Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

Rooney was lucky not to be sent off. Stoke City was clearly provoking Rooney and Ronaldo.

classic english style of play, physical. employed by hull as well..

but both of them shouldn't have retaliated.. at least not in the full view of the referees..

Its obvious that Man U are suffering frm Club World Cup hangover.......but they'll dig themselves outta this lah.......all big clubs can do this.

Yea........bcos they dun like him? Bcos he's too much of a showboat? Bcos he's a chronic diver? Lotsa reasons for that y'know.

Lucky break for MAN U today having won 1-0 against Middlebro. Watch out Liverpool, we are coming to get you...
icon10.gif

wasted my freaking effort to wake up at 4am to watch that stupid match. this is a classic example of man u's finishing problems. if they dont start taking their chances they'll be punished one day..

park ji sung.. that miss was godlike.. the most epic i've ever seen

Man UTD are clearly having problems in front of goal. It's quite baffling that Fletcher gets to start game in, game out. He's a good squad player. I bet we miss Carlos Queroz. Mike Phelan is not as tactically astute unlike the Big Portugese.

I think MAN U does not want to push hard this season. Having won the Champions League, EPL and Club WorldCup, I think Fergie knows that the players are tired. MAN U will not win anything this season but rest assured that they will be in the top three of the Premier League. Anyway, why not let other clubs win for a change...

I wont be surprised that the title will be decided by May.By the looks of things none of the top 3 have pulled away from each other.United need to win all their games in hand if they were to have any chance this season.

I have to say,the match against Boro lacked creativity,enthusiasm,flair and resilience.They were vulnerable through out till Scholes and G.Neville came which shows experience pays.

And Ronny isnt playing like the best player in the world.

The Mail quotes a former Liverpool skipper, Ronnie Whelan, on the title race - he's backing United to beat his old club to the prize next May. Whelan said: "United have been through it and done it so often - the manager has done it so many times, and many players have done it so many times. I still make them slight favourites ahead of Liverpool."

Well not every Liverpool fan or ex-personel favours the title to make its way to Anfield.

end of nani maybe, BUT not park. if you compare their performances this season, park definitely had more impact compared to nani.

but, SAF must have something in mind already since he is bringing in another youngster. maybe backup plan if nani fails to be a good successor once giggs retires? like how he brought in sooooooooo many midfielders to replace keane.

Back