AFF Suzuki Cup 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to see us go out this way but congrats to Vietnam, they really played well and deserved the win.

imo the play acting by many of the vietnamese is just plain shameful.. i was quite happy to see the singapore team not putting the ball out of play whenever one of their players went down.

4mins past in injury time their goalkeeper still has the nerve to go down like that.

Yes I agree with this time wasting tactic of the Vietnamese. Just a soft push and they lay on the ground like someone just threw a rock at them. Even the ref is unconvinced.

dudelove: Yea even though tats a disgrace, but teams do that often whenever they are leading..not uncommon..

agreed. its just disgusting lah.. not being a sore loser but if i were a vietnamese supporter i'd be quite embarrased

faizal, u didnt go to the stadium to watch???

well, at least singapore can boast abt having a rory delap..

those long throws were impressive

+1.
i was like,woah!!!
even though spore lost,they put up a great fight.
tats a good thing!!!:D

and viet could win the oscar for their acting

omg.... noh alam shah... should have put in at least one goal... my goodness. too much of a showman..Shi Jia yi's crosses were disgraceful. Might as well put someone from secondary school soccer team and cross it in. most of them didnt even have the height! Spore should have won. Vietnam was definitely pressurized under spore crowd.
Ismail Yunoes, yes... veryyyy disappointing.

Well done, Singapore... Although they lost, they still put up a great fight... Vietnamese will definitely do well in Hollywood.... Shahril Ishak = superb!

dudelove: I would love to be there but I have to go to work early tmr morning, hence, sleeping early.

retardedrummer: I agree NAS should have just played it straightfoward and not do anything acrobatic. Ismail Yunos shouldn't be blamed, imo. We have to blame ourselves for not scoring goals while dominating the 1st half.

dudelove: I would love to be there but I have to go to work early tmr morning, hence, sleeping early.

lemme guess, u predicted s'pore was going to win, so u assumed that u'd have to go for post match celebrations, hence assuming that going to the match would make u get home late? :mrgreen:

true true that we didnt put in goals the first half. well we didnt for the second half too. just a little less chances for the second half. But should have put in at least ONE. AT LEAST ONE!!
NAS... disappointing la. Shi Jia Yi too. Shahril ishak did well and so did riduan...

dudelove: I was predicting it would go into extra time and penalty shootout. So I was wrong. Hahaha.

retardedrummer: True, some players are just not up to the mark. Could it be becos we missed key players like Khairul Amri, Wilko, Fazrul Nawaz, Duric? Possibly yes.

Now that this is over,time to concentrate on the Asian Cup 2011 Qualifiers, starting next mth :)

i think yeaa john wilkonson is good. should have played.... o mann. im so sad... o wells. disappointing. Should watch girls soccer;) lol. jk la.

such a bitter disappointment.had this one written down as a win for Singapore but big bucks goes to the bookies.

i'll be interesting to see how singapore pick themselves up from here and what they provide the press after the exit.

spore missed duric strength and aerial ability.
ismail yunos is going to be called rory delap of spore from now on.
ridhuan would be my man on the match,
he provided potential 'assists' but spore lack the final touch.
just dissapointed spore lost.=(

i dunno wat raddy was thinkng when he set the tactics to play "long ball". . omg. . tink wat? sg = liverpool ah?? even lfc dun play long balls anymore. . raddy always tot dat can capitalise on weak defenses. . come on lah, the way sg play is like so predictable alr. . even if we get to the final (via set piece, long ball), we will surely get mauled by the thais!
for god's sake, thai got peter reid, n wat do we have? raddy? we need a change of playing style. . bring in more aggression, bring in more discipline, bringin more open play!!!

till then, sg football will always be, "all hype, no results". . .

+1. Peter Reid is a few classes above Raddy. Reid is a manager with Premier League experiences. IMHO, if Singapore want to achieve more, they should hire a better coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back