Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

But he retains the British style of attacking football that we all enjoy watching at United week in week out.

To see Jose jump into the United wagon isnt a bad thing and maybe Fabio Capello could have a stint too or maybe former Assistant-Manager Steve McLaren

Like how Ferguson actually did something in his first few seasons in charge.

True that. But can you see Liverpool performing like Man Utd has been under Ferguson if Benitez sticks with 'em for 20 years? I certainly can't. He has a great team, but I don't know. I just don't see it. Sorry.

Hell no. Definitely not Steve McLaren.

I can only see Martin O' Neill taking over Alex Ferguson 'cos i like his brand of attacking football. And guys, do you think Man Utd gonna buy Antonio Valencia??? To me, he's a damn good player n there's rumours about him in England dat man u gonna buy him"The Daily Telegraph reckons that Manchester United are also interested in Valencia."

gilarock
\m/(>_<)\m/

gilarock: if there is a need for a right-midfielder, i say go for it. but for now, we have ronny and park. unless either of them leaves anytime soon, i believe another player there would only create 'rifts' within the team.

Mourinho is good lah, there is no disputing that. He came into the epl and there was instant success for him. And its been proven by Ranieri and Scolari that even with a star studded team, it isn't all roses for the manager.

I remember some time back Mark Hughes was hailed by Fergie. Not sure about Steve Bruce, I thought I heard stuff about him managing manu too. And sometime in the future I would really like for Roy Keane to manage Manchester United

O' Neill doesn't attack, he counter attacks, and only counter attacks.

Yes, I can see Rafa having great success at Liverpool, winning trophies already in his first few seasons.

PS: Big team managers should have arrogance? That's quite a very flawed concept.

Hah Plastic, I think it's more of an entertainment thing. Look at what an excellent public figure Jose Mourinho was.

Damn

Despite the 4-2 win over Derby in the league cup, the injury list is piling.

soccernet said:
Manchester United limped into the Carling Cup final on Tuesday night, with Rafael ruled out for a month and Anderson taken to hospital for x-rays on a serious-looking leg injury.

United's 4-2 second-leg triumph over Derby County confirmed a Wembley date - almost certainly with Tottenham Hotspur - on March 1. But it is Saturday's meeting with Spurs in the FA Cup that will concern Ferguson most as he copes with a massive injury crisis.

Aside from Anderson, carried off after the final whistle, and Rafael - who hobbled off just before half-time with a torn hamstring - Nani, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs all failed to complete the full 90 minutes.

While Jonny Evans did get to the final whistle, he was limping badly with an ankle injury.

"There are probably six or seven of them who have picked up injuries," confirmed Ferguson. "It has been a bad night in that respect.

"We finished with 10 men. But it was effectively nine, because Jonny was in great discomfort. We will just have to see what happens now."

my fellow Red Devils, all i can say now is, be prepared for whatever is going to come.

The reason why Man Utd is wat it is today is cuz of their brand of fast attacking football. That makes them exciting to watch thats why they got so many fans, remember those days of giggs & andrei on both flanks???

If capello were to be incharge, i think fans will be very pissed with the type of game we play because he builds from defence.

There are 2 types of coach, one is like martin o'neil n harry rednapp where they are excellent managers at small clubs and can make fringe player believe, but not handling STAR players who are spoilt is a different thing. Mourinho on the other hand is a master at that, you dont need to train ronaldo or young giggs or any new skillful player to be more skillful, they already possess the talent... You gotta manage them, n he is not afraid like fergie to bench or punish them n tell them whose boss.

The one man i really like to see back at the club is CANTONA. Its like maradona, the argentine team just wanna play n win for their 'god'. Eric has pretty gd results in his beach soccer coaching, but to do it week in and out is a doubt. But BPL could always use a personality like his.

ANother gd mgr but super forgotten wld be terry venables.

Then the BPL will be a circus, fueled by over zealous managers and cash rich club owners!

Honestly, I think this is a real possibly within 10 years, if this madness of Billionaires buying over every BPL club they can think of continues

This is quite a concern for United, well thats the downside of participating in lots of tournaments.

Lets see where we go from here and who is available for the next outing.

I think that they're jus unlucky, if u look at Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelski, they also participate in the same number of tourneys but without the same number of injuries. Its down to luck and the team u play against. IMHO Avram Grant did a super job to save Chelski's season last time around, might he be the one for Man U? I hope so hahahahaha.

More like the one and only to replace Rafa cause just look at his face so ugly and boring.Destined to be the next occupant the Antfield.

Back