Youth Concert @ South East

HeartRockSingapore said:
Thanks to one and all who volunteered...Ichiro, Pepper, Daniel, Azlan, Sharil, Strat, Sofyan, Keith, Albert, Derrick, Gabriel, Adora, Julius & your gang.

Thanks to all who came down to support, Boon, Kelvin, Seekz, & your bassist ..can't remember his name.

Congratulations to those who gotten the prize of the day! You know what i am talking about.

To tell you guys honestly.... I am disappointed. I will ponder over and will decide what to do here after.

Hullo boss, once the Circle line is completed. Stadium Green will be a hot location again. SIS knows it as well but that's like in 2009 or 2010.

Thanks for the nasi lemak. Long time no eat Fong Seng's nasi lemak...

Haha. But seriously, I can't wait for the Circle Line to open. SERANGOON WILL BE CONNECTED TO THE REST OF THE WORLD. Ok I meant Singapore. But umm yeh. K it was all great! Yes, the main thing was probably the mosaic music fest and the fact that it was The Suns' final gig before they set off for Aust again, didn't help much.

But I had fun while I was there. :) Cheer up, Anthony!

it was great, it would have been better with a bigger audience. not many people knew about it! if only there were flyers that could be distributed. or were there?

Hello all.

No I am not disappointed with the low turnout of the gig. What I am disappointed with is the low turnout the previous day. I am expecting those young first timers who tells me they are so desperate for a chance to perform cos they have never performed before to give this event a miss.

They want gig, but they not interested to know what you look for in a band. They want to perform, but they are not prepared to pay (in terms of time and a little inconvenience). Maybe I shall leave these yung bands for The True Voice to take care of them. With his passion, I am sure he will be able to find them gigs, venue equipment and even pay them money.

Alternatively, I will make 1st time bands playing with HRS pay for their slot. Maybe not money cos many of these people has plenty of pocket money. I'll make them fulfill community service before allowing them to play.

I don't even see them coming up to me at the Marine Cove and say hi, I am from this band. I caome to check out the gig at Marine Cove and see if I can be part of it. No they are not interested in doing the necessary to become a better band.

I see where you are getting at Anthony. They want to be spoonfed.

I guess its like what you say, they are young bands. Inexperience will cause them to be complacent and think it wil go easy.

Anthony, ces't la vie. It means "That's Life."

I think HRS gigs have a following and a good number of bands that know and fulfill the requirements. So maybe you could just put the information of the requirements (demos, networking, tech rider etc) up on the website. Just simply accept only those that actually bother to meet your requirements and ignore those that don't/redirect them back to the requirements webpage.

heartrocks'pore.... read your post on the 1st days' turnout ... like to throw in my 2 cents worth...

BTW my drummer zaye was part of the drum fest thingy and speaks very highly of U and your charming ways (guess he likes you?) and especially yr nasi lemak catering (no kiddin)....

ok, for the 1st day's symposium what kind of turn out were you expecting actually? was there an rsvp list? did bands confirm attendance & then tuang you / no show? Publicity wise was it enough? Dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to get on your case or anything but I get the feeling (and I may be wrong) you are getting a bit too worked up about the whole incident....

Granted that nowadays there are lotsa so-called gig organisers trying to do this gig and dat gig etc... many dont even materialize or worse yet are just hoaxes... Some who think they are S'pore's answer to Alan Freed and try to control the scene and many other types.... the list goes on.

From what I've heard so far, I see that you are trying to make a real diffirence so when you organise something and the attendence is...well...sux... I guess you have the right to feel blearrrgh (2 quote a fren of mine). Dont feel "blurghh"... keep at it ... the local scene needs ppl like U..next tyme out, with more publicity & awareness such symposiums will be a sucess and schedule permitting, count me in for whatever help...

cheers 8)

Yo anthony, i feel your disappointment bro :( :(

For the turn-out, I think it's due to lotsa gigs on the same day, not to mention Mosaic open-air performances, but we've got quality crowd bro.

It was great doing the drum/percussion x-change with Rahman(Bushmen). We had a great time and all softies there were great!! Anyways, apologised for not being able to stay cos me & Rahman had another gig to attend to and the next day(sunday) , we had another one at sentosa.

Anyways, we(Rahman, Zain, Alfe, Alvin, Alex and other SDC members) did catch bits of Ronin's speech and the acoustic-duo who performed after us. I must say that local bands are getting much better now compared to last time.. You did a great job bro!! Count me in if you need any help etc on any upcoming gigs, if time permits, me and SDC bros will be more than willing to help!!

Cheers & Keep the Faith! :D :D

hey ho.....let`s go!!!!!!!!!!

thanx a million anthony .....we had fun that day!!...performing with great bands.....great soundcrew...great food!!!!
thanx to Boon n Kelvin for supporting us that day!!!
thanx to the bands for putting up a great show that day!!!

n for those who didn`t come...u guys missed Apul`s backflip again!!!!!nyah nyah nyah.....
:lol: :lol:

but overall...i think anthony did a GREAT GREAT job...he got us exposed ....managed the show well....wat more could u ask for...... 8)

eh Boon.,....dun mcm2 ok.....

there`s no such thing as `ROCKSTARS` here in s`pore....everybody`s equal... :lol:

we`re all playing music coz we want to..n coz we loved to.....
8)

we`re still the same guys u`ve met 2 yrs ago....ok..maybe i`ve put on weight...but we`re still the same.... 8)

Well I'm happy that at least two bands will be heading the radio wave..... I hope more will follow...and newer bands hitting top of the charts.

Maybe we'll set up some funds for mobile call in to make bands rise up the charts as well :wink:

aiyah anthony..u`ve done enuff...no need fund to call one... :lol:

i`m sure frens n families will be doing so..... 8)
n i`m sure the people here would support sumhow wenever they hear the bands`s songs on-air..... :lol:

ermmmmm....

:oops: :oops:

luckily GrimBrody on ICT.....
thanx for ur support Eugene...we`re looking forward to play alongside ur band actually.....seriously.....

one more thing..who`s the guy with the red T-shirt that day..with the specs..i think he`s one of the volunteers.i`m sorry but i forgot to ask his name lah....hehehehehhehehe

Back