Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

We'll see abt that.............but really Man U shld've done the uglier thing and tightened the screw in midfield much more, then Fabregas wld've had no joy. Rooney's miss was extremely telling, and Gary Neville shld never ever return to the starting lineup again, his days are numbered..............numbered a big fat ZERO. Too bad abt Rafael's goal........most Man U fans might forget that. But he's really really good, if he continues to start Man U can probably find their best form again.

ahh yes.. gary neville gots to buck up.. imo if he had recovered from his injury last season, his situation, form wouldn't be so bad. well, what to do..

"Rafael good sia!".. thats the most common thing i heard the past 2 days. and i'd say its half true. attacking-wise, he brings alot of options, but he is still lacking defensively. he is a right-back afterall. but, recently attacking fullbacks been the flavour, and if this continues, rafael will continue to strive..

and is it just me or that the way rafael's been playing reminds me of evra when he first entered man utd, wihch is sucks defensively but amazing in attack.

Heh........when Evra entered he jus sucked. Only last season when Heinze left did he begin to revel in his regular role. Rafael is ok defensively, jus that he needs to concentrate instead of ball-watch sometimes.

loldude333: actually ah.. you right ah. evra sucked ah back then. i was one of those that really didn't like him. but now, evra is one of the most hardworkiong players in the team. second to park tho..

he's 18. he has still plenty plenty of time to improve.

hows fabio da silva? he's having some shoulder thingy now right? do any of u know if he's a carbon copy of rafael? if he is our future is certainly bright.

Cole calls time on career

Ex-Red Andy Cole has announced his retirement from football, bringing down the curtain on a 19-year career.

Cole enjoyed spells with 13 clubs including Arsenal, Newcastle United, Blackburn Rovers, Manchester City and Nottingham Forest, where sadly his career came to an end not befitting his impresssive contribution to the game.

"It's not the ideal ending," Cole told The Times. "It just wasn't working out. I told them from the outset that I didn't want to go there to sit on the bench because I didn't want to be perceived as sitting back and making easy money."

Despite the slightly sour taste of his career's final act, Cole has plenty to look back on and feel proud about. "I wouldn't change a thing. I've lived the dream," he said.

Undoubtedly his most successful spell came during his six trophy-laden years at Old Trafford, where he won five Premier League titles, two FA Cups and a Champions League winners medal as part of 1999's famous Treble.

He served as United's no.9 with distinction, scoring 121 goals in 275 appearances. In his first season following a then-record £6.25million transfer from Newcastle, Cole scored five goals in the 9-0 rout of Ipswich Town at OT - still an individual and team best in the Premier League.

Cole left United in December 2001, and understandably did not scale the heights he had with the Reds. However, he did score the winning goal for Blackburn in the 2002 Worthington Cup final at the Millennium Stadium.

The 37-year-old has already been tipped to pursue a coaching career. Blackburn are reported to have expressed an interest in giving him his break behind the scenes.

-ManUtd.com

he's 18. he has still plenty plenty of time to improve.

hows fabio da silva? he's having some shoulder thingy now right? do any of u know if he's a carbon copy of rafael? if he is our future is certainly bright.

he is, and i reckon he might be better.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?p...&bioid=93372&teamid=458&section=playerProfile

Fabio da Silva is a left-sided defender but, like his twin brother Rafael, loves to get forward.

Spotted in 2005 by Les Kershaw, then United's Academy manager, while playing for Fluminense in a Hong Kong youth tournament, it wasn't long before the Reds came knocking.

Fabio has already proved his potential on the youth international stage. He captained and top-scored in the Under-17 World Cup finals in Korea in 2007.

FIFA's official website heaped praise on the teenager after their game against Ghana. "Brazil's calm and intricate build-up play was impressive to behold as the imperious Fabio pulled the strings."

It's that kind of promise that has got Sir Alex waxing lyrical about the Brazilian pair. "It's a typical Brazilian situation," he says. "They just love playing. They're quick and they're determined. I think they're both excellent footballers, I really do."

many stories i've read, fabio seems to better than his brother. and he is kinda dangerous from distance too..

and even FM08 agrees that fabio is better than rafael if it means anything.

okay awesome stuff. they should be wingers imo. if the 2 of them play together they might leave the team pretty prone to counter attacks.

now i know how arsenal fans feel when they have so many exciting young prospects. i'm especially jealous they have carlos vela

now i know how arsenal fans feel when they have so many exciting young prospects. i'm especially jealous they have carlos vela

spot on dudelove. :) I know i'd probably get slaughtered for posting this since this is a manu thread... BUT SAMIR NASRI FTW! WOOW!

in case anyone didn't remember. 5-nil agianst stoke.

2 wonderful ronaldo freekicks opened and closed the scoring.

plus a cracker of a shot from youngster welbeck.

Haha thank you indeed...........i watched the Man U game and was expecting Stoke to hold out...........but nooo........Ronaldo was tooooooo good....2 magnificent free kicks and wellbeck.........darn man...........but it's ok, a win is a win, no matter by how many.

whoah i'm grateful for a draw. thank goodness liverpool, chelsea and arsenal all slipped up..

that was one very tough match.

Latest posts

Back