Manchester United 2008-2009 Season Thread

Hmm...So you guys unanimously agree that the signing of David Silva would be a good move for Utd?

I don't know much about the player that's why i'm curious to know you guys' thoughts on him.

Oh yeah, how is Obertan fitting into the squad?

He didnt even feature on the bench during the Asian Tour due to some injury.So dont really know much about him.

first it's silva, now they claim to be interested in villa as well, or so says the newspaper. either way, i'll be glad if one, or better still both, will join man utd :D

David Villa joining Man Utd will be awesome. Imagine Rooney, Owen, Berbatov, Macheda, Villa. What a strike force. :p

Hmmm...But I thought that though we were keen on David Villa, he was moving elsewhere instead?

Hmm...Aiya, David Villa, David Silva. Bring both Davids to Old Trafford la!

SAF isnt keen on breaking the bank to get Villa and he himself doesnt wanna move from Spain.

Talking about Obertan's age,Silva is only 23.Just 3 year difference and he's more valued that Obertan.

Eh FGL D! Early morning also still wanna tekan me ah? Summore on Man Utd thread ah?

Go back to your ARSE thread la! :mrgreen:

Oh no guys. This ain't good news. :(

- taken off manutd.com

"The Reds have been dealt a blow ahead of the new season after United confirmed that Edwin van der Sar has been sidelined for the start of the 2009/10 campaign.

The 38-year-old Dutch goalkeeper has this week undergone surgery on a broken finger and bone in his left hand, and will be out for up to eight weeks.

Van der Sar suffered the injury saving a penalty from Danijel Pranjic in United's 7-6 shoot-out defeat to Bayern Munich in the pre-season Audi Cup tournament in Germany.

The prognosis means that van der Sar won't be back to full fitness until the end of September, and therefore unlikely to be available for selection till either the Arsenal match on Saturday 29 August, or against Tottenham Hotspur a fortnight later after the international break.

It is frustrating news for Sir Alex, especially as van der Sar was so important to United's defensive solidarity last season. However, Ben Foster signed a new contract in July and Sir Alex said at the time that "he is seen as one of the best young goalkeepers in England and we genuinely see him as a successor to Edwin."

^

4156_179250675164_736260164_6844-1.gif

Reactions: fgl
dropping by to say...

manures sucks!!!!!!

Say what you wanna say, jealous boy.

At least I'm not supporting a team that hasn't won the bloody 1st division league cup since it changed it's name to the Premier League Cup some 16 years ago.

Tsk tsk.

WAH RYAN! You're da bomb, man!! WOO!

I'm upping your points too! God knows you deserve it!

To all Loserfool fans that post here :

Please don't be a jackass here on the Man Utd thread & more importantly, don't kid yourself when U brag about your god-forsaken team.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back