AFF Suzuki Cup 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
utter disappointment. fair play to vietnam they were great, but it is just so disappointing when you know you could have it so much more.

no complains though. the deliveries today were great. shahril and ridhuan were superb on the flanks. just lacking the final touch. NAS doesnt look match fit. agu holds the ball well, but he looks tired. i think because he has since played all 4 games straight since duric is out. indra never looked the same since his injury.

i wanted to relive that moment where we lifted the cup in front of our fans when we beat indonesia in the old tiger cup 05, unforgettable scenes. but i guess ill have to wait a few more years. :(

Aiya.. Whatever it is. Bottom line, its so so so so disappointing. Haha. Be it manager or players, both let singapore down as a team. Some did well individually. Soccer=team sport. so o wells. awesome was the singapore crowd! haha. atmosphere alw damn funny after the game... all the car and motorcycles horning to a particular and famous beat. and everyone will shout "BU....")" hahaha...

well to the ignorance of the vietnamese fans its much more fun to taunt them with those words.recalled my visit there when singapore played friendly.endless taunting to the away fans.

singapore should breed more native talents.considering our small population opening an academy to the public could prove instrumental for future plans.

i dunno wat raddy was thinkng when he set the tactics to play "long ball". . omg. . tink wat? sg = liverpool ah?? even lfc dun play long balls anymore. . raddy always tot dat can capitalise on weak defenses. . come on lah, the way sg play is like so predictable alr. . even if we get to the final (via set piece, long ball), we will surely get mauled by the thais!
for god's sake, thai got peter reid, n wat do we have? raddy? we need a change of playing style. . bring in more aggression, bring in more discipline, bringin more open play!!!

till then, sg football will always be, "all hype, no results". . .

im sorry but i gotta disagree with you. you have no idea what raddy brings to this spore team. you surely must have forgotten spore won the previous 2 asean cup, under Raddy. and raddy is the first coach to lead spore to the 3rd round of the the world cup qualifiers. before, we got whipped by msia 4-0. now, we are asean powerhouses alongside thailand.

whatever he did, when he decides to step down, he will leave behind a solid foundation for the next coach to take over and that is more than good enough for me. but you gotta admit the long-ball tactics are suitable to spore because we have taller and more physical players, unlike the normal smaller asean teams. its just that for this tournament, vietnam had a better gameplan and that is why they won.

"-probably not although I would love to see us retain it for the 3rd consecutive time..

Thailland, with all its political turmoil, might have the extra push factor to win it.We should never also forget Vietnam,a regional powerhouse in its own right.-"

qouted by yours truly on 4th Dec 2008...

Did anyone know what happened after the match outside the national stadium? I saw people running towards the Vietnam exit. I thought there was a fight or something when I saw police and people running around.

Back to the match.. IMO Singapore played really well and out shined the Viets. A pity they couldn't find the net. There were many open goal chances but we just have to miss them. But I'm impressed with the viet's passing.

Raddy and the team deserves our full support. we played well! just couldnt find the back of the net. GO LIONS!!!

Yeah, Singapore played well. Credit to them. Vietnam, on their part, were relentless, though. And maybe, they deserved their win and the slot in the Final.

I back Thailand to win this year's tournament. :)

Did anyone know what happened after the match outside the national stadium? I saw people running towards the Vietnam exit. I thought there was a fight or something when I saw police and people running around.

i saw like,most of those mat reps waiting for the viet fans to come out of the stadium,and chase them when they went out.apparantly there was even a clash between the singapore-viet fans during the 1st half(near the top half of viet fans area)

some of the viet fans were even taunted by them otw to the kallang mrt :S

pity,lose oso kena,win oso kena.LOL

i saw like,most of those mat reps waiting for the viet fans to come out of the stadium,and chase them when they went out.apparantly there was even a clash between the singapore-viet fans during the 1st half(near the top half of viet fans area)

some of the viet fans were even taunted by them otw to the kallang mrt :S

pity,lose oso kena,win oso kena.LOL

That's quite a shame, I know taunting is quite normal in many countries. but I never expect Singaporeans, grown in a developed country, do taunt others too. Now that's something unheard of..haha

went geylang take bus straight after the match. SG played damn well. alot of near misses. vietnam all want to act pain kns. geram siol. alot of die hard fan around me insult specially old malay men. intense.

I think it applies to both races? I was at the Kopitiam when the match was played. Then those ah peks was like fuming in hokkien. lol

I think it was a tense match, but those fuming ain't seems to be because Singapore lost, it's more of they lost in betting. I don't know other reasons why would people get so mad at it.

I was there wondering now that they are mad, are they going to start throwing bottles when they are drunk later? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back