instead of lying on the ground and acting injured.
he should know better that lying on the ground gives you a higher chance of being booked for diving than changing the referee's mind.

well, all hope is not lost. we're still top. and the last i checked, chlesea was a goal down to tottenham.

they still are losing.

the only source of comfort is liverpool and chelsea dropping points. or steven gerrard, torres and lampard tear their ligaments and go out for the season.

i wish we lost to aston villa instead. if we had to lose. i would rather lose points to them so they can get 4th instead of arsenal

i wish we lost to aston villa instead. if we had to lose. i would rather lose points to them so they can get 4th instead of arsenal

That is genius, dudelove!

I came home and turned on the TV at 60+ min and from then till now I'm still in shock.

And I swear, that save by Schwarzer of Rooneys shot was nothing short of miraculous. His trailing leg managed to deflect the ball OFF the target.

Could someone tell me what exactly Scholes did? I heard the commentators saying it was a red card that really couldn't be contested. Did he punch someone or something??

2nd setback. this time 2 red cards. the devils lost the plot?

despite the loss, i still have faith in the devils to pull through this slump.

as long as we still have that game-in-hand, we can do it.

chelsea lost. :twisted:

he handballed on the line... obvious red

Thanks. I can't believe he did that. He should have enough experience to know that even if they DO miss the penalty, manchester united missing a player as crucial and influential as himself would be disastrous.

Although it was a split second decision and he is my football idol so I can't really fault him that much. Well at least Chelsea lost, thanks for the info zullio!

hey guys..

do u think man u can appeal rooneys red card? really i dont think that was a yellow at all. firstly, it was MAN U'S free kick,

and

he threw it in the direction of the free kick

I dun think Scholes did that intentionally. Anyway, Chelsea lost too :). It could be one of those days when all the top team lost.

didn't agree with the lineup, just didn't do for me. absolutely disappointing.

and speaking as a man utd fan, ronaldo should really learn to GET ON WITH THE GAME

fkin' hell yes, exactly. he's getting on my nerves.

fulham did deserve the win. honestly i was expecting man utd to take the game by half time. praying hard liverpool drop points, but villa's recent form is trash.

man utd will still win the title, but wtf, they really didn't have to make it this exciting for the neutrals.

hey guys..

do u think man u can appeal rooneys red card? really i dont think that was a yellow at all. firstly, it was MAN U'S free kick,

and

i guess appeal is one thing. even if his red is rescinded (is that e term?? haha) it doesnt change the fact that in e dying moments united were really left with a gaping hole up front with no hope of a return.

hey guys..

and

The ref was harsh on that. Rooney flared up. I thought he was going to punch the ref but fortunately, he didnt and went for the corner flag instead.

i guess appeal is one thing. even if his red is rescinded (is that e term?? haha) it doesnt change the fact that in e dying moments united were really left with a gaping hole up front with no hope of a return.

even with rooney on the pitch, pulling back 2 goals is unrealistic. seriously.

Back