Help pls If this strat is authentic

Myxxe

hey pls I need help asap if this strat is authentic, as I'm going to buy it today.
Im just a little skeptical cause the fender logo on the headstock looks like a sticker. Thanks
http://www.guitargasing.com/apps/photos ... d=11074974

I trust the seller as he seems kind and reliable. But just want to be safe.

Ok. However the serial number is SN8958520, and the guitar dater says it's made in 1998.
Is there a mistake here? Cause he says it's 1989

Just checked with him and it's a 1998 strat. Hope it was an honest mistake..
Bummed that he wouldn't lower the price so kinda wasted a whole trip.

Hub4thailand is very trustworthy dude.
Errrrmmm. Lower the price? Just me but I can't stand those who try to bargain at the last minute. If you can't afford it, don't buy it man.

Dude... The serial number will not lie if it is real. Plus, he could have made a typo error and unintentionally inverse the two numbers..

Its not that im bargaining last minute. Its just that because to me, a 98 strat is worth less than a 89 strat.
I understand its an honest mistake, and it wasnt a typo. Just misinterpretation of serial numbers.

Just checked with him and it's a 1998 strat. Hope it was an honest mistake..
Bummed that he wouldn't lower the price so kinda wasted a whole trip.

Aeh, first of all, Lower the Price?! can you please respect the prices other people put up?! what do you expect him to lower his price based on your nitpick?! It really is offensive when there are people like you asking to lower the price upon meet ups or straight off the bat. if he did say it was nego then I don't have anything to say. but other than that if the price was clearly stated, Respect the seller and deal. otherwise, save yourself the trouble and don't waste our time.

Im just a little skeptical cause the fender logo on the headstock looks like a sticker.

Do some research on Fender. The logo is based off the vintage Fender Stratocaster made in the early days (50s - 60s). All vintage strats have the decal without laquer over it until 1968.

Eric Clapton's signature stratocaster is based on a 50's Stratocaster so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a decal without laquer over.

When in doubt, go check the models at Swee Lee.

ok guys can stop flaming him alr...think he got the point. i've dealt with hub b4. still own the guitar i relieved him of. he always deals at his place and convenience so the only one wasting his time really is the TS. no real lost to hub really.

hey u are really annoying first of all you post in fender usa forum then you post here asking the same question whats the problem you can ask me direct right? claptons are water mark decal in that era, what the hack man why dont you tell everyone how much you offer me, if your cant afford it dont buy it. I have 2 claptons i got mix up with the one i sold awhile ago heres the link, so thats why the 89 and 98 mixup
http://www.guitargasing.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=7652757

Last edited:
hehe, how much was the offer?

low baller must be insulted, stepped on and passed over! Give them a chance to be be screwed!

+1 to this... especially if you are dealing with established softies... please do your homework before you try your smarty pant shenanigans..

not only is this sorta thing unnecessarily insulting... it's also an immensely unnecessary waste of time..

Okay people. I think the TS got the point here...
Moral of the story: clarify any details with the seller prior to posting up anything online...

Aeh, first of all, Lower the Price?! can you please respect the prices other people put up?! what do you expect him to lower his price based on your nitpick?! It really is offensive when there are people like you asking to lower the price upon meet ups or straight off the bat. if he did say it was nego then I don't have anything to say. but other than that if the price was clearly stated, Respect the seller and deal. otherwise, save yourself the trouble and don't waste our time.

TS stated that he valued a 1989 guitar to be more than a 1998 guitar. Thats why he ask for the price to be lowered.
I'm sure he wanted to use that amount/price to pay for a 1989 guitar.
Hope that things are clearer.
Cheers

TS stated that he valued a 1989 guitar to be more than a 1998 guitar. Thats why he ask for the price to be lowered.
I'm sure he wanted to use that amount/price to pay for a 1989 guitar.
Hope that things are clearer.
Cheers

Agreed! peace everyone~

Latest posts

Back