Guitar shop at peninsula plaza

BF109E said:
The shop on the second level at Peninsula Shopping Centre is owned by Dan Enterprise. Can't remember the shop name though. Dan Enterprise is also a guitar shop that is located on Level 4, #04-35, of the same shopping centre. Dan is the owner and he also does repairs on guitars, and used to have a studio up there. However, it's been a while since I have gone upstairs. Wonder whether the shop is still there.

Ashleigh Musical Instruments? Or something like that... :lol:

Ashleigh... hahahaha

Owned by that really huge guy? The shop that brings in Ebenezers and wierd ass "butterfly acrylic" guitars, and the Strat copies.

They have a pretty decent YJM copy for $240. Scalloped neck. Too bad they aren't bringing it in anymore.

They lied to me about that one, the YJM copy. Said he could bring in one for me in a few weeks or something. Went back after, told me he lost the dealership, can't bring in. Joke man. Anyway that was a couple years back or so, and now i've got my strat so i ain't gonna complain anymore :D

ashleigh?

had a real bad experience there.kind of weird people.ya guys should try to check out that jammin studio which is part of ashleigh and its at the top floor at the back.the advert is on the doors of ashleigh and Dan Enterprise check it out.supposedly its like only a few dollars per hour..be warned:prepare for a fight..haha

afterdeath said:
seem like davis also got kind souls......

:twisted:

Joseph is a nice guy too, modest and soft-spoken. I always approach him for stuff but problem is he always went for reservist.....haha think he sign on reservist. :lol:

omg, you know what, i feel like such a nut head right now.

I bought this santa'fe guitar around end of last year, i was just pretty new to it so my dad decided to get me a electric, so we looked at the newspaper and they were having this thing going on at peninsula shopping centre so we decided to check it out.

We got to the 2nd floor and found the shop (the one that cheats people, but we didn't know) and the guy was really nice to us and everything, So my dad decided to buy it from him..

When i got home, at first i was really quite happy, but i was a noob so i dont know much, Until around beginning of this year- i sort of improved a lot, and my friends all said that my guitar was shit, i thought so too, cause- well, its really terrible!

And just now i was checking around online and i found this and i feel so cheated now!! omg, i really hate this guy now, cause i have to save up (AGAIN) to buy another guitar. But this time i'm going to buy an acoustic plug in, WITH advice first.

what's this guitar? dont worry, we all get cheated sometimes. like that time in kfc the auntie gave me a miserable small drumstick while my friend got a breast! :twisted:

anyway, i also got cheated by sweelee, the stupid $99 squier stratocaster which turned out to have nothing but a humbucker and a volume knob

the guitar is called santa'fe! omg i feel so terrible right now, cause i remembered back then i begged my dad like crazy to get me one and i get some lousy bang sai one.

i feel like jumping off the building, i gana con for one year and i dont know it. I should seriously get some other brand now, but fenders and gibsons are all so expensiveeeee.

Ya, dun worry about it, got this scout guy in previous sec sch(dunman) also got this guitar, I duno whether anyone told him about it yet though lo :) l

nope i dont have a picture of it but i really feel like slamming it against the wall.

its like so wasted can.

i paid around 300++ in total for BOTH THE AMP AND GUITAR. my dad actually thought he was a nice guy, and end of last year while i was doing some gig at some church, i met this old guy( he was playing too) and he saw my guitar and claimed that he was this cheater's friend. I think he was trying to hint to me they were no good cause he said something like "he always ask me to buy his guitars but i said- no.. i rather buy something else"

ALAMAK LAH.

I guess, but now i'm looking for a LesPaul guitar that isn't too pricy. Any good suggestions? Sigh, i told my dad about it and he just shook his head.

what's this guitar? dont worry, we all get cheated sometimes. like that time in kfc the auntie gave me a miserable small drumstick while my friend got a breast!

anyway, i also got cheated by sweelee, the stupid $99 squier stratocaster which turned out to have nothing but a humbucker and a volume knob
i dun think u were cheated by swee lee.. for $99 bucks you just got yourselff a squier bullet special..do some research b4 you post.. well.i'm interested in the pickguard.. u wanna let go?? hehe

Luther has an epiphone les paul standard guitar going for 599 bucks.

Or maybe you can ask nitrovo about his craftman les paul :)

WHOA... and I thought I was the only one getting cheated down here...

I too got the same guitar (red strat) by santa'fe... the guy was nice and friendly especially to noobs like me... I bought the guitar along with a marshall 15 watt amp... at least the amp is cool...

He actually picked the guitar and hand it to me on the spot... by scrutinising I find some parts not finished properly (frets side of the neck...etc) and had him bring me a new piece... I actually asked him to bring 5 such pieces and start checking... in the end I settle for the better one out of the lot which ain't too good...

I couldn't get the sound I wanted and had been tweaking it ever since. Firstly the pickups are weak, the nobs are not sensitive and the humming is a killer. When I gain confident and began operating on the guitar looking thru the cavity... I was shocked to see how the wood internally had chip and the how shabby the internal wiring was done...

What I did was had an experience friend set-up for me (adjusting the pickups height, straighten the neck and intonate it) then I get a sd-1 and make the sound fatter... now dunno shld change pickups or leave it...

Anyway the the strat copy do have the twangy sound and I suspect the guy bluff me when he say it was made of alder... damn... I still dunno what wood it is... thus nv change pickups... in the end I got an ibanez...

or maybe hunt around for an Aria Lespaul. Those are pretty well built imho, my bro's plays very well (even b4 the mods).

also, two sec2 dudes from my sch (maris stella) also bought santa fe. lol, me and my friend who both use fenders, know abt the "cheaterness", but aiya, dun wan tell them, later their heart broken. they seem pretty proud of their guitars. poor dudes :S they would have been better off with some starter pack or something :(

newguy : maybe ditch that guitar? after all, u want something that will more or less last, and modding something that is well, sub-standard, isnt so worth it right? might as well mod ur ibanez, at least there is a basic quality level there.

Oh I got the pics to the santa'fe strat... here is mine

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

Latest posts

Back