Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

With the signing of Ljajic,I think Danny Welbeck's future in the club wont be so bright.Not forgetting Campbell in on-loan to Spurs and will return to the club at the end of the season making it 3 young strikers by June.

And hopefully Scholes wont retire as early.His contribution is unparallel.

According to manutd.com, Fergie says Ljajic will only come in at the end of this year.
Tosic, 21, will sign with immediate effect and wear the no.14 shirt, while an agreement is in place for 17-year-old striker Ljajic to remain with Partizan for the rest of 2009.

so yeah. and this season might be giggs' last.
Giggs: I May Call It A Day
Ryan Giggs has stunned Manchester United by hinting he could retire at the end of the season. The veteran winger’s current deal expires in May and he is yet to be offered a new deal to stay at Old Trafford. Giggs’ experience has been vital for the Red Devils but the Welsh ace, 35, said: “I will keep playing as long as I enjoy it, I am fit and the manager wants me. If one of those three things stops, I will consider retiring. It could be at the end of this season. Or it could be the next one. I am at the end of my contract in May, so we will see. At the minute, there hasn’t been any contact with United. I am as fit as I have ever been. The only difference is recovering from games. Two days after a game, I am still tired. Before, I could play Saturday-Wednesday, Saturday-Wednesday no problem. Today, I would be a lot less efficient at doing things. Nowadays, I only play once a week, it’s very good that way."

hmmm. Giggs IS getting old, we have to face that fact. But then again we have to salute him for his contributions to the club! THAT FA CUP goal to remember. the crosses. the amazing runs during counter attacks. His prime is almost up, but rest assured, IMO he will be well replaced. The MUFC midfield now is getting a lil' crowded. But in a good way. Crowded with some great talent.. young talent too.

As for Tevez. IMO, we NEED to keep him. His work rate is very high. He does his best always and chases after balls and TACKLES to get the ball and then SCORES. Rooney likewise. But berbatov is less "hard-working" in this area, he always waits for the ball to come to him.. Yeah..

This prolly explains why we're not scoring THAT much anymore. Also, partially to do with Ronaldo's dip in form for now.. hopefully he'll get back to last season's form!

j_m_s: im just afraid that the midfield will get TOO crowded. kinda like spurs. look at them now.

yeah we still have huge talent in midfield like owen hargreaves who's out now. rodrigo possebon and darron gibson and the other young talented midfielders are going to find it hard to break in the first team. nani will have to fight for his place also with the serb coming in. and we're all still waiting for anderson to score. its quite embarrasing for him imo. even rafael has scored already.

its kinda sad to think that berbatov's 30m introduction to the team has actually caused more problems then solved. i really dont want to see tevez leave. he reminded me of a ole gunnar solskjaer, only more hardworking. who wouldnt want a solskjaer in their team?

..and we're all still waiting for anderson to score. its quite embarrasing for him imo. even rafael has scored already
...i really dont want to see tevez leave. he reminded me of a ole gunnar solskjaer, only more hardworking. who wouldnt want a solskjaer in their team?

haha. anderson will score, before the season ends. he just deserves at least a goal.. rafael scored? when sia? :rolleyes:

OLE!! tevez is already ole in a way, the many late goals he scored last season proved that..

i knew just as much.. poor rafael scored during a match when most man u fans would want to forget. he scored a screamer during the arsenal loss rmb?

i'll be very very very sad if tevez leaves. even if they buy a replacement, he'd probably be pissed at being benched. so if he leaves, i wouldn't mind not finding a replacement. instead taking a risk by using frazier campbell and maybe welbeck as a cover.

dudelove: i remember lah.. but, its just.. pity him, not a match to be remembered.

and i wouldn't mind if tevez leaves. mainly because its just isn't fair for a player like him to be benched, week-in, week-out.

until fergie loses faith in berba, or until berba scores more regularly, goals will be hard to come by i believe. the pressure here is mainly on berba's shoulder as i recently read that fergie rates him to be as good as le frenchie, cantona.

I agree with zullio, Tevez shld leave for his own good. Fergie seems to be misguided in placing his faith in Berbatov but i won't 2nd guess him, he's been managing Man U for longer than i've been alive. Actually, the scoring will improve when Ronaldo starts, not Berbatov, bcos he's the main source. Frm a Pool fan's point of view, i'd be happy if Tevez left, one less dangerman to worry abt :mrgreen:. But he's a great striker and workhorse, kinda reminds me of a goalscoring Dirk Kuyt or Robbie Keane, hope he goes to a place which deserves his services.

zullio, im afraid of that too. we have sooooo many now.

the pair from serb. nani, ronaldo, anderson, giggs, hargreaves, rafael, welback, carrick and others... Park Ji Sung as well.

My gosh...

Tevez will be hard to replace IMO. He;s a fab player and has no doubt had a positive impact on the team since his arrival.

Im really concerned about the squad's population.Really starting to be very crowded.But this squad Fergie has put out is specially build to face the congested fixtures which United has.

About Tevex leaving,it might be the biggest mistake ever by United not to tie him down to Old Trafford for the next 5 seasons.Well dont think Fergie will need to look for any replacements if Tevez does leave.He has players at his abundance.

You'll never find any top player like Tevez who runs like crazy so it'll be ideal if he becomes a permament fixture to the team.

teves is my all time favourite winning eleven striker
somehow he just scores for me. i really wished teves would stay, but unfortunately fergie prefers that tall berba which frankly, isnt worth his price tag
teves would certainly be missed if he does leave. and the certainly manu would sell less shirts in argentina!

we lost to the team which finished with the record lowest points in the league last season..:(

embarrasing?

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: .........................................................

soup KAMBING satu .....

Back