Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

Vidic with the goal! After a improperly taken corner, from which Ronaldo scored, Giggs sent it in again and Berbatov's great flick-on laid it on a plate for Vidic, whose powerful downward header beat Cech at the far post. United had had the better of the chances, with Park, Fletcher, Ronaldo and Berbatov going close. Berbatov in particular really should have done better, instead of putting his shot tamely into Petr Cech's hands. An intriguing first half, although in truth it has been so far a midfield battle.

very fiery match. expected ah. and as loldude333 mentioned, it really has been a midfield battle.

i don't know about everyone else, but i laughed when ronaldo "ran into" cashley cole.. it was just funny to me..

The first corner which led to Ronaldo's goal should be allowed. Rooney has already kick the ball when Giggs picked it up and delivered the cross.

3-NIL!!!! rooney and berbatov providing the goals.

definitely the red devils' best performance i've watched this season.
they've gotta keep this up and we'll be looking at an exciting finish to the season.

watch out liverpool, the RED DEVILS are coming for you.

side-note: evra got injured. hope its not serious.

It wasn't so much a matter of Man U being great, it was a matter of Chelsea being crap. Scolari stupidly brought on Anelka. And the retard Mikel kept slowing down counter-attacks. If this had been Mourinho's Chelsea, it wld've been a draw. 2nd half was very gd, very open. United look very strong now, and Ronaldo and Berbatov put in good displays, although man of the match was so obviously Giggs, he was like Gerrard against Newcastle. Brilliant goals, great game. Now, on to 'O' level results abt 12 hrs frm now.

Didn't see nothing extra ordinary from man utd, but on the contrary, saw one of the worst chelsea plays ever. Atrocious defending, lost out in the midfield area, man marking was way off, deserved to lose.

drogba was crap. terrible. in fact all of chelseas players were terrible. bringing on anelka didnt help at all. i dont rmb him even touching the ball like at all.

di santo? what is scolari thinking?? his inexperience led to berbatov's easy goal.

i'm starting to like the fact scolari is chelsea's manager now.

on the brighter side, what a way to bounce back after losing to DERBY!

Chelsea played terribly, while United wasn't extraordinary, we pulled it off eventually. Great stuff. Good job to rooney and berbatov! Vidic kinda seems to score with his headers in most important matches! hahaha

hahaha i wouldnt consider vidic a lesser known player. but yeah there's some truth in that.

darren fletcher against chelsea,

john o'shea against liverpool where the memorable ones. :)

We played like Champions and its good to see Ronaldo at the top of his game after letting complacency get into him with the World Player Award.

Main talking point of the game was the corner taken was allgedly accused of taken outside the D.But still the goal came seconds after the illegal corner.

I have to say today wasnt about Rooney or Ronaldo or Berbatov but surprisingly its the old dog Ryan Giggs.Superb contribution by the veteran.

Back