Guitar shop at peninsula plaza

uzzo88 said:
i dun think u were cheated by swee lee.. for $99 bucks you just got yourselff a squier bullet special..do some research b4 you post.. well.i'm interested in the pickguard.. u wanna let go?? hehe

no but the thing is not the $99. they put the damn pic of a standard strat but gave the bullet

Hey! mine looks exactly like yours expect mine is sunburst.

I am actually looking for an ibanez Goth Lespaul but its too expensive.

I am still quite new so i dont know much about brands and stuff and i'm just checking out online.

I am actually- erm, a girl, so my taste is kinda different, i either go for white or black, or something beige? i dont know, its kinda hard to find cause lespauls are usually red?

i seriously need some help.

The heart-breaking part is when I tired my friends fender MIM strat... equip with hot rod... and compared it to my guitar...

But one thing is certain, the player plays a greater part than the gear... few mths ago my strat copy sounds like shit but then now it sounds better maybe cos my playing improves... but still it ain't good...

oh yeah, shit i got mixed up, its epiphone :p sorry, paiseh.

anyway, i'm just really browsing through, i don't even think my dad will get me one, i'm still quite young actually, i only started last year. but i have some music background and i learn pretty fast, i can do a couple of solos here and there.

I am starting to save up, but still not enough money! why is money such a headache.

Don't worry about the brand... u may wanna try getting an establish or trusted brand like ibanez, yamaha... the others like fender and gibson are more ex...

Haha... in fact I have a black ibanez guitar...

Be warned man, LP are heavy... I tried b4... but they look nice and the sound is more warmth no twangy stuff...

:) thanks for all the help really. Much appreciated.

i shall shop around before deciding again- cause my budget is below 700, i know its very little but can't be helped, i'm just a secondary school kid! :D

Not bad already lah... make do with ur guitar first loh... it would be cool to make that strat sound great all thru the player skills...

tany: Yo bro... the pickup height for the neck and mid pickup are low cos I want them to sound melow and soft and have an acoustic feel... and the bridge pickup is high cos to have a louder and more define sound... all part of my friends set-up... so it sounds not too bad actually... cheaper version as oppose to change pickups just to improve sound... thanks for highlighting it though...

:) Im trying to ask around and stuff.
I dont think i'll get one this year, earliest will be december?

I think i will save the Les Paul for some other time if i can't get it now, cause actually before i knew i was conned(f-ing hell) i wanted to get a acoustic plug-in? yeah:)

chill - student musicians never had it easy..

and don't rush into buying your next guitar. the main thing now is at least you still have one to practice on. an lp can never sound like a strat and so on.. so you gotta decide which way of the tonal spectrum you wanna go.

come to think of it, i had a schoolmate with a blue santa'fe guitar.. hah! tried it one day. needless to say it felt like crap to play. still remember him bragging or something that the brand was better than fender cos santa'fe owned fender.. or something like that.. hah!

700 is a pretty decent budget already. look around for them value for money buys - which imho come mainly from ibanez and yamaha. my recommendation - my very own Ibanez SA260.. hah! cost me 600.

well there are always end of year sales. so.. like they say. patience is a virtue, seldom in a woman, never in man. hah!

regards

IMO, if you want a Les Paul sound without the Les Paul shape, the Ibanez SZ is the way to go.

Mahogany body, standard flat back unlike its S cousin which some may find a bit too thin, set neck (most units that I tried out were so flawless in finish that one might mistake it to be a neck through, plus the heel is awesome), Duncan-Ibanez stock pickups that are above average, all for slightly over 700 if you don't get it at a sale. :D

alternatively, get a strat :D a MIJ strat, probably 2nd hand one, but those play well, and last a pretty long time. in any case, u've found soft.com.sg, it wouldnt be a problem finding help now :D

p.s. mij strats usually cost aroun 800 brand new, 600 to 700 2nd hand if im not wrong.

Yes, you'd do well to check out the second hand stuffs, lots of great deals there.
Remember to check out the condition and see whether EVERYTHING is up to your liking though.

Overpriced, Cheap construction, Doesen't last, Crappy tone, definitely machine made. Besides, anyone even heard of Santa'fe on a professional commercial scale before?

Even a samick strat, $150 can outperform the cheapest offering of Santa'fe ($225) with ample room to spare.

Back