Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

haha nah wasnt complaining bout the red card..was just commenting bout rooney's reputation which got him into this mess..but sometimes rooney gets away with cards cause some referees know he's changed alot over the years under sir alex..oh well..

Why is the Scholes red card harsh? It was a no-choice decision and a straightforward one for the ref, and he is experienced enough to know that he shld never ever do that in front of goal, no matter what. I believe that it may be harsh on him as a professional, bcos he cld hv made a genuine mistake, but otherwise i see no other result other than a straight red. And Rooney will not get more than a 1 match ban.

Why is the Scholes red card harsh? It was a no-choice decision and a straightforward one for the ref, and he is experienced enough to know that he shld never ever do that in front of goal, no matter what. I believe that it may be harsh on him as a professional, bcos he cld hv made a genuine mistake, but otherwise i see no other result other than a straight red. And Rooney will not get more than a 1 match ban.

no..i mean rooney's second yello was harsh..scholes' was no doubt.alright enough bout the card debate..lol..yea awaiting for man utd vs arsenal..gonna be a hell of a match..the last time at emirates stadium was a good one..both teams counter attacking non-stop..

I think this may be one of Man.U's worst seasons.

Hmm... with two trophies in hand, Man Utd are better off some teams whom are trophy-less at the moment. Man Utd's worst season? Then which is the team that is having the best season?

yea..lol..just recent two loss doesnt judge the whole season man! next few seasons will even be better with so many wonderkids and promising players.. anderson, rafael, fabio, evans, gibson, welbeck.

yea..lol..just recent two loss doesnt judge the whole season man! next few seasons will even be better with so many wonderkids and promising players.. anderson, rafael, fabio, evans, gibson, welbeck.

And how a handful of draws, everyone wrote liverpool out of the title race.

the match is not over till the referee blows his whistle.

the title is not decided until 38 games are played.

I keep telling ya.....L'pool will pip MU by just one point on the final day, and win the PL title. Call it a hunch, an instinct or a weird feeling, but it really gonna happen.

And how a handful of draws, everyone wrote liverpool out of the title race.

everyone wrote liverpool out of title race not because of their draws..its because man utd with one game in hand was around 10points ahead i think , forgotten..and man utd not losing since their visit to japan for world club, man utd did seem unstoppable..hence liverpool didnt seem to be able to crawl back up to the table cause they havent been performing well in the epl for the past few seasons..

oh well..i believe man utd and liverpool take the 1st and 2nd spot..this season will prove vital for these two teams..if man utd win this season, they will match liverpool's record of winning the epl 18times..

With Rooney firing all cylinders in the International Friendly,its gonna spell trouble for Villa at OT.

Back