Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

metalhead1993 - u ATTACKING HERE ALONE? WAHHAAAA

OK I'm your back up here ..... :mrgreen:

Aiya, both sides only needed a draw to continue to the knockout stages.............Fergie isn't as stupid as to go for an all-out win and get players tired for the BPL, i'm sure all the Man U fans will agree that a 0-0 draw was a win-win situation for both clubs.

thats all i can say....

whats the score for arsenal's game and at what minute was it scored?

arsenal seems like they are crumbling are their wild and lose captain Gallas Cowboys and they look like they are showing signs of pressure and struggle.the way Man Utd played was very conservative and smart.

Dime: well said.

anyway, its the Manchester Derby this weekend, Fergie wouldn't want to risk anymore injuries to his players.

arsenal can wait another decade more to sniff the title.

btw. what the hell.. arsenal, chelsea, liverpool, villa, everton, ALL played away from home. whats next? man city away, then later theres HARRY REDKNAPPS tottenham away.

ALL THE FREAKING TOUGH GAMES AWAY. good or bad? u decide

the next half of the season will be a breeze :mrgreen:

dudelove: im fine with all these away games now. cause during the final months of the season, the home games can make a BIG difference.

Lolz..............it'll be at where? Don't forget, Man City did the double over them last season, and their team has only gotten stronger, so i'd advice extreme caution for Fergie and Co. especially with Robinho in this kinda form. With the defence looking leaky in recent weeks, i wldn't bank on Man U keeping a clean sheet. But a win? That is most definitely a possibility.

I can only bid on a close win by United.1-0 would be a reasonable result and most fans would be satisfied with the result considering the form of Mark Hughes side.

Nothing less than a win is expected from the Devils up against their local rivals.It would be great to see Carlos Tevez starting to bag more goals.He really is missing alot lately and can anyone confirm with me that Real Madrid has expressed interest in Tevez as a replacement for ex-United hitman van Nistelrooy.I read from some article and was shocked.

It would be quite a disappoinment to see Tevez play for another team.

On topic,United to win by a one nil margin.

Tevez is DEFINITELY NOT the man to replace Ruud, he doesn't have the goalscoring prowess and predatory instincts to score an insane number of poacher's goals. He'll be more effective behind a true goalpoacher like Huntelaar or Ruud himself, providing the service and occasionally popping a few goals in. Mark Hughes side are extremely incinsistent and Fergie will be banking on that. I think it'll be a thrilling draw, 2-2 or 3-3.

I agree with everything u just said, loldude. Both about tevez and a thrilling match. Just that I think if either side wins it will be by an extravagant score like 5-3 or something.

Damn funny rooney and fergie insulting man city in the papers.

RUUD can never be replaced, okay maybe he can be.

and yeah, i agree that tevez ISN'T a star-striker, he is very much a supporting one.. and sometimes a super-sub like OLE! but not so these days. haiz. i guess he is conflicted with all the rumours and news about his future at Old Trafford.

scoreline-wise, very possible. but, as my friend said, ManUtd should prevent city from scoring first as city tends to open the floodgates once they score the first goal.

AND, im sure this will be more exciting then the london derby thats taking place too.. :twisted:

i nvr liked ruud. he always slowed down the build up of a high octane counter attack. so i didnt miss him when he left.

tevez is always trying too hard nowadays. i guess he's really desperate to show he's a worthy competitor to rooney and berbatov. i think sir alex ferguson should drop rooney for one match. rmb what happened in october when he did that? rooney came back banging goals like no ones business.

tevez is always trying too hard nowadays. i guess he's really desperate to show he's a worthy competitor to rooney and berbatov. i think sir alex ferguson should drop rooney for one match. rmb what happened in october when he did that? rooney came back banging goals like no ones business.

same thoughts about tevez.

and rooney is also trying too hard imo.. ever since scoring his 99th goal for man utd, he has been very desperate for his 100th. even resorting to diving during the villareal match.

Latest posts

Back