Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

Ferguson ain't too much of a looker either.

PS: Do man utd fans actually watch Liverpool games, and how they play? I don't know, just curious.

Ferguson ain't too much of a looker either.

PS: Do man utd fans actually watch Liverpool games, and how they play? I don't know, just curious.

for once I agree with plastic :mrgreen:

As for me - I wont watch othre teams matches unless it super biggie (e.g pool vs Man U) and my schedule permitting

United fans can breathe a sigh of relief after Sir Alex revealed that Anderson is expected to miss just three weeks of football after injuring his ankle against Derby County.

Fans feared the worst after the 20-year-old Brazilian midfielder was stretchered from the pitch at the final whistle on Tuesday.

"We sent Anderson for a scan and there’s no break," Sir Alex said at Friday morning's press conference. "But there was some ligament damage. We think he’ll be out for three weeks."

While that prognosis might bring a smile to United supporters' faces, the boss did have other, less pleasing, news to report, with nine players absent for the FA Cup fourth tie against Tottenham Hotspurs' at OT on Saturday.

He said: "The ones who are out [for the Spurs game] are Rio Ferdinand, Anderson, Nani, Rafael, Patrice Evra, Wayne Rooney, Wes Brown, Jonny Evans and Ji-sung Park [hamstring injury].

"Nani suffered a groin injury and he’ll be out for a week. Jonny Evans [ankle] will be out for three weeks."

Sir Alex did rule out the possibility of bringing in any players on loan as cover. Instead United will rely on the remaining fit first-team regulars and a number of young players.

"We still have Dimitar Berbatov, Carlos Tevez and Cristiano Ronaldo fit. But we will have to call on some young players," he added.

"The injuries are mainly to the defenders - I've got a whole back four out for Saturday. I could play Darren Fletcher at right back, with Gary Neville, Nemanja Vidic and John O’Shea, which would give me an experienced back four. But I’ve called in Richard Eckersley and Fabio, who could be involved."

The good news is that most of United's injury concerns are not long-term. Rooney and Evra aren't far off comebacks from hamstring and ankle problems, while Ferdinand (back) and Brown (ankle) could be fit to face Everton on Monday 2 February. (If either United or Everton require an FA Cup fourth round replay, the game will be brought forward to Saturday 31 Jan).

"Rio and Wes could be back for the Everton game, if the match is on Monday," the boss said.

The injuries have prompted more calls for a winter break from the United camp, as a busy winter schedule takes its toll. "It’s not the best position to be in. January is a difficult month. We’ve talked a lot about having a winter break to get rid of the strains you pick up in January. But it’s not to be. The result is that the strains become injuries and the players miss matches."

we could finally see fabio playing for the first team.. after long months of waiting.

ahaha.. to me the more important parts of the article is the update on the squad's many injuries ah..

not too bothered about the winter break thing.. IMO, the BPL is doing fine without the winter break. alot of things happens during winter itself, providing a much better fight for the title during the 2nd-half of the season. basically, it can make or break a team, which is fun to watch. :)

Fergie doing his usual rants............i wldn't pay much attention, injuries are part and parcel of football.

what??!? did fergie rant? he's updating everyone abt the injuries to his players. fans want to know dude.. he nvr complained and he has his squad depth to thank for.

yeah.. but still i wouldnt call that ranting.

anyway, i'm sure any other manager who has so many injuries to key players during this time of the year, especially those with a small squad, will definitely bring up the issue abt the winter break. fergie did. and all he said was, "Unfortunately, it is not to be.''

lts just unlucky for man-u, liverpool had a season full of injuries as well. We're not as fortunate as chelsea to have a good selection of subs, even those not selected for the match can actually play fairly well.

What I saw from Fabio was way better than what i saw from Rafael.He sure adds some speed and attacking options fro Ronaldo.

He outran David Bentley a couple of times when defending but still he has the naivity of commiting into ball and giving away fouls.Lack of inexperience from what i see.

Easily solved la.....they will come good after awhile. I think Fergie might have to go for a 3-4-3 if the injuries continue. But it will see a lot of attacking football, good for the viewers.

What I saw from Fabio was way better than what i saw from Rafael.He sure adds some speed and attacking options fro Ronaldo.

He outran David Bentley a couple of times when defending but still he has the naivity of commiting into ball and giving away fouls.Lack of inexperience from what i see.

I agree with you, Fabio is good but inexperience...i still wonder why SAF didn't play him when evra got injured but instead played o'shea. i got nothing against o'shea, he's a good versatile player but he's not attack minded like evra n fabio... Well, at least we won last night n thru to the 5th rd, next up West Brom on Tues Night(Wed Morn Local Time).
Come On Man Utd!!!!!

gilarock
\m/(>_<)\m/

I agree with you, Fabio is good but inexperience...i still wonder why SAF didn't play him when evra got injured but instead played o'shea. i got nothing against o'shea, he's a good versatile player but he's not attack minded like evra n fabio... Well, at least we won last night n thru to the 5th rd, next up West Brom on Tues Night(Wed Morn Local Time).
Come On Man Utd!!!!!

gilarock
\m/(>_<)\m/

oh, cause he was injured too. he has been struggling with injuries.

WBA 0 - MANUTD 5 Berbatov (22), Tevez (44), Vidic (60), Ronaldo (65, 73)

ruthless attacking shown with mauling of WBA.

Carrick's passing was amazing as usual.
Ronaldo is looking like he is back in form. and at a great time that.

good news: no NEW injuries. Ferd and Brown are back from injuries. So is Park.

better news: Van Der Sar now holds the record for longest time without conceding. beating cech's record of 1025mins.

Despite the thrashing of WBA i dont think the team performed that well. G.Neville was terrible so was Ronaldo(even though the has 2 goals to his name).

Berba was okay but could have done better.All in all this was just an average performance but dont let the scoreline deceive us.

well, i got my info from the club website.. didn't have any internet sources to catch the game.

oh well..

Back