Guitar shop at peninsula plaza

Re: .

fgl said:
Jumbofret (my fav kind..) :lol:

Body 3 or 4 pc JELUTONG...i.e local wood - definately not alder....
Body is slightly thinner than tex/us strat...but very close to squier afinity series. Same goes as bridge...

jelutong...??

isnt tt the cheap kind of wood our D & T teacher let us play around with.....?

maybe tts y the solid top acoustic he trying to sell me cost only $60 bucks..... wow..

Re: .

ob said:
jelutong...??

isnt tt the cheap kind of wood our D & T teacher let us play around with.....?

maybe tts y the solid top acoustic he trying to sell me cost only $60 bucks..... wow..

yah lah basket..jelutong is used to make toys and guitars are not toys man.

the reason they don't use swimming pool style routing for higher end guitars is because......

People want guitars with good tonewoods because it'll influence the tone, so when you take a huuuuuge chunk of wood away from the body like that, and around the pickups no less... it'll definitely influence the tone, and not in a good way....

A good compromise would be a H-S-H routing found in Mexican strats - you can change to S-S-H or S-S-S easily. If i'm not wrong all Mex strats come in only 1 H-S-H routing irregardless of what's on the pickguard.

i don't actually agree that swimming pool routing kills tone. it's a matter of where the holes are on the guitar, how that particular wood resonates, and dependent on the relative neck/body weight factors. and in particular, how much "dead spots" there are on the guitar, both the neck & the body.

My guitar is a Behringer Strat... Comes as a package, the amp's definitely a keeper. This will be my guinea pig for experiments... haha

The shielding was for the hum-reduction I did sometime ago...

i dun understand how wood affects tone.. even after going thru tons of info on it... especially for strats.. when the pickup has no contact to the woood at all and vibrations can be transmitted thru pigckguard?? so lil' like dat can affect tone..
but one thing i do agree on is..hmmm.. strats twang.. les pauls bang.. and rgs hmm sorta in the middle..hahaha

Haha I don't really think it affects it that much, some luthiers and guitar building hobbyists told me that when I asked them about swimming pool routing.... Ibanez actually uses that as the basis of their S-series guitars too.......

behringer?oh...tt was the older 1 right?the new is UGLY..hehe...dont look like strat at all...yeah the amp's gd i heard...it's GM108 right?
ther's the AC 108..about the same price...at the behringer website the AC is actually cheaper...
n it's tube..hehe...
i may be getting tt after getting my guitar...

Yup, it's the GM108... Good for an analog modelling amp :)

I think it's the older one, I bought my guitar sometime ago haha...

I don't really play guitar for now, cos I am too busy :(
But I will probably resume in the future!

uzzo88 said:
i dun understand how wood affects tone..

uzzo, there is a difference. The way the string vibrates will change acccording to the wood type used as well. The pickup will sense this. And that is why you hear the difference.

Back