Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

I agree fully. I also agree with the commentator when he said he thought the Rooney's shot which was amazingly saved was the turning point of the game.

Prior to that Manu were building momentum. Sooner or later a goal would have come, like the way it did against Milan a few years ago. But sadly that goal came as close as possible to materialising and then suddenly disappeared. And the game died from then.

Also reading some of the previous posts, I don't know what is up with Ronaldo. Look at Tevez or Rooney or Park or hell even Fletcher, they get fouled, they get up and get moving. Ronaldo just sits there. He should know that his mere presense following them is enough to faze the opposition player!

i think the whole "world's best player" thing has got into his head. he thinks that every time a player clips his feet by accident or nudges him, a freekick would be awarded.

come on this is football. a little knocking here and there is acceptable.

and also, the referee is human. he can't be spotting every single foul that is committed. he (ronaldo) should so stop falling to the ground with every little contact that is made.

what's a "world's best player" if he can't even handle a bit of contact.

Last edited:
True. Although Ronaldo this season is a pale shadow of what he was last season. Maybe it's our expectations after seeing his heroics last season. But still that's no excuse to expect to be treated like bloody royalty even when half the time he is in the wrong.

hey guys..

do u think man u can appeal rooneys red card? really i dont think that was a yellow at all. firstly, it was MAN U'S free kick,

and

he threw it in the direction of the free kick

I don't think they can. You can't appeal yellow cards. Not too sure about two yellows though.

apparently your liverpool kakis at the pool thread already celebrating like they won it liao ...

check it out ...

this is bad...

Rooney fears longer ban

"Wayne Rooney fears he will be handed an extra one-game ban by the FA as punishment after he failed to leave the field of play when he was sent off during Manchester United's 2-0 defeat at Fulham on Saturday. Rooney was sent off by referee Phil Dowd a minute from the end of their second successive league defeat and remonstrated with the official after he was shown a red card. Dowd is expected to include details of the incident in his report to the FA and it means Rooney could be handed an extra one-game suspension if Soho Square decide to clamp down."

Neil Ashton, Daily Mail

alamak, and there we were wishing his ban could be dropped

Last edited:
this is bad...

Rooney fears longer ban

"Wayne Rooney fears he will be handed an extra one-game ban by the FA as punishment after he failed to leave the field of play when he was sent off during Manchester United's 2-0 defeat at Fulham on Saturday. Rooney was sent off by referee Phil Dowd a minute from the end of their second successive league defeat and remonstrated with the official after he was shown a red card. Dowd is expected to include details of the incident in his report to the FA and it means Rooney could be handed an extra one-game suspension if Soho Square decide to clamp down."

Neil Ashton, Daily Mail

alamak, and there we were wishing his ban could be dropped

OK all things aside, I think Rooney has to understand that he is NOT above the letter of the ref's law. PPL talk about him not being the same player if he didnt have the same aggression bla bla bla but lets face it..... U act that way U get sent off..simple as that.

with the suspensions & injuries coming now during the run in ... man u will be stretched to the max in their remaining games over all competitions.

I believe the red cards were harsh.Even the one given to Scholes.Plus the ref was inconsistent during the game.He was stuck in 2 minds and giving away needless bookings.

yea man..rooney was just throwing the ball back to quickly start the game..referee to sensitive cause rooney known for his attitude..hopefully this week's international break will slow liverpool momentum :twisted:

Back