Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

Dime: haha. the WHOLE club is on the rise. they go into the winter break on top. best part, they just got promoted. the manager is one hell of a genius..

Yeah, its happening jus abt everywhere, what with Hull, Hoffenheim and so on, like i've said so many times, it the season of the underdogs, no pressure to win, they can go all out. But 2nd season syndrome will hit for sure.

But 2nd season syndrome will hit for sure.

hoffenheim in the previous season, was also a team just promoted into the 2.Bundesliga (think coca-cola championship for england) and they finished runners-up..

and if things keep going the way they are for them, next season will be way tougher. so i agree.. haha.

back to MANUTD!!

haha. its almost as if they didn't take it seriously.. i only managed to watch the last 10mins.. and they were bad in that period.

oh 74 to 80 mins was ultimate epic stuff. quickfire goals to the max. if i were carlos tevez i'd be quite depressed. the moment rooney replace him rooney scores 2 goals in 2 mins or something.

oh 74 to 80 mins was ultimate epic stuff. quickfire goals to the max. if i were carlos tevez i'd be quite depressed. the moment rooney replace him rooney scores 2 goals in 2 mins or something.

haha. i saw from soccernet that rooney scored 2.. then i looked, he was a subsitute!! tevez must be feeling like sheit..

ManUtd are World Champions!

1-nil win over lcd quito..
i have to say its not their best perfomance.
the teamwork dynamics were there at least..
in the first-half tevez and rooney showed their fantastic partnership of last season.. it was shortlived when vidic was red-carded. yes, he was.
vidic elbowed a player on purpose and deserved the straight red..
rooney's goal was the result of a good team move..

in all honesty, the lcd quito didn't deserve to lose and the put up one hell of a fight..
simply put, they kinda out-shone manutd.
so yeah.

not the greatess performance from United at world stage.gotta get across the ball with more intend.finishing as been poor and luck hasnt been on their side.

all in all credit to carrick in dictating most of the play and rooney right at the top and not to forget EVD for keep Liga De Quito at bay for 90mins.

man u's finishing has been poor through out the season. and sadly, the introduction of berbatov to the team hasnt improved that problem. yes, he has opened a new dimension in attack, but man u still has finishing issues.

when this occurs, it is very very easy to dominate a game fully and still lose. man u was extremely fortunate not to have been punished by evra's mistake. probably the only players who provide quality finishing are ronaldo, and rooney (only when he's on form). other than the edge of the sword is blunt. sad to say..

and the tough run of matches start tomorrow..

26/12 - at Stoke City
29/12 - home, Boro
4/1 - at Southampton

another 1-nil win.

bad performance overall from the team. definitely a performance not to be repeated anytime soon.. seriously. rooney and ronaldo gotta keep their temperaments in check, cause they aren't gonna escape a sending off the next time.. vidic was a solid rock in defence.

the way things are going now, it doesn't look good. haiz..

Back