Guitar shop at peninsula plaza

Cloudsky

Anyones knows about the guitar shop at Peninsula Plaza 2nd floor?
There's this dude selling his own brand of guitars called Santa fe'(i think)
He claims that his guitars are made in Korea.

My friend is planning to buy a bass guitar(399 bucks can play precision and ermm normal bass) and a Peal 15 watt bass amp from that shop.

My other friend is planning to buy an electric guitar(188 bucks) and a Peal 15 watt amp from that shop too.

Do you think they should go for it or what?

By the way is 15 watt bass amp decent enough for a jamming session?

No! lol! Don't buy from that shop..., don't get his amp or his guitars. Hes always trying to cheat newbies ( no offence ) ii remebered once my friend told me that the guy told him his sante'fe guitars are better than gibson or fender, when school holidays come , he will put special discounts and stuff for kids but its not worth it.. I think its better if u went to davis and get a guitar with an established brand. Get a guitar that u can always use when yr ability gets higher.

Davis guitar is the shop with all the weird guitars on display. See xiao ting tang and u got the shop. 8)

My goodness.....so what he said were lies? Damn, he looked very geninue....

Do you think the a Cort bass guitar(made in indonesia) or a fender squier bass is decent enuff?

my friends budget is pretty low like 400++ bucks.

Sigh...how sia now. We really trusted that dude...

should be...haha my friends and i have a nickname for that shop, "shitty guitar", once he caught one of my buds saying that his guitars were shitty and we argued with that dude for like a whole 10 min...very rude guy

you can maximize the $400 budget by acquiring used gear. if you insist on fresh stuff, try the Yamaha/ Squier/ Ibanez brands of entry level units which are more than decent to have.

ibanez has this petite starter bass amp, IBZ10B which is more than enough for home practise (& it's not even $200!!). they also have a very good range of mid-class bass amps from the Sound Wave series which i personally like- gives very clear midrange response.

i've recently tried the Ibanez GAXB, an entry-level unit no doubt but it's a breeze playing the shorter scale-length (30") & the bass is well made for the asking price. if you don't see it @ Swee Lee's bras basah showroom, it's still in stock. the quirk is that this bass has no tone control, in lieu of it is a 3-tone pre-set flick switch that eminates a very specific frequency scoop/ boost. you'd either like/ hate this kinda feature as it impedes versatility. for the rest of us it's ease of use. more importantly, try it before parting with cash. enough already, i'm not supposed to do a review here... 8)

519479.jpg

ok i ommitted this... :?

you should consider the Samick Greg Bennett design bass, particularly this Fairlane model, FN-1, depicted here. other players might have negative reservations for the Samick brand name, but not the GB design models. i've tried both the guitars & basses @ Davis, they are more than decent to own for starters. improvements can be seen in the construction & overall tone on offer, from other non-GB design Samick instruments.

oh the definite good news is, it's not even $300 off the shelf... :)
off the rack rather. good luck!

fairlaneimage6.jpg

Lol i will never forget this, which he said to me and my friend. "Fenders and Gibsons are SHIT, they put the prices so high, no use one, lousy guitars. My guitar (which is the SanteFe) will be better than Gibsons and Fenders one day."

HurHur.

With 400 you can get a decent bass. Try luther, or maybe Davis. Which is at the B1 of Peninsula Plaza i suppose. They've got lotsa better bass there, and cheap too. ^^ Good luck in your bass hunt. lol.

yeah...i remembered he tried to sell me his peal brand amps, which look like shit, don't sound decent enough, especially for the under 60watts, for like $400 (30watts). i balked at his price, and hell...he was like going on for a long time how the marshalls at Davis aren't as good as his peal amps... (lol...) and yeah...he did have the laney stack, which i have to admit is good, but i'm not sure about the price...2.3K?

he also tried to sell me his resonator guitars for $800 bucks? and he claimed that you can sell this in the UK/US for over 800 POUNDs..

yeah...good thing i din believe him..

mulyadi said:
yeah...i remembered he tried to sell me his peal brand amps, which look like shit, don't sound decent enough, especially for the under 60watts, for like $400 (30watts). i balked at his price, and hell...he was like going on for a long time how the marshalls at Davis aren't as good as his peal amps... (lol...) and yeah...he did have the laney stack, which i have to admit is good, but i'm not sure about the price...2.3K?

he also tried to sell me his resonator guitars for $800 bucks? and he claimed that you can sell this in the UK/US for over 800 POUNDs..

yeah...good thing i din believe him..

heh he told me his reson guitars are $900+...

I am actually kinda related to him in someway ( not my blood...this fat guy is alright just that he likes to cheat noobs...he assumes everyones a noob....next time bring joe satch or riki hendrix in :twisted: )...i know him but he doesn't know me...all he knows about me is that i like to mock him indirectly...like go there try his guitars and shit wah pedal that cost $90 and not buy a single thing.....so i will bring a friend and mess around with his guitars and play guns and roses ( this fat guy likes guns and roses...everytime in the shop playing the greatest hits CD ) and he will give that "despise" look and i will say something like , " hey thanks for everything i will buy it when i come back" haha.

Cloudsky said:
My goodness.....so what he said were lies? Damn, he looked very geninue....

Do you think the a Cort bass guitar(made in indonesia) or a fender squier bass is decent enuff?

my friends budget is pretty low like 400++ bucks.

Sigh...how sia now. We really trusted that dude...

yes its all lies...i advice you to go to Plaza SIng and visit music plaza...get a yamaha as its an established brand....whenever yr parts fall off , u can always go to beez and get it repaired. If the damage is bad u can pay $20 for consulation.

haha davis though they sell good guitars but beware of that old man hahah he sux to the max man hahaha his service is pure crap dun believe u can ask ppl arnd abt davis's service. Well unless i have no choice but to get stuff from there i wont even go there to get any stuff. Cus they are the official dealer for marshall amps and the satanas stuff

i'd suggest you start out with courtesy when visiting any guitar dealer. if your good act isn't reciprocated, then you have a very good ground to retort to. i've seen countless bad manners at guitar stores, most are really juvenile cases. i've nothing to say to this, hope they learn along the way.

i'm not defending any guitar dealers either, some of them are sheer rude & do not treat customers with due respect especially when the customers are more knowledgeable than them. i nearly punched one in the face... enough already :evil:

that old man @ Davis helped me carry my amp to the taxi stand, it was a good gesture many here don't see. i hope this puts things in perspective.

ok let's not hijack the thread too much 8)

my god ... ! if not for this forum .... I wouldn't have known what happen ... I even brought my drumset there ... it cost me around 1 k man ... I think after I save enough money I go and buy a new set ... and he told me his is custom made ... I should not have believe him ... I regret buyng he set ... he even condamn good brands like Tama, Pearl and even brand his is the best around which is cheap ... but until I saw the drums around town ... I regret ... my god ...

SoAp88 said:
my god ... ! if not for this forum .... I wouldn't have known what happen ... I even brought my drumset there ... it cost me around 1 k man ... I think after I save enough money I go and buy a new set ... and he told me his is custom made ... I should not have believe him ... I regret buyng he set ... he even condamn good brands like Tama, Pearl and even brand his is the best around which is cheap ... but until I saw the drums around town ... I regret ... my god ...

aiyo wasted. Hmm if u need any advice on any equipment its best to post in this forum. 8)

So far, I was met with quality customer service in Davis(my friend knew nuts about bass but the old dude explained to him the features and demo'ed for him) , swee lee@bras brasah (the young dude was really friendly and gave plenty of valuable advice ,he even talked about how his band managed to gather enough money to buy their equipement.) and even that conman shop.

Any good 200 bucks amp to recommend for normal electric guitar? Thanks alot guys :D

if it's for home practice then the Ibanez Tone Blaster (TB15) series is recommended. do not expect anything spectacular from this one, best supplemented by pedals...

also check out the entry-level Marshall MG series/ Peavey Rage... to get best value for $$$, check out used units also.

erm can help a noob here !

hiya guys !

erm i want buy bass guitar but dunno wad are e knobs on e guitar used for ... can explain to noob here ? :lol: :lol:

thanks !

p.s any good bass guitar tt can like use for blues and rock ? whats terms like percision bass and overdrive and distortion >? complete noob here !!

hmm knobs are for the volume tone bass treble stuff tats all nothin much abt them.haha FEnders are qutie versatile yea best is to try out on the bass first. Yamahas bass are goin on offers now at music plazas

Latest posts

Back