AFF Suzuki Cup 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha lolz i didn't watch the match but i gotta say to play scrappily and win by such a margin takes some doing, once the Lions get on song they'll be a juggernaut, hard to stop, even harder to beat. NAS has always been really good, too bad abt that temper.

The match should have been more than 5 goals... I think Singapore should work on their shots on goal. They can't afford to make such mistakes in their future matches. Or else... say goodbye to the trophy!

yesterday's match- Lions preferred bringing the ball closer to goal & try rather than make shooting attempts... hope they play better tomorrow, regardless of the scoreline...

I think the turning point came when NAS came on. He was awesome, kudos to him, in his 1st official international game since he was banned last year. Great to see him get a goal. Oh, and ISD finally scored!!! Woohoo! :)

yes its nice to to see indra shadan scoring. the abbreviation like drug. wait, that is LSD.. my bad. haha

It'll be nice to see someone else other than Singapore or Thailand winning it.Im hoping for Vietnam to nick it or Indonesia with their striker Bambang providing the goals :D

S'pore 3 - Myanmar 1

was rather upset the team decided to hit the brakes after the 3rd goal & much controversy. the pushing of the ref was unprofessional & the sending off was deserving for Myanmar. looking at the game progression, Myanmar could have done better should they not have lost their cool.

the goal conceded by the lions was a fundamental lapse; Lion defenders ran with the back against the ball, letting the opponent have a shot at goal & they were deservingly punished.

I don't think the Lions played well today but what matters most is they are in the semi-finals. Time for Raddy to make a few rotations here and there. NAS, as always, pounces on every opportunity he gets. The defence looks a little shaky and the goal they conceded is due a lack of concentration. I must admit Myanmar were more lively than the Lions in the 2nd half.

The pushing of the ref by the Myamar goalie was totally uncalled for and just plain stupid. He deserved to be send off. I dun understand why he and the rest had to protest over that quick free kick. Controversy strikes again just like 3 years ago, when if anyone remembers, a Myamar player kicked mud in the ref's face n got sent off and S Subramani got whacked with a water bottle by the reserve Myanmar keeper? Tsk tsk..

Tuesday will definitely be a big game for the Lions against Indonesia, playing in their home turf.

they can treat this as practice also since they have qualified...

i remember the bottle incident- the things people do when they lose... tsk, tsk...

Ya like when Thailand staged a similar walk-out when the Malaysian ref awarded the penalty last year? Singapore always seem to be the centre of controversy haha, and always on the 'winning side'if u know wat i mean. Anyway, here's my player ratings for the Singapore side:

Lionel Lewis - 7.0 Did not have much to do but could have done better with a few of Myanmar's crosses in the 1st half, although he did excellently with the same crosses in the 2nd half, punching them away. A rather quiet game, will have to be on his toes against Indonesia though.

Noh Rahman - 5.5 Not a good performance for the skipper. Lost his man one too many times and was at fault for the opening goal. Lucky not to be punished more than once. Needs to find the consistency that has cemented his place as first-choice right-back for the past few years

Baihakki Khaizan - 6.5 Was left for dead whenever Soe Myat Min went for the through-ball from his teammate but in truth he wasn't unduly troubled and was absolutely solid in the air. An efficient, but not spectacular performance.

Precious Emuejeraye - 6.5 Much the same as his defensive partner, although he did hesitate to clear once or twice

Daniel Bennett - 6.0 Did well getting forward, putting in a few good crosses and he also won most of the aerial balls. But in the 2nd half, he was eaten alive by the lively Myanmarese left winger, who had been the man of the 1st half for Myanmar.

Mustafic Fahrudin - 6.5 An efficient performer too but was unlucky to shown a soft yellow card. Sometimes too casual on the ball but cleaned up in front of his defence well enough.

Shi Jiayi - 5.5 Quite a few misplaced passes and wasn't at his best. Set-piece deliveries were up to mark though, and it was his corner delivery that caused Agu Casmir's first goal.

Muhammad Ridhuan - 6.0 Quiet on the right flank and did not see too much of the ball. Did well on the few occasions he did receive the ball, and tracked back to defend as well. But he faded a little in the middle of the 2nd half and was replaced by Isa Halim.

John Wilkinson - 7.0 2 assists and nearly a goal summed up his evening. He was guilty of misplacing the odd pass in the 2nd half though, but a hard worker throughout.

Noh Alam Shah - 6.5 Scored a goal on 46 seconds and led the line well in the 1st half. His best work was off the ball, as he constantly drew defenders out to the flanks to create space for the likes of John Wilkinson and Shi Jiayi. Faded in the 2nd half, due most likely to his limited playing time and was substituted for Indra.

Agu Casmir - 8.5 Scored twice and was the best player on the pitch, drawing defenders out to the flanks like his strike partner and also contributed a few fine passes and crosses. Sharp as a nail, he terrorised and crucified the Myanmar defence, although he wasted a golden chance to score in the dying minutes of the 1st half, his improvised shot going high. Still, man of the match and most deservedly so.

I'm indonesian but i love the SG team more. Haha i feel they have a lot more character now than a few years back, even though so many of them are new citizens and all. But like last time round, i think my home country will provide the sternest test for the lions side...

so the last grp game probably is like, a teaser of the final? if they can keep scoring like this that is, and improve on their concentration =/

For a moment, I thought the Myanmar players are going to hantam the referee. :D

Anyway, all these antics, assaults and walk-outs give a bad image for SE Asian football. For the neutral observers, the way these players behave make school boys' football look professional.

i was at the stadium during the bottle incident, but if don't remember wrongly, that was the turning point of the game for Singapore haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back