Locals with NICE TONE.

HaHAAHHAHHAH BASKET... gd one.. hahahahha

i saw Fretless(james bay) play once also... he sounded very good.. playing some insane speed metal stuff on a lespaul .. wtf??? 8O

Vaiyen Paul Daniel not from Axe Minister but from MOR..

i like his tone too..for single coil it rips..
another is Rosli from Reha i believe..

for metal my vote goes to dethmute...
i cant mention others coz..i dont frequent gigs nowadays...

Who did we miss? Hmm Justin Ho. I guess he dont gig enough nowdays. Hes got a modified strat with a humbucker up the neck, single coil ala. bell tone coil, and another humbucker on the bridge. Sansamp GT2 for distortion. Sweet lil thing.

oh ya.. i forgot.. randolf has excellent tone. plugging into 8 pedals without noise, sounding different with picks of different gauges, using the proper effects for the proper tunes... just blew me away at TAGS.

livideye said:

I think Iswadi AKA Cavett formerly of TC has a great tone.

Hahaha.. Thanks... U shld post some of ur works as well too u know.. :wink:

ChanMin said:
nanoshred , dhaliff , slowish , simon , Cavett , 3notesabar , fatskunks(as a whole band) ... theres many more... but cant think of em right now.

Thanks man.. I'm a fan of ur guitar work as well..

GrimBrody said:
dude!! formerly of terminal cry?! wat happened?

Loong and hard decision.. But the band is still ard though so dont u worry.. :wink:

There r many locals with great tone IMO.. Just as theres many great local bands too..

:twisted:

Although there's much talk abt 'local band' guitarists not paying attention to tone, even Softies' opinion on what's good tone varies drastically! One man's meat, another man's poo.
:roll:

thor666 said:
oh ya.. i forgot.. randolf has excellent tone. plugging into 8 pedals without noise, sounding different with picks of different gauges, using the proper effects for the proper tunes... just blew me away at TAGS.

+1 to Randolf, you guys should hear him play. SUPERB TONE..

i like the clean strat funk tone of the guitarist of "funk o' 5", that band that played at 3rd place the other day.. hes very good.

and bassists, i quite like the clean bass tone of shaun from crossbred.

Latest posts

Back