Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

Papers: Debut for Tosic?

Tosic set for Rams test
Zoran Tosic is set for a surprise introduction to English football with Sir Alex Ferguson lining him up to make his debut in the Carling Cup semi-final second leg against Derby on Tuesday. The Serbian winger, who was unveiled last week following his move from Partizan Belgrade, was expected to be eased into the United first team. The 21-year-old was not supposed to be introduced for another six weeks with Ferguson wanting to ensure he was prepared for the physical demands of the Premier League. But the United manager has had a rethink and Tosic now looks likely to play some part in the match, which Derby lead 1-0 after the first leg.
James Robson, Manchester Evening News

The Daily Express reveals that Sir Alex Ferguson was about to replace Carlos Tevez with Danny Welbeck at the Reebok Stadium, only for the Argentine to lay on Dimitar Berbatov's dramatic winner. "It is a new tactic - get someone stripped on the touchline and see what happens," he joked.

The Sun claims Sir Alex's eventual successor will be a young, unproven manager. Their proof comes in the form of the Glazer family's decision to install 32-year-old Raheem Morris as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' new head coach.

Former Reds winger David Beckham, on loan at AC Milan, has had his say on the Kaka transfer saga. "Manchester City have a lot of money now," he says. "But for me, United are the only team in Manchester. We all want Kaka to stay."
Round up by Steve Bartram

It'll be great to see the young serbian in action who has been rated as highly as David Beckham only that Tosic is a left footer.

With his precision crossing and his eye for goal from dead-ball situation.This might prove to be another great addition to SAF's already strong squad.

Orr..........he might prove to be a flop. We shall see. Apparently, if Man U get into the final, all the youngters will play, not a single veteran or established first team regular will get to play. Sounds a but complacent to me, beat Derby first then talk hor.

Orr..........he might prove to be a flop. We shall see.

that seems much more familiar with Rafa.Pennant?Garcia?I cant remember even cause they didnt really make much impression when Rafa brought them into the club.

Tosic wont be as near as a flop as the United scouts have been watching him play for a year and have given such high praise of his abilities.Dont think Pool scouts are as skillful as United's

Rafa.Pennant?Garcia?I cant remember even cause they didnt really make much impression when Rafa brought them into the club.

...Dont think Pool scouts are as skillful as United's

hahah...BURN!!!! ...make them wait...they've not won it for almost 19 years....so just keep on waiting..hoho..

Seriously, you want to compare achievements with liverpool? :mrgreen:

Anyway, anyone Ferguson signs, or introduces, what would happen when he leaves?

What would happen if Rafa stays as Pool manager?

United have tipped Martin O'Neil as successor to the Great Scot.So United's future is great.

What would happen if Rafa stays as Pool manager?

Nothing. They'll do what they've been doing since he took over. And what's that? Try to play football.

United have tipped Martin O'Neil as successor to the Great Scot.So United's future is great.

I don't know. I'm still hoping Mourinho takes over. I see him as the only worthy successor.

Nothing. They'll do what they've been doing since he took over. And what's that? Try to play football.

I don't know. I'm still hoping Mourinho takes over. I see him as the only worthy successor.
Like how Ferguson actually did something in his first few seasons in charge.

Tis' true tis' true. BUT.........now club executives and owners have very happy trigger fingers and big, big wallets, think Sam Allardyce when he got sacked by Newcastle. He took 8 years to shape Bolton into the team we all loved to hate. But that didn't help him retain his new job. I think if Man U ever change manager, they'll plummet too. It's all part of change. He who stays the longest wins the most.

When Ferguson leaves, Ronaldo will go for sure, fergie's man-management skills were probably the only thing that kept him at man utd.

I like mourinho but I don't think ferguson would want such a defensive minded manager to talk over from him. Ferguson is all about the attack. Mourinho is an excellent manager though, without a doubt though. And his arrogance does fit man utd well.

i totally agree with tim098. as good as mourinho is, he is very defensive. what man utd need is a manager that isn't afraid to push up when need and pile on the pressure. attacking football is the way.

but the defence gotta be tight as well, as it is this season. 10 straight league matches without conceding. a league record.

Ya, I think Mourinho is a better manager than Martin O'Neil. Atleast Jose has already won the English Premier League and the European Champions League with other clubs.

Last edited:
mourinho pwns martin o neill anyday
i dont see whats the big deal about martin o neill.
he doesnt have the arrogance a big team manager should have

Back