AFF Suzuki Cup 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
there were some enthusiasm with certain individuals wanting to prove their worth. at the same time, this does not conflict with the team objective. hope lions would maintain such work ethics in their subsequent matches
happy-smiley-638.gif

As an Indonesian, I felt sad that my home country lost. But well, everyone plays their part and Singapore played it well too. So yea, the Lions deserves the credit.:)

I think The Indonesians should not have taken the full day off on Hari Raya Haji. But of course, religions play apart in their culture. So I can't blame them..haha

I am glad to see that there is a very capable replacement for Mustafic in Isa Halim. He's extremely strong in thr tackle and has good passing range too. I think they can go on to win again.

isa halim played well yesterday. but after yellow card affected his performance a little. but still a worthy performance nonetheless by the lad and more than able to replace fara.

don't forget, we still have hariss harun in that position, and i have no qualms he will make that position his own in the years to come.

also, i hope in the future spore can field more of their own players instead of the FTs. wilko havent convince me enough even he have some assists in his name. agu and shi however have been terrific.

and dammit i cant make it to the semis at kallang on the 21st! :(

o_O I think Wilkinson is awesome!

Isa Halim was not bad. Pity he had to jostle with Mustafic and Hariss. Our wingers look bad though. >.< Without Amri, the difference is really noticeable.

Do u guys notice that this is the 1st time we ever won all our group stage games?

Anyway its the Lions versus Vietnam in the semis! 21st Dec is the 2nd leg in our home turf.

C`mon you Lions!!!!!! :)

faizal_rocks: now that you mentioned it, yeah!

looking good for three times in a row!

where are the semis being held?

1st leg in Vietnam and 2nd leg either in National Stadium (most probably) or Jalan Besar Stadium (I don't think so hahaha). I still have memories of us winning the 2nd leg at NS against Malaysia last year. The crowd was amazing! Sea of red all over!

1st leg in Vietnam and 2nd leg either in National Stadium (most probably) or Jalan Besar Stadium (I don't think so hahaha). I still have memories of us winning the 2nd leg at NS against Malaysia last year. The crowd was amazing! Sea of red all over!

most probably kallang. although there are possiblities of it being moved to bishan.

jalan besar's closed for a month for pitch returfing.

o_O I think Wilkinson is awesome!

Isa Halim was not bad. Pity he had to jostle with Mustafic and Hariss. Our wingers look bad though. >.< Without Amri, the difference is really noticeable.

wilko was outstanding in the world cup qualifiers. but he hasn't really shone so far in this tournament. his crosses and set-pieces however have been superb, resulting in headed goals by NAS and bai. i think he's played out of position on the left. hes much more threatening in the middle. but then, theres fara and shi there. not forgetting isa and shahril ishak.

we are clearly missing amri and fazrul on the wings. but but, we manage to top our group with maximum points without them. i have the right to be optimistic of our chances now. :)

Jia Yi has been playing well too. he's one of the quiet workers in the team.

Though he takes some mean dead balls, I actually prefer Shahril Ishak to be playing in that role actually. Shahril plays more "intelligently" and gets to attacking positions more dangerously than Jia Yi IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back