Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

BUT, Ronaldinho's signing has in a very weird way worked out for Milan. Benzema's arrival will just cause more turmoil. Exactly what Liverpool need :mrgreen:. But in all seriousness, Benzema might just turn into an Andriy Shevchenko. Who wants such a fine player to become like that? And what of Tevez? Return to West Ham? Hah i wish!

Hope they dont sign Benzema and Benzema wont sign for any other team.It'll be just too ridiculous to see so many strikers in the team.All Fergie needs is 23 man and no more than that.

yup. I think we have more than enough attack players. what we need is for them to PERFORM. no need for more players..

Yeah...........too bad his touch was too heavy, else he woulda scored the 2nd for sure. Damn i was gonna off the com when i saw him go clear..........until he ran it outta play.

Man.....Tevez played so badly this morning that i think he's mind is wandering sumwhere else, hmmmm...... maybe he's thinking abt playin for other team *blink* REAL*Blink AKA The Suckitos, the place where all the good players become sucky.

Injury sours Wigan win

Space may soon be at a premium in the United treatment room.

Wayne Rooney is the latest casualty after limping out of the Reds’ 1-0 victory against Wigan on Wednesday night with a hamstring injury.

Sir Alex revealed it’s likely to be “a three-week job”, which could rule Wazza out of crucial matches against Bolton Wanderers, Derby County, Tottenham Hotspur, West Bromwich Albion and Everton.

But while Rooney joins Rio Ferdinand (back), Patrice Evra (ankle), Wes Brown (ankle) and Owen Hargreaves (knee) on the sidelines, the boss is still confident of travelling to the Reebok Stadium with a fresh squad.

“It’s a big game and Bolton are a very strong team,” he told MUTV. “We’ll have Darren Fletcher, Anderson and Ji-sung Park fresh for Bolton – I tried to freshen things up as best I could against Wigan.”

Rooney – Wednesday's match-winner – was the only United player to limp off against the Latics, but the boss revealed Jonny Evans, Carlos Tevez, Paul Scholes and Cristiano Ronaldo also picked up minor knocks.

“We’ll assess them now and do our best [to have them fit for the weekend]. We’ll just have to wait and see.”

- manutd.com

they'd better be minor knocks for the other listed players. injuries could end our season early, too early in fact.

MAN UTD GO TOP!!

scrappy 1-nil win. the devils really need to improve man.

and chelski ALMOST lost to STOKE! aha

Back