Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

Haha i agree, Giggsy is a SUPERMAN. Actually, it wasn't really Di Santo's fault for Berbatov's goal, i noticed b4 Ronaldo took the freekick Vidic was whispering in Berbatov's ear. Might have gone something like this:

Vidic: 'Eh u go make the run to the near post i'll block ur marker so u can go free.'
Berbatov: 'Will do.'

And guess what? It happened. That colossus ( or big bully ) Vidic blocked off no less than 3 players to allow Berbatov a free run to the near post, where he duly scored. Seems Ronaldo jus seems to aim at goal, hoping for a rebound his teammate can pounce on, a corner or a goal for himself.

Haha i agree, Giggsy is a SUPERMAN. Actually, it wasn't really Di Santo's fault for Berbatov's goal, i noticed b4 Ronaldo took the freekick Vidic was whispering in Berbatov's ear. Might have gone something like this:

Vidic: 'Eh u go make the run to the near post i'll block ur marker so u can go free.'
Berbatov: 'Will do.'

And guess what? It happened. That colossus ( or big bully ) Vidic blocked off no less than 3 players to allow Berbatov a free run to the near post, where he duly scored. Seems Ronaldo jus seems to aim at goal, hoping for a rebound his teammate can pounce on, a corner or a goal for himself.

haha....the whispering part was cute.....imagination gone wild....haha:cool:

i realised that the big stars (ronaldo in particular), rarely puts on a good performance in big games. i'm just wondering, is it because of the pressure placed by the media and manager and fans, or is it cause the opponent knows the threat these stars can cause and handle them well?l (eg. bosingwa did a good job stopping ronaldo from making killer crosse)

Well Bosingwa didnt really do a good job in stopping the crosses thats why he was subed with the useless Belletti.

And yes the markers did a good job in stopping the big stars from making a impact on the game.But United were too much to handle in the hands of Chelski.

Well Bosingwa didnt really do a good job in stopping the crosses thats why he was subed with the useless Belletti.

And yes the markers did a good job in stopping the big stars from making a impact on the game.But United were too much to handle in the hands of Chelski.

i found it quite ironic (and it was a relief, too!) when i remarked to my friend that berba, ronnie and rooney weren't making much of an impact in the game due to the chelski defence. and then minutes later, berba and rooney score! :)

Last edited:
i found it quite ironic (and it was a relief, too!) when i remarked to my friend that berba, ronnie and rooney weren't making much of an impact in the game due to the chelski defence. and then minutes later, berba and rooney score! :)

hi ruixist - long time no hear:mrgreen:

Fergie must be getting PAS ( Player Acquisition Syndrome ). For goodness sakes u've got Carlos Tevez already, wat do u want Benzema for? He's another one of those strikers who's more like Berbatov, wait for service. I'd much rather pay 32 million pounds for Tevez than the same for Benzema. Besides, he's not been proven in the BPL yet.

yup yup yupz..

one more thing. if benzema comes. who's fergie going to sacrifice in the first team? rooney? since berbatov is his darling. rooney would probably be moved to the flank or even the bench. then we can say goodbye to nani already.

hey just wondering, but is it just me, or is the man utd website always having some technical error? the pictures are always not aligned and everything is out of place.
(its okay now anyway)

14 Jan - Wigan (h) - Premier League
17 Jan - Bolton (a) - Premier League
20 Jan - Derby (h) - Carling Cup
24 Jan - Tottenham (h) - FA Cup
27 Jan - WBA (a) - Premier League
2 Feb - Everton (h) - Premier League
8 Feb - West Ham (a) - Premier League

This are the matches Patrice Evra will miss.The only concerning fixture in my opinion is the one against Everton.O'Shea gotta be on his best for the games or maybe Fergie can introduce Fabio into the game.He is being rated better than Rafael.

loldude ur completely right, after watching the replay again, u can see that vidic and berbatov clearly had practised this before!

And I am very sad evra is injured. Such a great yet underrated player for manchester united

ENEMIES WE MAY BE - BUT I MUST SAY A BIG CONGRATS ON THE TRASHING OF THE RUSSIAN SHOW PONIES CHELSKI

now that was satisfying .... almost as good as when AFC whack them at Stammford bridge earlier this season :mrgreen:

And I am very sad evra is injured. Such a great yet underrated player for manchester united

i don't think he is underrated. he is very much loved from my friends who are manutd fans. myself included.

benzema would have been fine if it was him instead of berbatov during the summer. but at this point of time, NO. it will only cause much more instability and cause alot of upsets within the team. kinda how milan are after ronaldinho signed for them.

Back